Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton flag at EDL march on Getty Images

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
The British born muslims, who blew themselves up on 7/7, according to their video farewells, blew themselves and others up, as a direct protest of British troops being in Iraq and Afghanistan with the Americans, killing a lot of muslim civilians...a serious lot of civilians, and that sadly, continues today. Some of them would have had family ties to people greatly affected by it, so it comes as no surprise that some hot heads would react.
Nobody but the insane would condone it, but...theres always a but... their protest was nothing to do with any international jihad to bring sharia law to every non muslim country in the world, which is what groups such as EDL promote.

and even if its embarrassing...I still want to know WHY they deemed a Brighton and Hove Albion badge, fit to put on their political flag.
Im quite happy for them to put Brighton on their flag...even Brighton Division...as funny as that is... I just dont see
the relevance of a Brighton and Hove Albion badge that represents people of different religions, nationalities etc.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
lol @ above...if you really think those video STILLS of some muslims prove they did the london bombings you are an idiot.

watch the 7/7 ripple effect for starters.....pah, so many on here are washed with the mainstream media and "group think."

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
The British born muslims, who blew themselves up on 7/7, according to their video farewells, blew themselves and others up, as a direct protest of British troops being in Iraq and Afghanistan with the Americans, killing a lot of muslim civilians...a serious lot of civilians, and that sadly, continues today. Some of them would have had family ties to people greatly affected by it, so it comes as no surprise that some hot heads would react.
Nobody but the insane would condone it, but...theres always a but... their protest was nothing to do with any international jihad to bring sharia law to every non muslim country in the world, which is what groups such as EDL promote.

and even if its embarrassing...I still want to know WHY they deemed a Brighton and Hove Albion badge, fit to put on their political flag.
Im quite happy for them to put Brighton on their flag...even Brighton Division...as funny as that is... I just dont see
the relevance of a Brighton and Hove Albion badge that represents people of different religions, nationalities etc.

aw Dave if you dont think that Saddiq Khan and the Leeds Division were not in the least bit fueled by their disconnection to the dominant culture in the UK -and their increasingly barmy decision making processes that led to their ultimate insane act were not at all influenced by the contradictory messages they received regarding British multiculturalism, then you are either in massive denial, feel the narrative above suits you better, or simply havent cottoned on to it yet. Anyone with a brain can see it a mile off and thats the problem we need to address.

Pulling out of Afghanistan to suit some dickhead in Bradford so he wont go on a killing spree (or even accepting that that is the genuine reason and not a far more complex issue of identity and other influences), is not a way to run a society of 60 million people that is allegedly a fantastic melting pot we should all pat ourselves on the back about, only spoilt by a few horrid ruffians with short haircuts who probably read red tops and would not know a decent olive oil if they were hit in the f***ing face with a bottle so hard the shards blinded them forever and they became the state burdens they are railing against.

Last edited:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I doubt anyone outside of B&HAFC are going to even notice let alone think anything less of the club.

Just out of interest, does anyone know where this picture has been printed / published / displayed?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
The British born muslims, who blew themselves up on 7/7, according to their video farewells, blew themselves and others up, as a direct protest of British troops being in Iraq and Afghanistan with the Americans, killing a lot of muslim civilians...a serious lot of civilians, and that sadly, continues today. Some of them would have had family ties to people greatly affected by it,
Really ? Big Iraqi population in Leeds is there ? Where is the evidence that British born muslims of Pakistani descent have "family ties" to civilians killed in Afghanistan? Or perhaps they just have Afghan friends they met on a computer course in Kandahar?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Yeah, family ties in the border area of Pakistan and Afghanistan are broken because a British drawn line was marked there...

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Yes Spanish...I did say that no sane person would condone the actions of these bombers... but I do think your right concerning their alienation, which in a large aspect, I blame on British racists over the years.
EDL, and their fore-runners, BNP and NF, have had their marches in cities with large Asian populations, and the only reason for the marches was to intimidate, and to raise tensions.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

But you're happy (from your many many posts on this tedious subject) for UAF to hand out leaflets outside a football match and thereby using a football match/team/whatever to publicise UAF and associate their political cause with a club but you are unhappy with EDL effectively doing the same? And there we come to the root of it. Clearly you are either hypocritical or you support the UAF and their efforts to use football as a recruitment ground.

I'm not being glib here. Like you, I can't stand the EDL and disagree with their cause and their aims. I also hate to see football being used either by the EDL or UAF. You, on the other hand can have no complaints if you support the UAF in doing so.

The sneery, superior responses on here do people no favours. The EDL is full of young men who feel let down, marginalised and looked down upon by the rest of society and this thread just confirms theirs (and your) prejudices. I don't think I've read any post here where someone who opposes them has genuinely tried to use reason rather than sarcasm.

Those blokes in that picture look scary and granted they don't look like MENSA candidates but they do look like most other white working class British blokes to me. A f***ing ugly big group of blokes that are a pain in the arse at weekends in any town in Britain but deeply patriotic and bloody good in a fight. You rip the piss out of those blokes in that picture then you rip the piss out of most white working class males. That's gonna win hearts and minds, isn't it?

