Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It'll be fun (and ****ing expensive) watching solicitors and law makers try and untangle EU law from British Law, It will likely be too big a task and we'll just end up sticking with our EU laws anyway.

As for our potential trade deals with the US we will have to accept their lower food production standards, their chemical and fertliser standards, their product safety standards, all way, way lower than our current standards. We will have to accept this because the US will demand it of us to allow their products to get to market over here or we will lose out on trade, That is the reality of our situation. What have we done?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
It'll be fun (and ****ing expensive) watching solicitors and law makers try and untangle EU law from British Law, It will likely be too big a task and we'll just end up sticking with our EU laws anyway.

As for our potential trade deals with the US we will have to accept their lower food production standards, their chemical and fertliser standards, their product safety standards, all way, way lower than our current standards. We will have to accept this because the US will demand it of us to allow their products to get to market over here or we will lose out on trade, That is the reality of our situation. What have we done?

Agree with the expense, Lawyers and solicitors on both sides rubbing their hands with joy. We regards to the other bits think it will be a case of wait and see

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003

Except we can't simply adopt EU Laws as they will reference institutions for appeals etc that we will not recognise and will have to re-create ourselves at even more expense.

D

Deleted member 22389

Still cheaper than sending 350 million quid a week to keep people in nice jobs with nice pensions, in nice buildings, while the real people rot because of their decisions. How anyone call themself a liberal and support this lot is beyond me.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Still cheaper than sending 350 million quid a week to keep people in nice jobs with nice pensions, in nice buildings, while the real people rot because of their decisions. How anyone call themself a liberal and support this lot is beyond me.

You mean we shouldn't pay Nigel Farage for all his hard work making Europe a better place ?... when he turns up ..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

As a middle to quite some distance right leave voter,this is a very valid point and is one that does concern me,that said we used to make things ourselves from raw material,perhaps that is one way around a small part of the problem,but it's a fair observation.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

he's right about the opposition (not for the first time this parliament, the Conservative back benchers threaten revolt and Labour claim as a victory for them), and makes a good case about the nature of the referendum. above all though, i learnt the phase "jot and tittle". marvellous.

At least we can feel happy that one weeks payment from us has been spent on the new headquarters in Brussels.

What a waste of money I hear you ask, but wait, this building will house two, yes two branches of the bloated beauocracy.
The European Council and wait for it....The Council of Europe.

Sham!!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Jan 30, 2008
At least we can feel happy that one weeks payment from us has been spent on the new headquarters in Brussels.

What a waste of money I hear you ask, but wait, this building will house two, yes two branches of the bloated beauocracy.
The European Council and wait for it....The Council of Europe.

Sham!!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
stop being negative !!!:cool:
regards
DR

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It certainly makes you think when you find out that the European Commission has twice as many staff as Birmingham council. Takes a lot of work running Birmingham
European commission 25000 employees and at least 10000 outsourced employees.

Birmingham 11, 200 dropping to 7000 by 2018.

It is my hope that this is the model that the EU follows, after all, it won't need so many employees if France and Italy leave.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i wonder what people think about the news McDonalds is moving their non-US HQ from Luxembourg to UK. yes, for tax reasons, but this isnt this supposed to be the wrong way round?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
your argument makes no sence: we have 2/3 exported to other nations with no "passporting" or other agreements, yet you suppose that the 1/3 EU export is entirely dependent on that type of agreement. that is not the position of the people in the finance sector that only says that it is at risk of moving to EU if some agreement cannot be reached. and while the Swiss have offices in the UK to make it easier to do EU trade, what reason do you have for BNP Paribas, Deutsche Bank etc having substantial operations here?

Ok mate, I can't be bothered anymore, we are going to see pretty soon. I just wish some of you would check this sort of thing out for yourselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here