Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
Regardless of what the INNER scaremongers say I'm not convinced much would happen to trade between us and the EU.............sorry, Germany and France.

The focus seems to be on the effect of our ecomomy but what about the EU? They would have lost a major player, a major economy, they will lose a huge amount of subsidy and have to pay us a shit load back.

France and Germany and couple of the others will have to stump up that loss every year to fill the void.

Doesn't sound to me like an EU who can posture and dictate trade terms to us.

Far from it.

EXACTLY , some people on here need to give their heads a wobble
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
If you took Britain, Germany and France out of the EU what great market would you have left?

Del Trotters suitcase, thats what.

that's why the Baltic states and the likes of Romania and Bulgaria couldn't wait to START CREAMING OF OUR 55 million a day input AND A FREE INVITATION TO "POP OVER", how many more bailouts are there going to be in the future? all at a cost to the British tax payer?
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
There could also be a prospect if wages drop and working conditions worsen that people will leave this country, not just the immigrants who moved here but also indigenous citizens could leave. A brain-drain would be the last thing an England/Wales/N. Ireland economy would need when Scotland goes too. A Boris Johnson government on its last legs may have to relax immigration and border controls further. I doubt the Outers would like that.
you utter fool, loads have left already because of the state this country has fallen into :dunce:
regards
DR

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
The every day voter in Europe has had enough, they want their sovereignty back.

They don't need to. The tinpot economies are desperate to stay in, its their cash cow. Those who are already broke cant do anything, like Greece. They're stuck there forever.

Make up your mind...

If we leave and get a cosy deal, then those same voters you refer to will demand to leave to. It could be French voters, Italian, Spanish, who knows. Wherever it happens, if there is sufficient public demand for a referendum they'll eventually get one, either by forcing their current governments' hands or by electing people who will.

The current EU (yes, led by Germany & France) will want to stop any chance of that happening - and so will give us nothing so they can show their own electorates that they're better staying in.

D

Deleted member 22389

They don't need to. The tinpot economies are desperate to stay in, its their cash cow. Those who are already broke cant do anything, like Greece. They're stuck there forever.

I think it's sad how countries like Italy who used to flourish before the Euro, have ended up in Brussels pocket, and have no way of ever getting out like Greece. Having relations in Southern Italy I do remember what a good standard of living they used to have before the Euro, I bet it's absolutely awful now. My mum was on the phone to my cousin a few months back discussing what's things are like, he told her they where about to eat the plaster off the walls. Normal Italians are absolutely powerless to do anything. People only look at the EU through UK eyes and really have absolutely no idea what a mess some of these other countries are in.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Make up your mind...

If we leave and get a cosy deal, then those same voters you refer to will demand to leave to. It could be French voters, Italian, Spanish, who knows. Wherever it happens, if there is sufficient public demand for a referendum they'll eventually get one, either by forcing their current governments' hands or by electing people who will.

The current EU (yes, led by Germany & France) will want to stop any chance of that happening - and so will give us nothing so they can show their own electorates that they're better staying in.

Sorry, I was talking about the ones who pay for most of it, and in the second one those who don't but get a great deal out of it.

As for the rest, thats just your guess work and opinion that the EU with out us will stay strong and become mighty and powerful.

It wont. Its just lost a huge chunk of its money.

Its not about cosy deals, its about sensible deals. Like I said, if it were Germany leaving do you really think us and France and the tinpots would be looking to screw Germany on trade, spiting ourselves at the same time?

No. Who would even want that on either side.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I think it's sad how countries like Italy who used to flourish before the Euro, have ended up in Brussels pocket, and have no way of ever getting out like Greece. Having relations in Southern Italy I do remember what a good standard of living they used to have before the Euro, I bet it's absolutely awful now. My mum was on the phone to my cousin a few months back discussing what's things are like, he told her they where about to eat the plaster off the walls. Normal Italians are absolutely powerless to do anything. People only look at the EU through UK eyes and really have absolutely no idea what a mess some of these other countries are in.

