Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No, you will find they didn't, and they can't under law. Just stating the facts

Just stating what you'd like, actually. I refer you to the statements made by CMD before the referendum. Parliament's decision (and they do have the right to decide policy) in this case was not to make a decision themselves, but to consult the people. We have decided.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Really? 48% voted to keep the status quo, at least 3% or 4% of the leave voters must have been not bothered by immigration, so I would argue that there is no clear mandate to end free movement of people in Europe.
The earth is flat too ... ... ...

Keep a grip on those straws!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Just stating what you'd like, actually. I refer you to the statements made by CMD before the referendum. Parliament's decision (and they do have the right to decide policy) in this case was not to make a decision themselves, but to consult the people. We have decided.

No, they still have to make the decision. We didnt make it

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
It stinks.

BRUSSELS OUTRAGE: Juncker lackey lobbies MPs demanding they use parliament to BLOCK Brexit
A BRUSSELS lackey working under Jean-Claude Juncker has hatched a plot to keep Britain in the European Union by actively lobbying British MPs and demanding that they use parliament to block Brexit.
In an affront to democracy a bureaucrat at the EU Commission is sending out letters to UK politicians ordering them to vote against leaving the European Union.
The astonishingly patronising letter says Britons did not really want to quit the Brussels club and points out the referendum result is "not legally binding".
The jaw-dropping letter was revealed by a furious Tory MP, who described the naked attempt to interfere in Britain's democracy as "breathtaking".
http://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...-Commission-urges-MPs-block-Brexit-parliament

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It stinks.

BRUSSELS OUTRAGE: Juncker lackey lobbies MPs demanding they use parliament to BLOCK Brexit
A BRUSSELS lackey working under Jean-Claude Juncker has hatched a plot to keep Britain in the European Union by actively lobbying British MPs and demanding that they use parliament to block Brexit.
In an affront to democracy a bureaucrat at the EU Commission is sending out letters to UK politicians ordering them to vote against leaving the European Union.
The astonishingly patronising letter says Britons did not really want to quit the Brussels club and points out the referendum result is "not legally binding".
The jaw-dropping letter was revealed by a furious Tory MP, who described the naked attempt to interfere in Britain's democracy as "breathtaking".
http://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...-Commission-urges-MPs-block-Brexit-parliament

Just what you'd expect from the EU (and from the remainers that are so far up Brussels' a**e that they can't see clearly).

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
This stinks as well.

Germany's finance minister has said he issued a warning against Brexit during the referendum campaign at the request of Chancellor George Osborne.
Wolfgang Schaeuble intervened in the referendum campaign with a warning on June 10 that Britain would not have full access to the single market after withdrawal from the EU, saying: "In is In. Out is Out."
Now, he has claims he was asked to give out that message ahead of the June 23 referendum.
Mr Schaeuble said: "I used this expression at the express request of the British finance minister.
"George Osborne asked me to come to London to strengthen the Remain campaign and to demonstrate that Brexit would be an irreversible step. Every voter had to know that only members of the club have a say in its rules. That's why I said this phrase."

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

trouble is they made the outcome non-binding, and with no affirmative cause of action in the event of a Leave or Remain. so they did only consult us and as with any consultantion there can be a second opinion. we've been sold a pup and wasted alot of time, effort and money.

on the other hand, those saying EU and inparticular Germany wont or cant give us an acceptable deal, i can think of 8.5 billion reasons why they might want to make a deal that addresses some of the major UK concerns while keeping us in the club, paying our fees.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
i award you Master Of Clutching At Straws

View attachment 76353

OK, but when the choice comes down to being able to maintain the £20Billion financial services business we do in E.U., or have it vanish, I bet you will see something along the lines of what I posted previously trotted out by someone or other on the negotiating team.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Especially as the 2nd referendum online request was created by a Brexiteer a day or two before the vote, who raised it thinking they were going to lose.

surely the basic info on this petition would tell you this isnt true and that the petition was started a month before the referendum vote and not one or two days.

Not really important anyway,if you sign the petition because you think you are going to lose or sign it because you have lost it makes you a dickhead.

If you sign a a petition asking for a rule to be implemented before the referendum that’s open for six months, a month before the event hoping to change the rules you are a bit daft for leaving it so late.
If you see a petition asking for a rule to be implemented before the referendum but sign it after the event you are barking potty and desperate.

The vote was to Leave,its very easy to understand.
No amount of whinging is going to change it.
The question of a second referendum is even simpler to answer,it’s a ludicrous suggestion.

Will you hold a referendum on Britain's exit deal from the EU?

