Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Regardless of what the INNER scaremongers say I'm not convinced much would happen to trade between us and the EU.............sorry, Germany and France.

The focus seems to be on the effect of our ecomomy but what about the EU? They would have lost a major player, a major economy, they will lose a huge amount of subsidy and have to pay us a shit load back.

France and Germany and couple of the others will have to stump up that loss every year to fill the void.

Doesn't sound to me like an EU who can posture and dictate trade terms to us.

Far from it.

Exactly where do you get your information from? Why on earth would the EU have to pay back a shit load of money?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I know, the other poster I multiquoted you with used the term 'dickhead' to describe those wanting to join the EU now.

I also have come to the conclusion that I have more confidence in the UK to change the EU for the better from the inside than others do.

Out of interest what do you base that confidence on?

I can't think of one example of our influence being a decisive factor that has steered the EU in a direction it wouldn't otherwise have taken.

I can however remember numerous Uk government's trumpeting opt outs/rebates as the EU continually heads towards ever closer Union.

I also seem to remember Cameron coming back with very little after his recent negotiation, certainly not the substantial reforms/change he promised despite of course having the strongest negotiating position possible.

Why would any of this change if we vote to stay in?

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
I know, the other poster I multiquoted you with used the term 'dickhead' to describe those wanting to join the EU now.

I also have come to the conclusion that I have more confidence in the UK to change the EU for the better from the inside than others do.

Your conclusion would have greater credibility if you supported the UK joining the Euro. The hard facts are that until we do we will be outside the tent pissing in.

If you don't want to join the euro then there will be 20 plus states in the tent pissing out.

So, should we join euro?

Personally, I would rather have nothing to do with a tent soaked in piss.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Personally, I would rather have nothing to do with a tent soaked in piss.

But what exactly does this mean?

Surely it's overwhelmingly likely that we'd strike a trade deal that meant we'd still be part of the single market even if we weren't in the EU? If so, you're still getting a lot of that piss over yourself, the problem is you have even less say - ie absolutely none - over the rules that govern that market. Think Norway & Switzerland - both are part of the Single Market, and as a result have to abide by a load of EU rules that they can't vote on.

Of course the alternative is to not join the Single Market... but nobody is advocating that, are they? I think even the most vocal Leave campaigners admit that would be a disaster.

That "piss tent" is going be a big part of our lives whatever happens.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
whereas of the bigger, original members such as Spain, Portugal, Greece and the UK, there is a movement in all those countries (and more for all I know) to leave the EU.

Not one of those countries is an original member

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
But what exactly does this mean?

Surely it's overwhelmingly likely that we'd strike a trade deal that meant we'd still be part of the single market even if we weren't in the EU? If so, you're still getting a lot of that piss over yourself, the problem is you have even less say - ie absolutely none - over the rules that govern that market. Think Norway & Switzerland - both are part of the Single Market, and as a result have to abide by a load of EU rules that they can't vote on.

Of course the alternative is to not join the Single Market... but nobody is advocating that, are they? I think even the most vocal Leave campaigners admit that would be a disaster.

That "piss tent" is going be a big part of our lives whatever happens.

I don't disagree that in accessing the single market you would have to deal with the EU rules, but that applies to all global markets and is just a fact of life. Plenty of countries around the world access the EU without being covered in piss, and by that I mean the payment of millions of pounds to be a member and acceptance of conditions like free movement of labour.

It will be the Eurozone countries that will be integrating to save the euro, and what they want will override the interests of non euro zone members, this is not fantasy it's hard headed reality and to that extent Cameron was right to seek a settlement. But what he got is taken in trust and as we now know he is a liar.

So, those businesses that want to access the single market will have to deal with the piss tent, but no more than if they want to export anywhere else.

Those who don't export or have anything to do with the EU and that includes the post Brexit British taxpayers will end up smelling all lovely and talcy; those that do export will still have some piss stink.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Come on Albion!

We can beat Fulham.

Just a bit of relief for the posters in this thread.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Looks like mummy's taken the i-phone back again.On a lighter note,the Leave campaign has had a huge boost with Ken Livingstone announcing he will emigrate if Brexit happens.If he could talk Cameroon and Osbo into going with him,the vote for out would be massive!

Albion to win 2-0 tonight

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
If you believe anything written in the Grauniad,can I borrow £50 please?

D

Deleted member 22389

Looks like mortgages rates could go up if we Brexit. It's fine for the retired who may have paid off their mortgages but for families and young couples it just adds pressure and the feeling of instability. It's predictions like this if it hits the wallet will concentrate minds to whether Brexit is worth it...

http://www.theguardian.com/business...orne-says-brexit-will-drive-up-interest-rates

Interest rates will go up anyway at sometime, even if we remain. This article is more scaremongering brexit bullshit I'm afraid.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Alistar Darling says leaving the EU will cost us 100 billion.Now if that isn't scare mongering then I don't know what is.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ed-charging-for-nhs-and-cutting-a6986631.html

Brexiter leaders want to make us all PAY for the NHS and make huge cuts. Problem is, by the time Cameron and Osborne have destroyed it no-one will want to pay for it / won't be anything left anyway.

This is the sort of exploitation by the hard right that has turned me off the OUT campaign.

You previously claimed your sudden change of heart was down to listening to the oh so convincing arguments :lolol: of St JC the patron Saint of Terrorist apologists.

So you really care about the NHS?

TTIP deal poses 'real and serious risk' to NHS, says leading QC
Unite union set to present law expert’s advice to government, who they believe have kept Britain in the dark over deal’s potential impact on health service

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/feb/22/ttip-deal-real-serious-risk-nhs-leading-qc

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-why-the-answer-should-scare-you-9779688.html

Only one way to stop TTIP impacting the NHS in this country ....

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Can't seem to link tweets but this is good.

https://twitter.com/paddyashdown/status/721237505836756992

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here