Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion v Wigan Athletic ****Official Match Thread****

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Well there is a good example of the difference it makes when you take your chances. Wigan clinical we needed 6 chances to score

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Just come off the Concorse and got a network in Dicks bar.
firstly, Sorry I couldn't deliver the win. second, how the fook did we lose that? we deserved at the very least a draw. Although Lopez gets a lot of stick I thought he had a decent game. Kaz came on but didn't make much impact. Even though we lost, lots of positives. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to get pissed

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
So we won't be going up, and we won't be winning the cup, then.

thats still a maybe
very disheartening scoreline but we are not quite out of it yet.............still just about half full

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I'm afraid this result sums up the season. It's no good dominating teams and creating all the chances if you don't finish them off. This isn't news, in fact the same old story is getting quite boring. I know that sounds harsh, but 33 goals in 31 games sums up our problem.

Is it a tactics issue, or is it we simply don't have the firepower (and I don't just mean the forwards)? If it's not tactics as it sounds like today, then surely we've screwed ourselves over in the transfer window?

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
We played alright, just the finishing, and a couple of defensive errors, but 6th place is still there for the taking with Reading and Forest faltering and Wigans next game away to Forest whilst we play Millwall. Things will level out.

we are making great progress in Oscars first season.

Mantener la fe!

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
In case you haven't guessed, BHA lead the Championship in HW -- hit woodwork.
And are 3rd in the league in goals against.
So much for "Offense wins games, defense wins championships."

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
1. BHA are very unlucky
2. The defense isn't the problem, not even close. Today I think is a good example.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
1. BHA are very unlucky
2. The defense isn't the problem, not even close. Today I think is a good example.

Defence has never been a problem. We've always looked strong in that department, although Greer frightens me at times.
I don't think we are unlucky at all, somebody has to be top of those 'hit the post' leagues, it just happens to be us. That doesn't make us unlucky.

We cannot keep making excuses, today 2 defensive errors compounded our ineptitude in front of goal, something has to change, and I'm sorry it needs to be more than luck.

ruthers

Feb 24, 2013
We play prettier football, sure, but we have heard the 'bad luck' & 'need to be more clinical' excuses all season from Oscar.
IMO too many players going through the motions today, bar 78 mins onwards (which is a situation all too frequent recently). Possession is great if you do something with it other than numerous square or backward passes to the edge of our penalty box. Wigan were 2 up and still pushed for a 3rd in the second half. Imagine if we'd been in the same position (even at home) we'd have sat on our own penalty spot inviting pressure.
Bruno & Buckley are the only two who come out with any credit for me. A couple, Stephens & Lopez, simply do not deserve their wages this week. Heads were down after the 2nd went in and I sense a problem underlying in the dressing room. Oscar has been bigging up Wigan all week so perhaps he'd mentally prepared the team for a defeat from the off.
No excuses, this was yet another home win that should have been won.

10 out of 10 for the support today who should have got MOM

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Fact is we played very well, passed the ball well, especially 1st half created 4/5 clear chances but their keeper didn't make a save until about the 80th min. The loss of Crofts has been a big one and if Ulloa doesn't score neither do we. We need a No.10 type player, with a goal threat in on loan from somewhere or we will not make the play offs IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here