Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

............ Brighton & Hove Albion v Millwall *** Official Match Thread ***

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
All these late goals cannot just be luck ! I think our style must pose so many problems for our opponents that they tire and lose concentration ???

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just caught up with SSN and I see Palace drew (which I realise you all know) - not such a bad night after all.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Okay - so does it need a poll or are we all agreed that starting official matchday threads is a job for BBBW for the forseeable future? :lol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Okay - so does it need a poll or are we all agreed that starting official matchday threads is a job for BBBW for the forseeable future? :lol:

Agreed , BBBW in hindsight would have secured all 3 points this evening.

swervy_123

Dec 2, 2009
brighton
Everything is now complete. Creative midfielders, two class strikers, the ability to go on and win/draw games when behind, loads of options from the bench, picking up points when playing badly and luck going our way. Its only February whats not to like.

what creative midfielders we havent got one ,navarro bridcut the same type of player no creativity through the middle of the park and to slow both get nosebleeds when they cross the halfway line.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
what creative midfielders we havent got one ,navarro bridcut the same type of player no creativity through the middle of the park and to slow both get nosebleeds when they cross the halfway line.

would make a better point had Navarro not scored the winner on Saturday and then had his shot deflected to create the opening goal tonight

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't see what's funny? This is something for the mods, official match threads started by anyone else should be deleted.
Agreed , BBBW in hindsight would have secured all 3 points this evening.
It's nothing to do with hindsight, we said this at the start.

swervy_123

Dec 2, 2009
brighton
would make a better point had Navarro not scored the winner on Saturday and then had his shot deflectedto create the opening goal tonight

one goal in 100 games . so you think are two central midfielders work do you , look how other teams break on us so quickly we have nothing through the middle except sideway passing mc smith is wasted he is waiting for a quick ball that never comes. i cant remember one decent ball through the middle can you or anyone..

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Football cliché number 1... You have to earn the right to play. Our 11 thought they could just turn up tonight and roll Millwall over. Millwall were sharper and passed the ball better than us and in Trotter had the best player on the pitch. Also, if El Abd is the best defender (Gus's words) at the club then PLAY HIM. Delighted with a point.

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
Football cliché number 1... You have to earn the right to play. Our 11 thought they could just turn up tonight and roll Millwall over. Millwall were sharper and passed the ball better than us and in Trotter had the best player on the pitch. Also, if El Abd is the best defender (Gus's words) at the club then PLAY HIM. Delighted with a point.
Exactly - the evening in a nutshell.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Crap performance, arguably the worst I've seen from us at the Amex. We looked totally disjointed and un co-ordinated for large parts of the game, and were screaming out for the kind of creativity in attack that Kaz or Noone would have offered had they played from the start.

I also would have taken Barnes rather than CMS off when the subs were made - how are Vokes and CMS meant to form any kind of partnership when they're not playing full games together?

Mind you, we didn't lose so it's not all doom and gloom. :)

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
one goal in 100 games . so you think are two central midfielders work do you , look how other teams break on us so quickly we have nothing through the middle except sideway passing mc smith is wasted he is waiting for a quick ball that never comes. i cant remember one decent ball through the middle can you or anyone..

well to be fair that midfield has kept us unbeaten since the turn of the year so one poor game where we set up with three defensive midfielders instead of 2 plus one attacking seems to be rather a one-off error of judgement by Gus than a catastrophe from which we will never recover.

but then I do try not to over-react.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Creative Midfielder

I don't mind who starts the Official Thread" as long as it has pictures and links. I'd sooner not do it, but it got to be ahead of the other clubs. Not OTT, of course.

If you want to copy the code, just cut and paste from Reply Quote on the original. It is a pain in the head getting the club badges the right size and lined up though, so I would sooner that somebody else does it.

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/

for link to the stadia.

The Football League | Match | Referees | Referees

This is the referees page, but it was wrong for the Millwall game.

Google for the ref.

I expect there are some other links if I remember.

swervy_123

Dec 2, 2009
brighton
why do we need two defensive midfielders let alone three .dont get me wrong i think its been a great season so far but some of are results have been lucky they could have gone either way .we have nothing in the middle of the park to create chances , are best and most expensive player is suffering and as you said nav s deflected shot lucky again not over reactin just feel this is a problem in the team . but not a catastrophe seems your over reacting

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Ideally, we want to pass into the space in front of our front runners. Alas, the other teams know this and try and cover the space. If the opponents covering is too thorough the Albion midfielder with the ball has no one to pass to he can run with the ball*, or we can form diamonds and do wall passes etc. (*except the players that can run with the ball were on the bench for most of the game).

Playing deep is the chosen method of defending rather than pressing for the whole of the game. The trouble is the defenders have got to concentrate all of the time. I think the full backs are meant to work closely with the central defenders. If the winger goes very wide they become separated.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here