Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brentford TRAIN tickets

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
An off-peak day return from Portslade to Brentford seems to be weighing in at £20.90. Is it worth buying on-line beforehand ? Or will it be EXACTLY the same price if I buy on the day ? Or is there some way of getting it CHEAPER ? (note - I am not a student, neither am I outwardly retarded).

*cheapskate*

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Will be exactly the same on the day. If you have 2 or 3 mates then you can get a groupsave ticket which will save you 33% or 50% respectively.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Cheers 8ace / tottenham.
I'll go along with a couple of people who pretend to like me, and see how I get on.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
An off-peak day return from Portslade to Brentford seems to be weighing in at £20.90. Is it worth buying on-line beforehand ? Or will it be EXACTLY the same price if I buy on the day ? Or is there some way of getting it CHEAPER ? (note - I am not a student, neither am I outwardly retarded).

*cheapskate*

Buy the Super Off peak return to London for £13.50 and then buy the Clapham Junction to Brentford return seperately and should work out about £16.50 return and you can use the Group 3/4 tickets if you have any MATES to travel with which I VERY much doubt.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Buy the Super Off peak return to London for £13.50 and then buy the Clapham Junction to Brentford return seperately and should work out about £16.50 return and you can use the Group 3/4 tickets if you have any MATES to travel with which I VERY much doubt.

Thats some good SOLID advice there.
And you're right. I have no MATES to travel with, just my DAD.

:down:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Thats some good SOLID advice there.
And you're right. I have no MATES to travel with, just my DAD.

:down:

Or should you be catching a bus to the station buy the 'Southern Saver' from the driver for £12.50 which is a days bus saver plus any return journey on Southern and then buy the Clapham - Brentford return on top thus saving another quid but you can't use the Group 3/4 thing with that one :thumbsup:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

*cheapskate*

I have two free return tickets on for this Saturday 15th August, booked on the edf cheap deal. Brighton Staions to Victoria only, only cost me 50p each way on the deal :thumbsup:

Outward travel 12:19

Return 19:21

Used a load for the Lords final the other Saturday and on the way back got an earlier train without any problems, staff did not seem bothered to ask for part that showed times.

I am going to 20 20 cup final and will be driving and staying over, so if you or anyone else wants these tickets PM me with your address and I will post them to you.

Last edited:

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Did I read someone on here a while back there are engineering works between Clapham and Brentford this weekend?

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Did I read someone on here a while back there are engineering works between Clapham and Brentford this weekend?

National Rail have now incorporated the engineering works that affect the Clapham Junction - Brentford line on Saturday into their travel planner.

Basically you can either take the normal line and use the replacement bus between Barnes and Kew (about 50mins journey time from CJ - Brentford in total) or go via Richmond (40mins). Alternatively go into Victoria and take the tube to South Ealing (35mins).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Shit.
Engineering works between Barnes and Hounslow.
Buses replacing trains between Barnes and Kew Bridge

:angry:

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I have two free return tickets on for this Saturday 15th August, booked on the edf cheap deal. Brighton Staions to Victoria only, only cost me 50p each way on the deal :thumbsup:

Outward travel 12:19

Return 19:21

Used a load for the Lords final the other Saturday and on the way back got an earlier train without any problems, staff did not seem bothered to ask for part that showed times.

I am going to 20 20 cup final and will be driving and staying over, so if you or anyone else wants these tickets PM me with your address and I will post them to you.

Hope there's no extra time....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here