Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and drugs

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
im a placid guy,never touched them,but my view changed when my children were born,one guy(scouse)came upto me in the bogs,offering coke,i lost it big time,ramming his head in the toilet seat,didnt hang around after to see the damage,another time,a manc approached me on a bus,again,nutted the fucker,kicked him a few times,told himhe had asked the wrong guy.HAave never,or would ever assoiciate with anyone that did drugs,i worry as my kids get older,esp last years at school as iknow it happens,god help anyone that offers my kids drugs

We must have different definitions of placid in that case.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
im a placid guy,never touched them,but my view changed when my children were born,one guy(scouse)came upto me in the bogs,offering coke,i lost it big time,ramming his head in the toilet seat,didnt hang around after to see the damage,another time,a manc approached me on a bus,again,nutted the fucker,kicked him a few times,told himhe had asked the wrong guy.HAave never,or would ever assoiciate with anyone that did drugs,i worry as my kids get older,esp last years at school as iknow it happens,god help anyone that offers my kids drugs

There is a long horizontal button at the bottom of your keyboard, use it

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

There's a big part of trainspotting that's written about you, is your name begbie by any chance :lolol:

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
There's a big part of trainspotting that's written about you, is your name begbie by any chance :lolol:

i always thought you could have easily done trainspotting in brighton. reminded me of a hell of a lot of people in the town.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
was a few years ago mind,20 to be exact,wouldnt change a thing,and would do the same again if pestered

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
I have known people who take all sorts (recreational) and handle it to a point but after a certain age it seems a bit pathetic. Always seems to cause arguments etc, have seen very reasonable sober people turn into bloody monsters, making shit/dangerous decisions, mixing with people they wouldn't talk to when sober, being suggestable and making some very regretful decision that always makes them feel shite the next day. I used to have a fairly open mind but after seeing friends who are not arseholes act like arseholes I cannot be bothered with any of it anymore. In fact saw 2 of my very close friends turn into wankers this very Friday gone because they were stoned out of their gourds, was all very depressing.

Only 2 weeks ago a female friend called me at 2 in the morning because she had done coke with 2 guys in the pub she had never met before, invited them back to hers and got into a position she wasn't comfortable with, had to go all the way across town to sort it out. All very silly.

I went round a friends house a few years back, not seen the guy for a few years simply because of a coke issue. It completely does my head in. In the early 90's I was doing all sorts but as time went on my head and my attitude was going down hill, so one day I just decided that was it. However my friend had moved on to coke and its been going on for the last 15 years. Anyway the time I went round there two more people knocked on the door and then they all started snorting coke. Within 10 minutes these people where completely buzzed off their heads. I did not feel comfortable with this, refused the offer of coke and just said I had to go. I have not seem my friend since. I don't like it, I think its a bad drug to get out of.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Brighton doesn't have the poverty issues that say somewhere like innercity Manchester or Glasgow does so I think the dealers and users are a bit different here. From my experience we do get a lot of users/dealers coming down from up North as it is easier to beg in a "holiday resort" and I think, though I'm not sure there are better facilities to house drug addicts here.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I went round a friends house a few years back, not seen the guy for a few years simply because of a coke issue. It completely does my head in. In the early 90's I was doing all sorts but as time went on my head and my attitude was going down hill, so one day I just decided that was it. However my friend had moved on to coke and its been going on for the last 15 years. Anyway the time I went round there two more people knocked on the door and then they all started snorting coke. Within 10 minutes these people where completely buzzed off their heads. I did not feel comfortable with this, refused the offer of coke and just said I had to go. I have not seem my friend since. I don't like it, I think its a bad drug to get out of.

I went through a stage, lasting a bout 3 months a good few years ago where I was doing my fair share of pills with a group of people who were my friends but not true friends. One Fri, the day before my Birthday I went out with them, got loaded and then the next day was supposed to be out with my true friends, having a party at a pub they had organised for me. I was a bloody mess, no sleep, on a comedown, edgy, shaky and unable to get drunk enjoyably. Made the decision that day to not take them again, and apart from 2 lapses of judgement have stuck to it thank the Lord.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Pretty hypothetical as my views will never make it into law.

My death row would be as long as the Chinese, a few months at most.

what about the japs just never tell you for years and one day just open the door and go right come on mate.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Been in Brighton all my life, been to a lot of clubs over the last 30 years, predominantly for music, in fact only go for the live music, and have never been approached or offered drugs,:shrug:

Is it more a “dj” type Kevin & Perry clubs that they get offered in ?

Never seen them never touched them. Life give me a high, don’t need false stimulants :thumbsup:

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
I went through a stage, lasting a bout 3 months a good few years ago where I was doing my fair share of pills with a group of people who were my friends but not true friends. One Fri, the day before my Birthday I went out with them, got loaded and then the next day was supposed to be out with my true friends, having a party at a pub they had organised for me. I was a bloody mess, no sleep, on a comedown, edgy, shaky and unable to get drunk enjoyably. Made the decision that day to not take them again, and apart from 2 lapses of judgement have stuck to it thank the Lord.

I think there comes to a point with all drugs where your body and mind says enough is enough. I was the same. I would stay out all night, get back at 5am and not be able to sleep. I would stay up all next day finally coming down on Sunday evening and then waking up for work on Monday feeling like complete shit. It not good.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I think there comes to a point with all drugs where your body and mind says enough is enough. I was the same. I would stay out all night, get back at 5am and not be able to sleep. I would stay up all next day finally coming down on Sunday evening and then waking up for work on Monday feeling like complete shit. It not good.

Totally agree, it can get to the point when yuo can't bear the thought of an evening out without some form of stimulant asides booze. Like others, you just get bored and depressed by it all and if your luck you can stick with the decision to leave it well alone.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location

Fantastic attitude. I'm glad to hear that you don't want your children to take drugs (WOWSER), and I think they have the perfect role model in a violent neanderthal thug like you.

I salute you :thumbsup:

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
Fantastic attitude. I'm glad to hear that you don't want your children to take drugs (WOWSER), and I think they have the perfect role model in a violent neanderthal thug like you.

I salute you :thumbsup:

I agree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here