Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Arsenal *** Official Match Thread ***

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Anyone watching Amazon? Arsenal this, Arsenal that, what gave Arsenal got to do. I expect them to focus on the big teams but this is a bloody joke!

Home game for Brighton so both pundits are ex Arsenal players and Arsenal fans. Where’s Steve Sidwell and Matthew Upson for a bit of balance?

Last edited:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
He is becoming ridiculously good. Ridiculously good.

Definitely won't be able to keep hold of him, but we're going to get serious cash for him.

The only thing is, how much? Weirdly DMs seem to go for much less than anyone else. Seems to be forwards and GKs who go for really £££ at the moment.
40?

SCassidy

Dec 2, 2020
Our B team is currently playing better than Arsenal here. Shame the B team have the same problem as the A team; not putting away their chances.

SoggyCabbages

Mar 29, 2019
"If the Strikers who are on don't do it then they can bring some on."

Erm we don't have any strikers on the pitch mate, just a winger and a CAM playing makeshift.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
Needs a lot more ambition. Mind you, same coulđ be said about Arsenal

True. But that was to be expected with no natural forwards starting. Potter is wanting to keep things tight. It's not been a bad performance (considering we have no forwards!). I'm sure Potter will be more adventurous with his subs, but probably not until 60-70th minute i reckon (assuming we don't go a goal down).

We needed someone like Connolly running on to that through ball. Mac is not quick and can't run the defender

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
How many more chances are we going to miss?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
For me, it's when teams aren't sat deep that the pedestrian nature annoys me. It's not even about us creating an overload in their half, it's just that passing the ball quicker is harder to defend against.

Fair enough not going gung ho when they're all back defending, but when there's gaps at the back of their defence, the constant fiddling around and looking for that extra pass is really annoying. And in any case, being pedestrian results in us giving the ball away and being countered anyway, case in point being Sheffield United's goal.

We’re never going to be immune to being countered so it will happen, especially in games when we’re really pushing on.
Regarding your first point, I think it would be easier if we had one or two players that had anything that resembled pace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here