Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Ha yeah keep telling yourself that, I hope you get everything you "voted" for, I highly doubt it though.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

and yet you voted for nothing
you rely on other people opinions to control your life.......a complete cuck slave

its not hard to formulate an opinion you know

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
and yet you voted for nothing
you rely on other people opinions to control your life.......a complete cuck slave

its not hard to formulate an opinion you know
I know why so many on here think you're a complete moron, I didn't vote because I couldn't pick through all the lies, something many have regretted now it's over, like I said mindless sheep that believe their opinion matters to those in charge.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
on the flip side though how do you draft a referendum bill other than IN or OUT....you cant put in clauses like single market ECJ or free movement as you are likely to fall fowl of the other party in the negotiations.....namely the EU.
IN or OUT was really the only legal option open.
Camerons biggest failing was getting involved, he should have said this is the government view, walked away, stayed out of it and said let the in /out campaigns fight it out....and kept to the promise to adhere to the result. He would probably still have a job if he had done that

It should have contained a part which said something like 'in the event of a leave majority the government will use its executive powers to invoke article 50'.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
its scare tactics and remainers using EU citizens as cannon fodder,not very nice really.
Like most people thinking i expect those already living here with jobs and family will be staying here, there will not be mass deportations . The issue of immigration was controlling future input not kicking out people allready here......you can repeat that till blue in the face but still they will miss represent it ......doesnt fit with what they are saying you see

But May still refuses to guarantee the rights of people already here and furthermore it seems at least likely that people from the EU who travelled here after the vote will be sent back. At least that's what most leave voters would seem to be expecting.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It should have contained a part which said something like 'in the event of a leave majority the government will use its executive powers to invoke article 50'.

but executive powers cannot be guaranteed by a bill, its deeper and more complicated than that.......thats why you are wrong and there is a court case

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
But May still refuses to guarantee the rights of people already here and furthermore it seems at least likely that people from the EU who travelled here after the vote will be sent back. At least that's what most leave voters would seem to be expecting.
May cannot guarantee the rights of those already here as these rights are reciprocal with The EU......how is it you cant understand this.
She is rightly thinking about the rights of brits living in europe and is not going to sell them short

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I know why so many on here think you're a complete moron, I didn't vote because I couldn't pick through all the lies, something many have regretted now it's over, like I said mindless sheep that believe their opinion matters to those in charge.

you didnt vote because you never intended to vote, you are a non voter and your opinion doesnt matter.

from 8th june when you had already decided not to listen to debates and not to vote,

Is it wrong to be happy if we leave and happy if we stay? I'm quite glad I'm not voting and putting my name to either

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Somehow this sounds like a bit of desperation by some remainers. Do they think seriously that once we trigger Article 50 and leave the EU that we'll somehow still automatically be in the single market, and will have to apply through another article to leave it?

It's to do with article 127 and one of those bringing the case voted leave though.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
you didnt vote because you never intended to vote, you are a non voter and your opinion doesnt matter.

from 8th june when you had already decided not to listen to debates and not to vote,
Your point just enhances my point , part of me wanted to see what happens if we left, try as hard as you want to make me look like an idiot, there's more to life then the holy grail vote you care so much about

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Your point just enhances my point , part of me wanted to see what happens if we left, try as hard as you want to make me look like an idiot, there's more to life then the holy grail vote you care so much about

you are not an idiot,you simply didnt vote,you obviously didnt have an opinion then.......you dont have one now either except people were mugs for voting
your opinion on brexit if you actually had one is therefore unimportant

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
you are not an idiot,you simply didnt vote,you obviously didnt have an opinion then.......you dont have one now either except people were mugs for voting
your opinion on brexit if you actually had one is therefore unimportant
I shouldn't have come back on this thread, it's like watching question time, same old bollocks, nothing ever changes .

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I shouldn't have come back on this thread, it's like watching question time, same old bollocks, nothing ever changes .

except of course huge enormous massive historical changes are happening or just about to happen......so nothing like question time at all.
you are probably right in thinking you should not have come back though especially if you think nothing has changed since june 23rd

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing

....and in the event of a remain majority vote the Government will take down their trousers, bend over and allow the EU to continue what they've been doing for the last 40 or so years........

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
....and in the event of a remain majority vote the Government will take down their trousers, bend over and allow the EU to continue what they've been doing for the last 40 or so years........

This?
Vksr3YW.png

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
See my post #23576. Once we leave the EU, it will be the EU, not us, that will decide if we are in, or partly in, the single market or not.

Okay, I'm glad that's all been cleared up then. If only Peter Wilding and Adrian Yalland had read NSC..................

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
See my post #23576. Once we leave the EU, it will be the EU, not us, that will decide if we are in, or partly in, the single market or not.

some people seem to forget there are two teams at the negotiating table.
you can instruct or persuade the UK side as much as you want through parliamentary debate, motions, or legal instructions......it changes nothing.

The EU might simply say Frack Off.....we dont care what your courts or parliament says

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Passionate brexiteer (and proud of it) yes - but do you seriously think that once we trigger Article 50 and leave the EU that we'll somehow still automatically be in the single market, and will have to apply through another article to leave it? I mean, seriously................?

I was replying to the suggestion that the people advancing this suggestion were desperate Remainers.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Most of the out voters knew what they wanted, valid reasons, obviously a relatI've of yours and and a friend of you, did not. Surely as they are close to you then you could have put them straight.

That doesn't work with you lot me old mate. I mean to say, you and I are close given that we're both longtime Albion fans but in spite of my many efforts you never listen to a word I say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here