Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Arsenal *** Official Match Thread ***

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
What does “on top” mean? It doesn’t mean anything tangible. We were “on top” of Sheffield when they hit us on the counter.
It means we’re playing better than our opponents. Which I enjoy. I’m an optimist and a Potter fan.

SoggyCabbages

Mar 29, 2019
Actually quite sad how bad Arsenal are.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
The tippy tappy at the back is terrifying and we are still ponderous going forward, and reluctant to put it in the box or shoot. That said, we are doing much better than most of us thought we would. It is good to see DP, AM and AJ get a chance, hopefully a couple of them will take it. Come on The Albion, a point would be good and well deserved on the showing so far.:albion2:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Good half, a nervous game, both teams want to ewin but can't afford to lose. We're set up perfectly, bossing midfield, passing it well, 5 defenders on the pitch seems to help keep the Arse at bay.

Whilst we don't have a 'recognised striker' on the pitch you wouldn't notice as a casual onlooker. AJ's shot was good, low, forced a good save. I don't think anyone on the bench would have done any better if recent form is anything to go by.

Everyones done their job well so far.

Propper wil tire, lack of match fitness, so maybe drop Ali MAc back and bring on MAupay/Welbeck instead, then AJ switch on the hour?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don’t find that boring, it’s satisfying to watch us dominate, but as with the first team, there’s absolutely no bite to our attack. I sincerely hope there’s an striker waiting to be announced in early January to give Potter a chance.

Well said.

Would have preferred Zeqiri to AJ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

larus

Strong first half. The better side obviously, a few good but no clear chances.

Biss is absolute quality - looking a top 4 player today, easy.

Bernardo has been my highlight - having a really good game, looks to be enjoying himself.

Ali J & Alex Mac not looking likely to be the answer to our goalscoring problems - one surely to go off early on for Welbeck or Maupay (or both).

Again, same old story, deserve to be winning. Lack of goal scoring prowess responsible again. Same old.

Optimistic about the 2nd half... but knowing this season, we'll probably lose 1-0 to a VAR penalty or something.

BTW, those who pissed their pants over the Potter lineup, not going as bad as you expected? ???

Agreed, although I think it’s a bit unfair on Ali J, as he’s not really a striker. I’d bring Maupay on first, as I’d prefer not to push Welbeck too much and risk an injury.

lets hope the Arsenal manager doesnt give the same team talk which West Ham were given. They came out guns ablazing (Pun intended) and dont want Arsenal doing the same.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Something I’m struggling to understand is how much criticism we receive for being pedestrian. Due to our crippling lack of bite upfront every team knows they can sit deep and absorb us, they have men behind the ball and it’s incredibly hard to play through that at pace, if we try to rush through them and commit bodies forward we’ll get picked off and countered. If we could score the opposition would have to come further up the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here