Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
some FACTS for those that might be still undecided
its an astonishing amount of money,who do you want spending OUR money?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It's still only April and the increase n migrants making the sea crossing is up by 170%. Last week the uk coastguard fished two inanians in a novelty rubber dinghy out of the channel off Dover. Come June I anticipate utter bedlam which will increase the likelihood of an "out" vote.

Whether or not the UK stays the EU is beginning to unravel.

HMRC will ,after refusing initially to release the data, now release the statistics concerning national insurance numbers
800,000 EU immigrants have settled to work in the UK in the last four years according to gov surveys yet 2,000,000 (2 fracking million) EU migrants have been given NI numbers over the same period.
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...evealed-eu-referendum-hmrc-national-insurance

I wonder how this will pan out and if immigration numbers have been deliberately manipulated……they cant have been lying on such a huge scale ……can they?

the in campaign has only one thing they can talk about,the economy...............yet every passing day now this message simply unravels as simply non fact and only presumptions from the same people that said we should join the euro and the very same institutions that couldnt foresee the slap in the face collapse of the sub prime market even though others warned them

without the economy they have nothing

D

Deleted member 22389

Obama wants to make sure Europe continues to be economically stable and that the UK will not lose out.

Yes so he can push TTIP most probably. Would the Americans like their laws passed in Rio De Jeneiro? Wonder what the Americans would say if the EU said to them, you can only trade with us if you open your borders to all Europeans? They would rightly tell them to FO, so why do we put up with it? Open borders are bullshit otherwise they should apply to everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
some FACTS for those that might be still undecided
its an astonishing amount of money,who do you want spending OUR money?

They only stated one "FACT" (£350m per week to the EU) which has been comprehensively debunked time and again (not that it stops you from using it, of course). Everything else was either based on that "FACT" or was a "we could".

D

Deleted member 22389

They only stated one "FACT" (£350m per week to the EU) which has been comprehensively debunked time and again (not that it stops you from using it, of course). Everything else was either based on that "FACT" or was a "we could".

Still, enough money goes to EU we could build hospitals, schools with it. Why put up with it?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

this is a FACT how much we put on the paying in slip,it hasnt been debunked at all
its a FACT how this money could be spent elsewhere

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Obama wants to make sure Europe continues to be economically stable and that the UK will not lose out.

Naive to say the least ! No, Obama wants to ensue the UK stays in the EU so that we are part of TTIP and thus giving the USA direct access to the UK market.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

the beauty of your argument is you say the figure of 350 million is wrong and you will turn round and say its only 200 million or some other nonsense as though this figure you have arrived at is a good thing

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
CRICKET legend Sir Ian Botham has called on Britain to "stand proud" by voting to leave the European Union – branding the 28-member bloc "a racket".
He added: "It is time to reclaim our basic sovereignty, the power to decide for ourselves.

"This proud trading nation must take back control from the bureaucrats in Brussels and make our way in the world once again, with confidence.

"That is why I am going to vote 'leave'."

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/661736/Sir-Ian-Botham-cricket-European-Union-EU-referendum

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
bdmcyg.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Still, enough money goes to EU we could build hospitals, schools with it. Why put up with it?

It doesn't go on hospitals and schools now, why do you think it will in the future? It will simply line Tory mate's pockets even further.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
this is a FACT how much we put on the paying in slip,it hasnt been debunked at all

A lie by omission then, but still al lie. They handily "forgot" to draw a line from the EU back to the UK, which receives £32bn of money from the EU every year.

its a FACT how this money could be spent elsewhere

FACT ... could. Means nothing whatsoever. It's as much a FACT that the money could be used to reduce the tax burden on that 1%, or could be used to fund cocaine parties for the cabinet, or...

When the vote leave campaign show realistic costs for leaving the EU, including loss of trade whilst renegotiating the FTAs that exist between the EU and current partners and ongoing costs as a result of those negotiations, shows how much of that money will be left over, and pledges unanimously to spend it on a particular area I'll listen.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
When the vote leave campaign show realistic costs for leaving the EU, including loss of trade

We are constantly being told (duped) that there will be a "loss of trade", where is the proof apart from those that want us to stay in because it is beneficial to them. No real proof just assumption. Who knows when the shackles are taken off our trade could could do very nicely.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
It doesn't go on hospitals and schools now, why do you think it will in the future? It will simply line Tory mate's pockets even further.

So what are you prepared to do about it, voting to remain will only increase the capitalist free for all that you so often rail against?

Any institution that is secretly creating trade deals like TTIP are the enemy of the workers (and democracy) it is refreshing to see that many of your German compatriots understand this dynamic and are prepared to get out on the streets to protest. Little Deutchslanders as you would refer to them I suspect.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...rade-deal-rally-hundreds-thousands-protesters

In this country of course the political classes across the political divide are prepared to conspire to hide the truth from workers and voters........and the f@ckers have been doing this on EU matters for years.

The delicious irony about this debate of course is how those who consider themselves politically radical about Toryism when presented with the opportunity to be radical, and serve up a punch in the face to the Tory establishment that is setting up to screw people over with outrageous agreements like TTIP meekly follow the Tory establishment line..........Wat Tyler must be spinning like a top.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
What's the key issue for everyone? Immigration? The economy? The undemocratic nature of the EU?

The in campaign seems to focus solely on the economy, but for me there are other major concerns. What I hate about the EU is the undemocratic nature, with an elite that are more out of touch than even our own politicians; which is saying something!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What's the key issue for everyone? Immigration? The economy? The undemocratic nature of the EU?

The in campaign seems to focus solely on the economy, but for me there are other major concerns. What I hate about the EU is the undemocratic nature, with an elite that are more out of touch than even our own politicians; which is saying something!

Why in your view is the EU undemocratic?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

For me it's about cooperation, the economy, worker's rights, consumer rights.....probably in this order.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
For me it's about cooperation, the economy, worker's rights, consumer rights.....probably in this order.

and lining the pockets of the EU's mates, thats got to be important. spending €145bn on administration is pretty impressive when you think thats on top off all the costs each EU member already spends actually providing services and running their countries.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here