Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
it is negative outlook to overstate claims, such as a credit rating downgrade which was really a outlook downgrade, or preempt other negative economic indicators which may not be officially reported yet. especially by those that know the subtle difference. we are seeing people talk us into trouble, rather then offering reassurance, highlighting every negative to reinforce the pre-vote claims. so remain were right, rather than saying "see, told you so, we're all going to die", might be better to try to turn the ship around. seems many want to be seen to be right than ignore the predictions and get on with resolving the situation and maybe being remembered for being wrong. lack of leadership doesn't help matters, but current situation is summed up in todays Matt cartoon: " in efforts to calm market, the Governor of the BoE will issue a scream".

If you want the UK economy to grow and provide greater wealth, job security and support for those in need then a highly skilled, highly productive populace and working environment is needed.

The out vote has done nothing to address that issue.

Sent from your mum using Tapatalk

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
You can argue all you want but the three Tory leadership contenders have all stated that there is a clear mandate and that they will act on it.

If anyone thinks that referendum is a clear mandate to do anything they want to check themselves before this cuntry really ****s itself.

This country and it's pathetic value based economy has made property unaffordable to the masses. Rich overseas investors have raped the market and buy up commercial and residential buildings, solely for an over inflated postcode. These sharks can then borrow on these properties to feed their greed.
If they lose a few quid then I will still sleep well tonight.
The disgracefully low interest rates have enabled millions to over borrow on false equity.

Money has driven this Brexit decision and money is what is turning the remainers in to marie antoinette goaders.

Project smear is fully underway!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If you want the UK economy to grow and provide greater wealth, job security and support for those in need then a highly skilled, highly productive populace and working environment is needed.

The out vote has done nothing to address that issue.

agree the out vote has done nothing except made a mockery of the process and of those people that supported them on many grounds. however currently i see the remain group standing on the sidelines saying "told you so", when they could be showing a way forward. for how long do remain intend to wallow in self pity at the result?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
agree the out vote has done nothing except made a mockery of the process and of those people that supported them on many grounds. however currently i see the remain group standing on the sidelines saying "told you so", when they could be showing a way forward. for how long do remain intend to wallow in self pity at the result?

Is that not one of the main issues? why should the remianers have to show a way forward? is that not up to the Brexiters?

They voted/backed it without a plan.

CherryInHove

Apr 16, 2015

I think that most remain voters are showing what they think is the way forward and it basically involves not leaving the EU. I think that will be our focus until it is unavoidable.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Further alarm bells in Europe. This could be a biggie and could have a huge hit on the European economies. Deutsche Bank could possibly be on the verge of bankruptcy. Second biggest investment bank in the world, two chairmen resigning just a few weeks back, It's got a terrible D&B credit rating and it's got exposure on the derivatives market of 55 trillion EUR.

That's 55 TRILLION Euros.

http://independenttrader.org/deutsche-bank-on-the-brink-of-bankruptcy.html

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
This country and it's pathetic value based economy has made property unaffordable to the masses. Rich overseas investors have raped the market and buy up commercial and residential buildings, solely for an over inflated postcode. These sharks can then borrow on these properties to feed their greed.
The disgracefully low interest rates have enabled millions to over borrow on false equity.

Money has driven this Brexit decision and money is what is turning the remainers in to marie antoinette goaders.

Oh mate, none of the issues you highlight are a result of E.U. membership. They will be damaged by leaving, but these are issues that will return, it is exactly the sort of economy the most prominent leavers are chasing more of.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

You have literally no concept of the gravity of the situation do you. None.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Well, those aren't EU generated problems and you can bet your worthless pound that this will increase as the pound plummets and we need any foreign investment we can get.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

Wowza, we had a plan and that was to stay in the EU. It seems the brexiters plan is to resign once you have won. Top plan.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

What's worse the remainers saying told you or so, or the leavers lack of any plan? That lack of plan could well see the only way forward is a way back...

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Further alarm bells in Europe. This could be a biggie and could have a huge hit on the European economies. Deutsche Bank could possibly be on the verge of bankruptcy. Second biggest investment bank in the world, two chairmen resigning just a few weeks back, It's got a terrible D&B credit rating and it's got exposure on the derivatives market of 55 trillion EUR.

That was last year. The german's arent going to let their biggest bank go bankrupt.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Wowza, we had a plan and that was to stay in the EU. It seems the brexiters plan is to resign once you have won. Top plan.

I do feel a lot of responsibility for this falls on the Government and David Cameron. Surely if you are the government in power and you call a referendum, you have a responsibility to deal with the outcome of that referendum regardless of the result or what you believe in - because you called the friggin' referendum!!

I don't blame Farage, he isn't even an MP, but how did a government approach a crucial vote without a plan for both outcomes? It absolutely beggars belief.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I do feel a lot of responsibility for this falls on the Government and David Cameron. Surely if you are the government in power and you call a referendum, you have a responsibility to deal with the outcome of that referendum regardless of the result or what you believe in - because you called the friggin' referendum!!

I don't blame Farage, he isn't even an MP, but how did a government approach a crucial vote without a plan for both outcomes? It absolutely beggars belief.

Exactly.

The responsibility is to not hold a ****ing referendum for something so important in order to appease the likes of Farage and the Torty hard right. The responsibility is to make that call as the PM and deal with the outcome, even if it means your party splitting in two. Cameron is almost entirely at fault for this.

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
Well, those aren't EU generated problems and you can bet your worthless pound that this will increase as the pound plummets and we need any foreign investment we can get.
Thats the point isn't it? Lower pound means greater 'bargains' for the super rich, we need to tackle our housing market being used for money laundering. Thats nothing to do with the EU and theres been no effort from our government to do that. One suspects that there are too many connections at higher levels for there to be any real will to prevent it.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

I agree with your point on actually calling the referendum. I hate referendums, we have elected officials to make these decisions for us. Cameron has no chance to carry on once he had lost the referendum his position was untenable. Perhaps his greatest act was to resign and scupper Boris and leave the article 50 issue to someone else. Everywhere we look the rats are leaving the sinking ship. Theresa May will have one hell of job on her hands.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Thats the point isn't it? Lower pound means greater 'bargains' for the super rich, we need to tackle our housing market being used for money laundering. Thats nothing to do with the EU and theres been no effort from our government to do that. One suspects that there are too many connections at higher levels for there to be any real will to prevent it.

Quite. Most top politicians hold significant property portfolios. If any old Tom, Dick or Harry could afford a property theirs would go down in value.
Besides it's Saudi's that are buying up most of London, not Monsieur et Madame Garlicke looking for a quiet retirement bungalow on the 30th floor of the ****ing Shard.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Explains why they haven't paid me :tantrum:

I will have to send some of our top boys (@ pretty pink fairy and Guppy) around to 'collect' using the usual means.

BBC saying Deutsche is the world's most dangerous bank only an hour ago

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36723034

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

We are where we are so agree need to move forward. However the current leadership fight to be PM has the Brexit camp saying our next leader should be one of them. Surely this is saying they don't want remain supporters to get involved. You can't be a diner if you are not offered a seat at the table.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here