Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Best hope no one is going to a US currency country in the next few days!

and 1.15 against the Euro.

The only winners here are exporters of goods from the UK.

In the next few weeks everyone will see;

1) Increase in petrol to around £1.20, and may go even higher
2) Increase in food prices (40% of our food is imported)

The next big thing to happen, with trading on the 3 big property funds halted, is that the London commercial property economoy will crash. A large number of current building schemes will pause, or stop altogether, and start putting people out of work.

When London starts to crumble, the rest of the nation will follow.

http://www.citymetric.com/politics/...evenue-entire-northern-powerhouse-region-1235

You poor delusional brexiteers. I applaud you for your stupidity.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
And be finally signed off on the nod by an unelected nonagenarian who's separately and constitutionally also the head of state of Scotland. A deliberate, divisive and gutless crock of faecal excreta from the party of one nation and union.

It's great that we've taken back control isn't it?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
If you were a MP and had a vote on how the people voted in the referendum would you

A/ Vote supporting the majority will of the people to Leave The EU
or
B/ Vote against the majority will of the people to Leave The EU

I'd ask for a bit more detail and clarity than that before voting on anything. But if I was Peter Kyle (my MP) I'd vote to remain because that's what the majority of my constituents wanted and I represent them. If I was MP for a Leave area I'd vote to leave. That's how democracy works.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'd ask for a bit more detail and clarity than that before voting on anything. But if I was Peter Kyle (my MP) I'd vote to remain because that's what the majority of my constituents wanted and I represent them. If I was MP for a Leave area I'd vote to leave. That's how democracy works.

It's clear that nothing is clear from this process.

Whatever anyone says about what was campaigned on, there were no manifestos, no promises, no offered policies. Forget immigration, sovereignty, or whatever else, the referendum asked 1 single question, to remain or leave the EU. Everything else is up for grabs. Peter Kyle, Simon Kirby and Caroline Lucas in their marginal seats would be committing political suicide if they don't vote remain when as you say, their constituents overwhelming voted for remain.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

The next big thing to happen, with trading on the 3 big property funds halted, is that the London commercial property economoy will crash. A large number of current building schemes will pause, or stop altogether, and start putting people out of work.

http://www.citymetric.com/politics/...evenue-entire-northern-powerhouse-region-1235

It was tough to get the Remain argument across - it's not easy basically saying "Vote Remain - things will carry on as before". The Leave campaign had an advantage in that they could point to a whole load of things which might change (exporting more to China, freedom from EU "red tape", etc, etc). However, now that we are facing Brexit, with all the VERY nasty economic downsides, the "Remain" camp has the opportunity to paint a picture of how much rosier life will be if we stay inside the EU:

- More jobs
- Freedom to live and work where you want
- Higher pensions
- Cheaper holidays
- More money to spend on the NHS, schools, etc.

As things get steadily worse in the run up to triggering Article 50, the attractiveness of economic security within the EU will grow. It may not be enough to convince arch-Brexiteers, but I'm sure there will be many who voted Leave who will be thoroughly regretting their decision.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
It's clear that nothing is clear from this process.

Whatever anyone says about what was campaigned on, there were no manifestos, no promises, no offered policies. Forget immigration, sovereignty, or whatever else, the referendum asked 1 single question, to remain or leave the EU. Everything else is up for grabs. Peter Kyle, Simon Kirby and Caroline Lucas in their marginal seats would be committing political suicide if they don't vote remain when as you say, their constituents overwhelming voted for remain.

Plus my irony detector would actually explode if a decision to give back more democracy and avoid rubber stamping was actually rubber stamped.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

This is a reasonable summary of my view.

Not a shred of anything positive identified yet that is actually real.

Respected Tory grandee Ken Clarke has now been caught on camera describing people who see economic prosperity outside EU as "lunatics".

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This is a reasonable summary of my view.

Not a shred of anything positive identified yet that is actually real.

Respected Tory grandee Ken Clarke has now been caught on camera describing people who see economic prosperity outside EU as "lunatics".

Meanwhile, believers in leaving are resorting to quoting the Daily Express...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
It was tough to get the Remain argument across - it's not easy basically saying "Vote Remain - things will carry on as before". The Leave campaign had an advantage in that they could point to a whole load of things which might change (exporting more to China, freedom from EU "red tape", etc, etc). However, now that we are facing Brexit, with all the VERY nasty economic downsides, the "Remain" camp has the opportunity to paint a picture of how much rosier life will be if we stay inside the EU:

- More jobs
- Freedom to live and work where you want
- Higher pensions
- Cheaper holidays
- More money to spend on the NHS, schools, etc.

As things get steadily worse in the run up to triggering Article 50, the attractiveness of economic security within the EU will grow. It may not be enough to convince arch-Brexiteers, but I'm sure there will be many who voted Leave who will be thoroughly regretting their decision.
Agree with this too. It will be amazing if this complete madness on the back of an obvious "protest vote" actually goes ahead.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton

No it wouldn’t. More loons like her equals more danger.
She is simply spouting clueless bed wetting nonsense.
No sane person believes (like you and her) that the referendum result was a victory for hate or we have witnessed the stirrings of fascism in Britain or that old people don’t have a future in this country.
This sort of wet blanketry should be discouraged along with the Soylent Green group think.
I hope she is never allowed to play with matches.

You can see why it could be classed as a victory of hate. Since Brexit racism crime has risen 400%. I'd class a vote for brexit as little Englanders wanting to regain their borders and stop foreigners, "leaving more jobs for the english". That's hardly a love thy neighbor attitude

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
You can see why it could be classed as a victory of hate. Since Brexit racism crime has risen 400%. I'd class a vote for brexit as little Englanders wanting to regain their borders and stop foreigners, "leaving more jobs for the english". That's hardly a love thy neighbor attitude

And the worst thing is the little Englanders don't want the jobs that the "foreigners" are doing. Oh, and there are some jobs that we simply don't have people to do. But don't worry, we'll be fine. Doris from Dorset, has suggested she could drag her arse out of retirement and do some dusting.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...ldwide-hunt-for-trade-negotiators-experts-wa/

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here