Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The Tories were elected a few months ago on a manifesto that included a commitment to hold a referendum. They have held the referendum and now they are going to deliver on the result of the referendum. It all seems very democratic to me, particularly when compared with Labour's manifesto commitment to hold a referendum that they dropped once they were elected.

Ah, but without the proviso the key players were going to run off and leave us all in the shit.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Don't know - but the amount of public fury over politicians overturning a democratic decision made by the people might just surprise a few of them.

I think as a country we are pretty lazy, the effort to vote again will prove to much for some.

That is both sides

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
annual EU immigration IS 0.5% of the population....

fixed for you so that everyone can understand and avoid further confusion.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Ah, but without the proviso the key players were going to run off and leave us all in the shit.

Why do you say that we have been left in the shit? May is now going to form a new cabinet and proceed with the exit from the EU.

Incidentally, the financial markets are SOARING again today as project fear turns into project KERCHING for people's pension pots, ISAs and other stock market investments.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Westminster voting intention (ICM / 08 - 10 Jul, chgs from 01-03/07):

CON: 38% (+1)
LAB: 30% (-)
UKIP: 15% (-)
LDEM: 8% (-)
GRN: 4% (-)

not that we are going to have or need to have a GE.

This is irrelevant. I'm not saying it because I want to get rid of the tories (much though I'd love to).

But voting intentions are irrelevant anyway as we don't know what the parties would be standing for.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Why do you say that we have been left in the shit? May is now going to form a new cabinet and proceed with the exit from the EU.

Incidentally, the financial markets are SOARING again today as project fear turns into project KERCHING for people's pension pots, ISAs and other stock market investments.

I fear you lot are going to have some very harsh lessons to learn. In the meantime perhaps learn how economics and financial markets operate. You'll realise your above post is so inaccurate it's tragically comical.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I fear you lot are going to have some very harsh lessons to learn. In the meantime perhaps learn how economics and financial markets operate. You'll realise your above post is so inaccurate it's tragically comical.

I know how my SIPP and my ISAs operate. I'm been managing them for the past 20 years. Project Fear was a big lie.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I did not vote for Gove, Farage, Johnson, Leadsom or any other leave campaigner. I voted to leave the failing EU. I expect the present government to carry out the wishes of myself and the 18million others who voted the same. If they do not carry out my wishes I will vote accordingly at the next election.
Simple really.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Good post

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
One could reason that with Britain's new found "freedom" and "return to democracy" Brexiteers would have been welcoming with open arms a chance to test out their beloved "democracy" with an election to determine who leads us into this shining new era. Or do they maybe realise they ballsed this up with stubbornness and reluctance to examine facts and possible outcomes and are now applying that same stubbornness to cover up the fact they have plunged this country into a lake of yellow dog shit.
Was plain to see that Labour had no chance in the last two elections. After Corbyn's lukewarm and pathetic performance in the run up to the EU referendum aided and abetted by his back up gang, they can not be trusted.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
no idea who this clown is but he has been mentioned twice now.
i understand he is an American

'no compelling argument for Brexit' eh
in that case ask him if he would be happy for USA to join The EU and hand over some law making powers to unelected officials in Brussels and also sign away supremacy of his supreme court.

let me know what he says

It would be more comparable to ask him if he thought Texas separating from the USA would be good for Texas.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Haha! Nice one.

If you can put your raw emotions aside for a few minutes (or a lot of minutes if you read the full report rather than just the executive summary) you should read this analysis of the likely impact of BREXIT, written before the vote. You can see that project fear was highly charged, emotional and not rooted in fact.
https://woodfordfunds.com/economic-impact-brexit-report/

Here is an extract from the executive summary to wet your appetite: -

Based on assessing the evidence, we conclude that:
–The more extreme claims made about the costs and benefits of Brexit for the British economy are wide of the mark and lacking in evidential bases
–It is plausible that Brexit could have a modest negative impact on growth and job creation. But it is slightly more plausible that the net impacts will be modestly positive. This is a strong conclusion when compared with some studies
–There are potential net benefits in the areas of a more tailored immigration policy, the freedom to make trade deals, moderately lower levels of regulation and savings to the public purse. In each of these areas, we do not believe that the benefits of Brexit would be huge, but they are likely to be positive
–Meanwhile, costs in terms of financial services, foreign direct investment and impacts on London property markets are more likely to be short-term and there are longer-term opportunities from Brexit even in these areas

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Was plain to see that Labour had no chance in the last two elections. After Corbyn's lukewarm and pathetic performance in the run up to the EU referendum aided and abetted by his back up gang, they can not be trusted.

not sure what your point is?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Clean Air?
The EU and it's disgraceful cave in to the German Car Lobby has resulted in us breathing in poisonous diesel fumes. The rest of the world was spending money on hybrid and electric whilst the Euro car industry was pumping us with dirty fumes.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

This is one of those awful times where the E.U. didn't let UK government have its way and legislated on a majority for actual testing of air quality and not just estimates based on manufacturers figures and how many VW's or Fiats are on the road.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here