Correct, they are clueless and need to open their eyes.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
that's why the Baltic states and the likes of Romania and Bulgaria couldn't wait to START CREAMING OF OUR 55 million a day input AND A FREE INVITATION TO "POP OVER", how many more bailouts are there going to be in the future? all at a cost to the British tax payer?
regards
DR

DAS REICH Fact Checker: Net contribution per day is £23 million pounds and not £55 million. Of that net contribution money is also channeled back into the UK. The reference to bailouts may refer to the Greek economy. In July 2015 a legally binding agreement was put in place to protect UK taxpayers from the bailout of the Greek economy.

VERDICT: Das Reich is deliberately making false claims to enhance his opinions. Treat this post with caution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 30, 2008
DAS REICH Fact Checker: Net contribution per day is £23 million pounds and not £55 million. Of that net contribution money is also channeled back into the UK. The reference to bailouts may refer to the Greek economy. In July 2015 a legally binding agreement was put in place to protect UK taxpayers from the bailout of the Greek economy.

VERDICT: Das Reich is deliberately making false claims to enhance his opinions. Treat this post with caution.

ditto :rolleyes: so 23 MILLION IS ACCEPTABLE ??? WONT JUST BE GREECE HAVING A BAIL OUT WILL IT
regards
DR

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
'Their'

Come on!

Grammar police.

Oops, edited.............:whistle:

That's rush typing for you. :)

Think I'll crack a pre game beer and just sit and watch for a bit.

Last edited:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
you utter fool, loads have left already because of the state this country has fallen into :dunce:
regards
DR

Lots of junior doctors are about to leave because of a policy put in place by our own elected politicians at Westminster- by our own government and not the EU.

But hang on, that can't happen can it. No because I've been told we've handed over control of all our policy making to the EU.

Wait a second, this EU thing. It's not a nasty smokescreen to cover up our own inability to set sensible UK policy is it? It's not being used by politicians just to get into power. No, it can't be - not that lovely Boris and Nigel.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Oops, edited.............:whistle:

Thats rush typing for you. :)

Think I'll crack a pre game beer and just sit and watch for a bit.

'That's!'

For goodness sake. You are just doing this to get your post count up!

Jan 30, 2008
Lots of junior doctors are about to leave because of a policy put in place by our own elected politicians at Westminster- by our own government and not the EU.

But hang on, that can't happen can it. No because I've been told we've handed over control of all our policy making to the EU.

Wait a second, this EU thing. It's not a nasty smokescreen to cover up our own inability to set sensible UK policy is it? It's not being used by politicians just to get into power. No, it can't be - not that lovely Boris and Nigel.

did i mention the NHS???
regards
DR

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I have just heard some chap on the news saying those in favour of a Brexit don’t understand it may take up to 2 years to negotiate our way fully out of The EU.
Im fairly sure most people realise an OUT will not be instantaneous, what this bloke fails to comprehend is when you cherish your freedom, democracy and sovereignty as much as the outers do, the length of time it will take to fully negotiate out is a price worth paying over and over. Think of it as one long promotion party until that final signature.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
As for the rest, thats just your guess work and opinion that the EU with out us will stay strong and become mighty and powerful.

It wont. Its just lost a huge chunk of its money.

I don't disagree with that. The question for the rest of the EU is what will cost it more money / what will weaken it the most: a) Losing the UK and not giving us the deal you imagine, or b) Running the risk of Spain/Italy/other following the UK out.

They're both pretty bad options for Germany et al, and personally I think they'd see (b) as even worse.

Its not about cosy deals, its about sensible deals. Like I said, if it were Germany leaving do you really think us and France and the tinpots would be looking to screw Germany on trade, spiting ourselves at the same time? No. Who would even want that on either side.

If Germany left and got a favourable deal there is no doubt that we would follow them - within next to no time at all. The EU would be over. What would possibly be our motivation to stay in a weakened EU when we've been shown we can get a great deal by leaving.

In reality, Germany leaving would probably spell the end anyway, but taking your question seriously - the principle still stands: the EU needs to stick together to survive and must discourage potential leavers.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
We have the Gatwick Gusher, we can make some very good deals once we have left the EU.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...flow-produced-by-gatwick-gusher-a6945341.html

I was talking to an SNP canvasser about this when I was up in Edinburgh this week.

I was trying to explain to him why I saw it important for the UK to stay united and work together. I asked him if he'd be happy for Sussex to go it alone with out Gatwick gusher, or should Yorkshire go it alone. Aren't we better off working together?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here