Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
All.of this legal wrangling could have been avoided if Cameron realised he might lose the referendum and properly drafted the bill. All his fault for shoddy drafted and rushed through legislation.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Somehow this sounds like a bit of desperation by some remainers. Do they think seriously that once we trigger Article 50 and leave the EU that we'll somehow still automatically be in the single market, and will have to apply through another article to leave it?

I should really go and check but I think that one of the two people advancing this 'desperation by remainers' is in fact a pretty passionate Brexiter.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
The only Brexit issues that mean anything to either side.
Free movement
Access to the 'single market'
Sovereignty
Let the fight continue.

A reasonable post - for me these are indeed the most important issues. I doubt though that they are the only ones that mean anything to Brexit voters. My niece-in-law voted to leave because she's fed up with Russians buying property in London and my dearest friend did the same because he's a mischievous old bugger and wanted to stick a roman candle up Junker's bottom.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
All.of this legal wrangling could have been avoided if Cameron realised he might lose the referendum and properly drafted the bill. All his fault for shoddy drafted and rushed through legislation.

If he had really done that we would have expected a lot more about what we would be getting if we stayed in. For example, more pressure on us to help bail out failing member states, reduction in any rebates we were getting, massive pressure to join the Euro and total acceptance of the corrupt practices of unelected leaders in Brussels.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
We should be more worried about the privatisation of the NHS

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
A reasonable post - for me these are indeed the most important issues. I doubt though that they are the only ones that mean anything to Brexit voters. My niece-in-law voted to leave because she's fed up with Russians buying property in London and my dearest friend did the same because he's a mischievous old bugger and wanted to stick a roman candle up Junker's bottom.

Just about sums up Leave voters. Yep, those pesky Russians won't be bothering us once we leave. You couldn't make this shit up. :dunce:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I should really go and check but I think that one of the two people advancing this 'desperation by remainers' is in fact a pretty passionate Brexiter.
Passionate brexiteer (and proud of it) yes - but do you seriously think that once we trigger Article 50 and leave the EU that we'll somehow still automatically be in the single market, and will have to apply through another article to leave it? I mean, seriously................?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Why would it cause Mayhem? A few fat knackers from the council estates may get confused on a One Show voxpop on their way out of Iceland

If only you had added white van man.
You could’ve gone full on Emily Thornberry and ticked off her whole sneering bingo card in one go.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Pastafarian might get in a tizzy and throw his toys out of the pram on here at 5 am. Both of which happen regularly anyway.

i really hope you are not awake at stupid o clock sometimes for the same reasons i am.
Best for your own sake clampy if you leave it at that and drop your silly juvenile concerns about my posting times on this thread in the future.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Just about sums up Leave voters. Yep, those pesky Russians won't be bothering us once we leave. You couldn't make this shit up. :dunce:
Most of the out voters knew what they wanted, valid reasons, obviously a relatI've of yours and and a friend of you, did not. Surely as they are close to you then you could have put them straight.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Agreed. That was a massive own goal and has done nothing but harmed our country.

on the flip side though how do you draft a referendum bill other than IN or OUT....you cant put in clauses like single market ECJ or free movement as you are likely to fall fowl of the other party in the negotiations.....namely the EU.
IN or OUT was really the only legal option open.
Camerons biggest failing was getting involved, he should have said this is the government view, walked away, stayed out of it and said let the in /out campaigns fight it out....and kept to the promise to adhere to the result. He would probably still have a job if he had done that

D

Deleted member 22389

The Remainer bullshit before the referendum has got lots of EU citizens thinking they might have to go home when we finally leave. I find this absolutely pathetic and annoying. Nobody is going home and the economy still hasn't collapsed yet.
I suggest some remainers belt up and accept the bloody result.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
im sure some of the more serious brexit debaters will know the porky pie that parliament doesnt get a chance to debate brexit is a complete porky and only raised by people with a skewed agenda.
For anyone interested have a squizz at the select committee debate from dec 7.
Its very interesting but over 2 hours long.
Input from TUC and business federations and a cross section of MP`s, well worth a watch from all interested parties on here

My take on it......nothing to be scared about quitting being members of the single market.......but im obviously biased.

would be interested what remainers took from this debate

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0850b9n/select-committees-live-exiting-the-eu-committee

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The Remainer bullshit before the referendum has got lots of EU citizens thinking they might have to go home when we finally leave. I find this absolutely pathetic and annoying. Nobody is going home

its scare tactics and remainers using EU citizens as cannon fodder,not very nice really.
Like most people thinking i expect those already living here with jobs and family will be staying here, there will not be mass deportations . The issue of immigration was controlling future input not kicking out people allready here......you can repeat that till blue in the face but still they will miss represent it ......doesnt fit with what they are saying you see

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
umm what opinion?........you didnt vote......you didnt give one........you have no opinion.
Ha yeah keep telling yourself that, I hope you get everything you "voted" for, I highly doubt it though.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here