Theresa May

“No – Brexit means Brexit. The campaign was fought, the vote was held, turnout was high, and the public gave their verdict. There must be no attempts to remain inside the EU, no attempts to rejoin it through the back door, and no second referendum.”

Andrea Leadsom

“No referendum on Britain’s exit deal. You ask the people for their views. The people have been very clear in their instructions and we now need to act on them. This isn’t best of three.”

Michael Gove

“No. The British public voted decisively to leave the European Union and their vote is an instruction which must be respected and delivered.”

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It stinks.

Just what you'd expect from the EU (and from the remainers that are so far up Brussels' a**e that they can't see clearly).

Typical Express paranoia more like. The Referendum WAS unbinding. Always was. Always will be. You just didn't bother checking that out before you voted. Brussels mandarins can write what they like to who they like. It's a free world. I thought that's what you wanted? Nevertheless, if I was an MP of any colour, of Leave or Remain, I'd be putting it straight in to my junk mail bin, the same as I do with the unsolicited rubbish that I actually receive as part of my job and daily life. I wouldn't worry though as.....

surely the basic info on this petition would tell you this isnt true and that the petition was started a month before the referendum vote and not one or two days.

Not really important anyway,if you sign the petition because you think you are going to lose or sign it because you have lost it makes you a dickhead.

If you sign a a petition asking for a rule to be implemented before the referendum that’s open for six months, a month before the event hoping to change the rules you are a bit daft for leaving it so late.
If you see a petition asking for a rule to be implemented before the referendum but sign it after the event you are barking potty and desperate.

The question of a second referendum is even simpler to answer,it’s a ludicrous suggestion.

Theresa May

“No – Brexit means Brexit. The campaign was fought, the vote was held, turnout was high, and the public gave their verdict. There must be no attempts to remain inside the EU, no attempts to rejoin it through the back door, and no second referendum.”

Andrea Leadsom

“No referendum on Britain’s exit deal. You ask the people for their views. The people have been very clear in their instructions and we now need to act on them. This isn’t best of three.”

Michael Gove

“No. The British public voted decisively to leave the European Union and their vote is an instruction which must be respected and delivered.”

There you go. The result of a non binding referendum will be stuck to by a non-elected Prime Minister and rubber stamped by an non-elected upper house so you're ok.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Typical Express paranoia more like. The Referendum WAS unbinding. Always was. Always will be. You just didn't bother checking that out before you voted. Brussels mandarins can write what they like to who they like. It's a free world. I thought that's what you wanted? Nevertheless, if I was an MP of any colour, of Leave or Remain, I'd be putting it straight in to my junk mail bin, the same as I do with the unsolicited rubbish that I actually receive as part of my job and daily life. I wouldn't worry though as.....

There you go. The result of a non binding referendum will be stuck to by a non-elected Prime Minister and rubber stamped by an non-elected upper house so you're ok.

If you were a MP and had a vote on how the people voted in the referendum would you

A/ Vote supporting the majority will of the people to Leave The EU
or
B/ Vote against the majority will of the people to Leave The EU

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

Theresa May

Andrea Leadsom

Michael Gove

Ok, not one or two days. Sorry that inspired you to waste your time writing that load of drivel.
It was raised by William Oliver Healey, an activist for the English Democrats, which, as you know, was the POINT of my post, and THAT is what is funny. Thanks for almost boring me to death reading your response.
Incidentally, I have not signed it. Most havnt. However, that does give boring wankers the opportunity to drone on about it.

Last edited:

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
It stinks.

It seems it's not just the Remainers wetting themselves over the fact we are leaving

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Ok, not one or two days. Sorry that inspired you to waste your time writing that load of drivel.
It was raised by William Oliver Healey, an activist for the English Democrats, which, as you know, was the POINT of my post, and THAT is what is funny. Thanks for almost boring me to death reading your response.
Incidentally, I have not signed it. Most havnt. However, that does give boring wankers the opportunity to drone on about it.

Bored to death and forced to read all my drivel before you replied.
Thanks for paying attention dave

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Bored to death and forced to read all my drivel before you replied.
Thanks for paying attention dave

Trust me. I didnt read all of it...
All it showed me was that your a boring ****, who had no clue what people were talking about at the point of my post.
Maybe you should read a bit more before you start dribbling, in your usual, boring fashion.

And be finally signed off on the nod by an unelected nonagenarian who's separately and constitutionally also the head of state of Scotland. A deliberate, divisive and gutless crock of faecal excreta from the party of one nation and union.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here