Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion v Wigan Athletic ****Official Match Thread****

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
You're an idiot, why don't you just spunk cash on players instead? Who are you expecting to fund these players?

While I in no way endorse spunking money we don't have, we p1ssed about with the Bridcutt transfer all month. Assuming that was money Oscar was able to use, he didn't get chance to use it.

I suspect Oscar will never see that money is it will be used to cover losses, which is fine, assuming supporters are prepared to accept that. A transfer policy like that will mean we will never seriously challenge the top two, but again, I am not advocating spending what we don't have.

Seasons like this are probably about to become the norm. Close, but not close enough.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
You can have a go at me and call me names If you want but facts don't lie.

Ok then seeing as you said we can..... the fact is your a midget idiot, who knows nothing about nothing. This season is not a failure we were never likely to challenge for promotion we always had just an outside chance. As for vanishing money, behave look at the stadium and training ground, lets do things right and not be losing 5-0 to Scunthorpe in five years time eh, been there and done that, and don't wanna do it again.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Remember who pays for tickets and buys merch week In and week out. It's the fans who have to put up with this shit. How is It we've lost so much money when we seem to be the most stingiest team in regards to wages and transfer funds. We charge extortionate amounts for food and drink and are one of the most expensive In the football league. Really don't see where this money has vanished. You can have a go at me and call me names If you want but facts don't lie.

You don't read other articles or threads giving reasons for this, do you? or are you just ignorant?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Remember who pays for tickets and buys merch week In and week out. It's the fans who have to put up with this shit. How is It we've lost so much money when we seem to be the most stingiest team in regards to wages and transfer funds. We charge extortionate amounts for food and drink and are one of the most expensive In the football league. Really don't see where this money has vanished. You can have a go at me and call me names If you want but facts don't lie.

We just cannot compete financially with those clubs getting parachute money and those willing to bust FFP apart. We have a decent if not stellar squad but with constant injuries to key players Oscar can only pick from what is available.

My only niggle about today would be the starting line up although it was by no means as negative as it might, bearing in mind that Oscar is juggling his resources for 2 games in 3 days. Whatever money you spend it still depends on the players to put the ball in the net (ask QPR etc). It sounds like we had chances today - but did not take them and got punished.

Finally I'm wary of having a cup run at this pivotal time of the season - is it an unhelpful distraction from focusing on a push for the play-offs? Plus it certainly didn't help our injury list.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
We just cannot compete financially with those clubs getting parachute money and those willing to bust FFP apart. We have a decent if not stellar squad but with constant injuries to key players Oscar can only pick from what is available.

My only niggle about today would be the starting line up although it was by no means as negative as it might, bearing in mind that Oscar is juggling his resources for 2 games in 3 days. Whatever money you spend it still depends on the players to put the ball in the net (ask QPR etc). It sounds like we had chances today - but did not take them and got punished.

Finally I'm wary of having a cup run at this pivotal time of the season - is it an unhelpful distraction from focusing on a push for the play-offs? Plus it certainly didn't help our injury list.

sensible post that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here