Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Ah I see you are following the Soulman copy and paste tactic. The Fitch outlook further diwn the article makes interesting reading but that of course isn't allowed as its too negative and not being positive enough for your views.

:) I was going to copy and paste the WHOLE article but unlike some i like to just put a snippet up, it gives the chance for folks to either read the whole article or not.
I do hope this is acceptable to you though.

Brexit: Government rejects petition signed by 4.1 million calling for second EU referendum

‘We must now prepare for the process to exit the EU,' the Government says
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...s-eu-referendum-petition-latest-a7128306.html

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Ah I see you are following the Soulman copy and paste tactic. The Fitch outlook further diwn the article makes interesting reading but that of course isn't allowed as its too negative and not being positive enough for your views.

I was helpfully providing information from a reliable source (including the link) which showed the specific point nicko31 was worrying about (re servicing payment for our debt) is not currently a concern.

Where was all the moaning about copy pasting articles when Remain supporters do/did it? I seem to have read endless FT articles on these threads!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
:) I was going to copy and paste the WHOLE article but unlike some i like to just put a snippet up, it gives the chance for folks to either read the whole article or not.
I do hope this is acceptable to you though.

Brexit: Government rejects petition signed by 4.1 million calling for second EU referendum

‘We must now prepare for the process to exit the EU,' the Government says
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...s-eu-referendum-petition-latest-a7128306.html

Did you not receive the following email like I did then? :lolol:

The Government has responded to the petition you signed – “EU Referendum Rules triggering a 2nd EU Referendum”.

Government responded:

The European Union Referendum Act received Royal Assent in December 2015, receiving overwhelming support from Parliament. The Act did not set a threshold for the result or for minimum turnout.

The EU Referendum Act received Royal Assent in December 2015. The Act was scrutinised and debated in Parliament during its passage and agreed by both the House of Commons and the House of Lords. The Act set out the terms under which the referendum would take place, including provisions for setting the date, franchise and the question that would appear on the ballot paper. The Act did not set a threshold for the result or for minimum turnout.

As the Prime Minister made clear in his statement to the House of Commons on 27 June, the referendum was one of the biggest democratic exercises in British history with over 33 million people having their say. The Prime Minister and Government have been clear that this was a once in a generation vote and, as the Prime Minister has said, the decision must be respected. We must now prepare for the process to exit the EU and the Government is committed to ensuring the best possible outcome for the British people in the negotiations.

Foreign and Commonwealth Office

Click this link to view the response online:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215?reveal_response=yes

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Where was all the moaning about copy pasting articles when Remain supporters do/did it? I seem to have read endless FT articles on these threads!

Exactly, posters have been copying and pasting on every subject. How many times does Dave boringly ask for "links" to back up an opinion. In fact links are often demanded as proof.
Then we get the sad acts that diss the links as "Right wing" of course they would say that ...the Daily Fail etc......well correct me if i am wrong, who puts up links that they DON'T agree with. It stands to reason the sources put up will be ones that the poster agrees with.
So many desperate posters that try to shut down sources they do not like to see.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Seems a lot of posters on here did not get the E Mail, judging by the amount of posters bleating and expecting another referendum.

I didn't expect anything other than the email I got to result from the petition though.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sounds like we are on our way back to the 1970's at last.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Exactly, posters have been copying and pasting on every subject. How many times does Dave boringly ask for "links" to back up an opinion. In fact links are often demanded as proof.
Then we get the sad acts that diss the links as "Right wing" of course they would say that ...the Daily Fail etc......well correct me if i am wrong, who puts up links that they DON'T agree with. It stands to reason the sources put up will be ones that the poster agrees with.
So many desperate posters that try to shut down sources they do not like to see.

Yes, I will ask for a link, as you are known to be deceptive.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Always good to get advice from the nation that consistently supports the right of psychopaths with bad karma to walk around with assault weapons.

Just thought I'd report my experience. People would recognise the accent, bring up brexit and quite often joke about how it was their job to vote like idiots. I'm not saying they're right or wrong just that seems to be the prevailing view.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Dismissing everything just because it comes from a particular source is easier than addressing the particular points raised in the article especially if they undermine/refute a persons argument.

I have a tendency to do the same thing with any Guardian article but am trying to correct this lazy habit.

:D

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Just thought I'd report my experience. People would recognise the accent, bring up brexit and quite often joke about how it was their job to vote like idiots. I'm not saying they're right or wrong just that seems to be the prevailing view.

Not surprised seeing some of the cringe-worthy patronising coverage on the late night shows (some hosted by Brits) which reflect a rather particular democrat/liberal world view. I note the decision went down well on Fox News though ...

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
MP's to vote on Trident renewal on July 18 - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36754911

We are the 5th largest economy in the world, incredibly rich and very united as a country. Not only can we easily afford it, we all want and demand it, particularly the people of Scotland where it's based, who will always be part of The UK. Rule Britannia!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I know, I thought it would copy 'The Times' pro Remain agenda.
The Times was surprisingly even handed in its coverage for most of the campaign but did break cover near the end with an editorial beseeching " Brexit "
Has Mr Murdoch decided who he wants as PM yet as I have recently stopped buying The Times ....

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The Times was surprisingly even handed in its coverage for most of the campaign but did break cover near the end with an editorial beseeching " Brexit "
Has Mr Murdoch decided who he wants as PM yet as I have recently stopped buying The Times ....

May.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here