Instead of sitting behind your keyboards calling them cro-magnons why not engage them in proper debate? The reason why the BNP has gained so much support over recent years is because a) no-one took the trouble to listen to what the white underclass was angry about b) no-one's prepared to raise the level of debate with the BNP beyond sticking their fingers in their ears and shouting "la-la, you're a racist, I'm not listening" and c) I can't think of another point but I'm sure there is one.

That's me done.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Im not going to be able to provide you with evidence sitting here in Prague Bushy... im telling you the reasons for their act as promoted via their videos...ive no reason to disbelieve people who are prepared to blow themselves and others to pieces...
Yes they were Pakistanis, and not Iraqis, or Afghanis, but..I dont know what relatives they have in their family..neither do you.
We kill Pakistanis and Afghanis, pretty much on a DAILY basis in there own country....not a one off event several years ago...on a DAILY basis... ...if you cant figure out why they dont like us, what can I do.

and still waiting to find out WHY The Brighton EDL morons, felt a need to place a Brighton and Hove Albion badge on their political flag.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Ponce... Did the UAF literature carry a Brighton and Hove Albion badge?

Thats what the issue is about...not what people do in and around the ground...
The BNP used to put out their newsrag at the Goldstone...I dont have an issue with that..
I dont have an issue with these morons demonstrating.... I have an issue with them using
our club badge to do it.

and yeah the BNP has gained major support in the UK, which is reflected in the votes at elections lol

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Good post Buzzer.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Ponce... Did the UAF literature carry a Brighton and Hove Albion badge?

and yes, the BNP has gained major support in the UK, which is reflected in the votes at elections.

I didn't see the literature and neither did you. I suspect it didn't but that is irrelevant. Clearly the UAF were using (as does the EDL) the football match to further their cause. Whether there was a badge on there or not the association is clearly there. It's just all semantics after that.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
its not irrelevant...thats what the discussion is about...using the club badge on a political flag.....like I said...the bnp used to sell their news rag at the Goldstone...I dont have a problem with that...therefore, I wont have a problem with UAF literature....unless?...it uses a BHA logo on it....which I seriously doubt.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
its not irrelevant...thats what the discussion is about...using the club badge on a political flag.....like I said...the bnp used to sell their news rag at the Goldstone...I dont have a problem with that...therefore, I wont have a problem with UAF literature....unless?...it uses a BHA logo on it....which I seriously doubt.

And now we get to the semantics and if you don't mind me saying it's not what the discussion is about. Look at the bigger picture as I've tried to illustrate with my previous post. All you're doing now is pathetic point scoring on trivial issues. Leaflets good but badges bad? It boils down to the same thing, political groups using football as another front in their war on each other.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
This thread is embarassing. So they shouldn't have put a Brighton symbol on their flag but is it really worth 16 pages of hysteria!

I doubt anyone outside of B&HAFC are going to even notice let alone think anything less of the club.

It's politics. Innit?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
But you're happy (from your many many posts on this tedious subject) for UAF to hand out leaflets outside a football match and thereby using a football match/team/whatever to publicise UAF and associate their political cause with a club but you are unhappy with EDL effectively doing the same? And there we come to the root of it. Clearly you are either hypocritical or you support the UAF and their efforts to use football as a recruitment ground.

I'm not being glib here. Like you, I can't stand the EDL and disagree with their cause and their aims. I also hate to see football being used either by the EDL or UAF. You, on the other hand can have no complaints if you support the UAF in doing so.

The sneery, superior responses on here do people no favours. The EDL is full of young men who feel let down, marginalised and looked down upon by the rest of society and this thread just confirms theirs (and your) prejudices. I don't think I've read any post here where someone who opposes them has genuinely tried to use reason rather than sarcasm.

Those blokes in that picture look scary and granted they don't look like MENSA candidates but they do look like most other white working class British blokes to me. A f***ing ugly big group of blokes that are a pain in the arse at weekends in any town in Britain but deeply patriotic and bloody good in a fight. You rip the piss out of those blokes in that picture then you rip the piss out of most white working class males. That's gonna win hearts and minds, isn't it?

Instead of sitting behind your keyboards calling them cro-magnons why not engage them in proper debate? The reason why the BNP has gained so much support over recent years is because a) no-one took the trouble to listen to what the white underclass was angry about b) no-one's prepared to raise the level of debate with the BNP beyond sticking their fingers in their ears and shouting "la-la, you're a racist, I'm not listening" and c) I can't think of another point but I'm sure there is one.

That's me done.
Says it all, buzzer for PM!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
No ponce its not a matter of trivial point scoring at all... people have always given out literature at football matches...BNP NF, even the Salvation Army... nobody has an issue with that...IF the BNP literature had a BHA logo on it...if the Salvation Army literature had a BHA logo on it..if the UAF literature had a BHA logo on it..id have an issue with it...they dont, and didnt in the past.... what this thread is about is the use of the BHA logo... why people want to avoid that argument, I dont know. i believe they know its wrong, but their political leanings prevent them from admitting that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here