Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton flag at EDL march on Getty Images

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Someone earlier in this thread (sorry, can't be arsed to find it again) said they were in some way related to one of the 'characters' in the photograph, and that he (or one of the others) had never been to a match in his tawdry little life. The 'tawdry little' bit is my addition, by the way.

Well it wasnt a bha march for falmer or anything ofthe like So I would imagine there werea lot of none football supporters their f***ing hell they cant win One minute they are compared to peados because they carrya flag The next they are downed for not going to football

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
as clearly the implcation is that the club is happy to be aligned to the EDL

no no no no no come off it thats a smokescreen from the indignant. this is getting silly now. anyone who genuinely thinks that hasnt got a clue and i suspect/know most people on here who claim that are bullshitting that they believe thats a real danger, to suit themselves.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Unilever threatened to sue the BNP last year for infringement of a trademark when the BNP used the Marmite slogan and image without permission.

The EDL is filling the far right vacuum formed by the civil war in the BNP following the election and this is an ongoing story within far right politics. They have a history of (in)-fighting and factionalisation.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Mackie .. Nobody has compared them to paedos...your comprehension skills are poor...

The question STILL IS.... why do these morons feel the need to put a BHA badge on their political flag?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
no no no no no come off it thats a smokescreen from the indignant. this is getting silly now. anyone who genuinely thinks that hasnt got a clue and i suspect/know most people on here who claim that are bullshitting that they believe thats a real danger, to suit themselves.

So why did the club confiscate the EDL flag at Withdean, and why is the club taking steps to prevent the EDL using the club's new crest being used on EDL paraphanalia?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
So why did the club confiscate the EDL flag at Withdean, and why is the club taking steps to prevent the EDL using the club's new crest being used on EDL paraphanalia?

fan pressure it appears. you can be your bottom dollar there were people making themselves busy on the phone as soon as the picture came out. whats the club going to say to busybodies f*** off you silly wankers find something better to do? or defend their brand deal with the avalanche/trickle of complaints and nip it in the bud. its a win win for them dealing with it. what organisation football club or brand is going to want to associate themselves with the EDL before you even get close to political or moral reasons. its hardly groundbreaking or noble stuff is it, its just a bit of brand preservation as much as anything.

if thats what they want then fair enough. but the most vociferous 'keeping politics out of fooball' mob do often seem fairly political bods. keeping other peoples politics out of football is often a more accurate description.

Last edited:

black & white seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Brighton
Well it wasnt a bha march for falmer or anything ofthe like So I would imagine there werea lot of none football supporters their f***ing hell they cant win One minute they are compared to peados because they carrya flag The next they are downed for not going to football

You were the one who said they went to football. I just wanted to clarify that not all of them do.

Alex

Nov 3, 2010
Some of you lot are f***ing unbelievable. It is clear to see that although there are a few idiots in the EDL ranks, they accept anyone of any colour and ARE NOT racist. Middle class England need to wake up and see what's f***ing happening to this country of ours. EDL are the only ones willing to do ANYTHING about Sharia law coming to England.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Some of you lot are f***ing unbelievable. It is clear to see that although there are a few idiots in the EDL ranks, they accept anyone of any colour and ARE NOT racist. Middle class England need to wake up and see what's f***ing happening to this country of ours. EDL are the only ones willing to do ANYTHING about Sharia law coming to England.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Anybody who really believes that Sharia Law would be a national law in England is seriously, mentally unbalanced.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Unilever threatened to sue the BNP last year for infringement of a trademark when the BNP used the Marmite slogan and image without permission.

The EDL is filling the far right vacuum formed by the civil war in the BNP following the election and this is an ongoing story within far right politics. They have a history of (in)-fighting and factionalisation.

Unilever is just a front for the UAF.

tykemison

Feb 9, 2011
Alex,seems to me most posters on this board have a warped sense of fair play and greet all immigrants with open arms and cannot see the inevitable corrosion of british standards/ethics.No doubt i will recieve predictable back-lash for having differing views but you only have to look around any large town/city and its plain to see they contribute very little apart from terrible service in our shops,we must stop this before its too late and i always return home with a tower zinger and not regular tower which i ordered.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

:facepalm:

And the world is ending next year when the mayan calender runs out. And there is a secret planet called nibiru which hides from us and is going to crash into the earth. And the world is only 6000 years old. And the earth is run by a group of giant shape-shifting blood drinking alien lizards. And Tony Blair is a genuine honest man who really honestly believed there were wmd in iraq and that he genuinely took this country to war for the best of motives.

Seriously if you believe the bollocks you wrote you will believe any old f***ing crap so you may as well believe all the above.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Anybody who really believes that Sharia Law would be a national law in England is seriously, mentally unbalanced.

dave we agree. this is part of the problem the only people 'doing things' are preying on people by telling them in 10 years time some bloke with a beard will be chopping your hand off for not paying your tv licence.

we have british born muslims blowing themselves up on public transport. anyone who dismisses that as an abberation or not a f***ing serious problem is mentally unbalanced too or at very least a f***ing idiot. but the only discussion we have is currently led by a load of people getting lagging drunk and singing songs.

Crawley 'Gull

Oct 3, 2005
Crawley
This thread is embarassing. So they shouldn't have put a Brighton symbol on their flag but is it really worth 16 pages of hysteria!

I doubt anyone outside of B&HAFC are going to even notice let alone think anything less of the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here