Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Arsenal *** Official Match Thread ***

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I see Big Sam's turned the Baggies around. Cracking OG too.
Meanwhile the Prem's two worst managers clog out a borefest.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Ali J has done OK as a pressing forward. Better than Maupay or Connolly lately but equally as (un)likely to score. At least presses better though (Maupay was good at it last season but not this).

Macallister some moments as a shadow striker (basically in the hole behind but with nobody legit to shadow or be in a hole behind).

Bissouma a 9 performance again and immense. Nine players probably on a 7 so far. Propper would be lucky to get a 2 as don't think I've seem him retain the ball once or do anything at all but stroll about. Used to be a fan but something seems wrong with him. Bring Molumby on if you want to be solid, or juggle things around further forward if want to gamble.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Anyone watching Amazon? Arsenal this, Arsenal that, what gave Arsenal got to do. I expect them to focus on the big teams but this is a bloody joke!

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Bissouma reminds me of Kante now he is playing more expressively, and I'd say he is the only DM in the league better than Biss currently. Which makes Biss one of the best midfielders in the world.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Quite a good half defensively, caused a couple of moments of uncertainty in the Arsenal area. Bissouma has been magnificent.

Not too bad really, we’ve got Welbz and Maupay to come on later.

I’m happy.

SoggyCabbages

Mar 29, 2019
Anyone watching Amazon? Arsenal this, Arsenal that, what gave Arsenal got to do. I expect them to focus on the big teams but this is a bloody joke!

Same with MoTD, always analysing the bigger team and then with a fleeting glance say something about Brighton.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Arsenal *** Official Match Thread ***

I expect that from arsenal pundits but it's depressing from our own fans, many of whom seem to know nothing about football and just deal in cliches.

100%

Just watched a much rotated yet organised side control a half against Arsenal. And we’re set up nicely for a second half with some big attacking players to come on, and there’s a plank or 2 complaining because we’re not 2-0 up.

Yet they were complaining about the line up before the game. You couldn’t make it up.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I'm getting the feeling that some of our fans are upset that Big Sam has gone to WBA before we could get him.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Strong first half. The better side obviously, a few good but no clear chances.

Biss is absolute quality - looking a top 4 player today, easy.

Bernardo has been my highlight - having a really good game, looks to be enjoying himself.

Agree Bernardo has been great.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
Something I’m struggling to understand is how much criticism we receive for being pedestrian. Due to our crippling lack of bite upfront every team knows they can sit deep and absorb us, they have men behind the ball and it’s incredibly hard to play through that at pace, if we try to rush through them and commit bodies forward we’ll get picked off and countered. If we could score the opposition would have to come further up the pitch.

For me, it's when teams aren't sat deep that the pedestrian nature annoys me. It's not even about us creating an overload in their half, it's just that passing the ball quicker is harder to defend against.

Fair enough not going gung ho when they're all back defending, but when there's gaps at the back of their defence, the constant fiddling around and looking for that extra pass is really annoying. And in any case, being pedestrian results in us giving the ball away and being countered anyway, case in point being Sheffield United's goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here