Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brentford TRAIN tickets

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Fourteenth eye and Tony Meola have informed me that you can get the boat (for about a fiver) from Westminster to Kew, then a 10 min walk to the ground. Sounds pretty good to me.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
For those going via Tube. (Adult prices)

I suggest a one day Zone 1-3 travel card

£8.60

Tube prices are £4 each way.

From the Tube if you want to walk then save 60p by buying two singles and forget the travelcard

otherwise single bus fare from tube to ground and back are £2 each

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked

£8.60

From the Tube if you want to walk then save 60p by buying two singles and forget the travelcard

For £1.40 more (£10 for those bad at maths) you can buy an oyster card and enough credit to do the journeys for that game, and maybe another game like Millwall or Orient. You will also have the priviledge of an oyster card for the rest of your life

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

£8.60

Buses in London are only £1 if you use a prepaid Oyster Card

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
For £1.40 more (£10 for those bad at maths) you can buy an oyster card and enough credit to do the journeys for that game, and maybe another game like Millwall or Orient. You will also have the priviledge of an oyster card for the rest of your life

Buses in London are only £1 if you use a prepaid Oyster Card

Both good tips. :)

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley

£8.60

Since Saturday is off peak, travel card is £6.30, not £8.60

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Brighton to Clapham (4 beers) , Clapham to Richmond 6mins , Richmond to Brentford 27mins (3 beers) then 5 mins stroll to next boozer/ground

Can't be arsed with 35 min on the alcohol free tube followed by a hike from south Ealing.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I have two free return tickets for this Saturday 15th August, Brighton Staions to Victoria, so if you or anyone else wants these tickets PM me with your address and I will post them to you.

Taken

Hope its a good game, I have not seen us score a goal at Brentford for donkeys, so I am hoping my absence creates a Sussex/Brighton winning double.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
I have two free return tickets on for this Saturday 15th August, booked on the edf cheap deal. Brighton Staions to Victoria only, only cost me 50p each way on the deal :thumbsup:

Outward travel 12:19

Return 19:21

Used a load for the Lords final the other Saturday and on the way back got an earlier train without any problems, staff did not seem bothered to ask for part that showed times.

I am going to 20 20 cup final and will be driving and staying over, so if you or anyone else wants these tickets PM me with your address and I will post them to you.
do you reckon they will check the times for these ,or could you go on a earlier train?????

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
ive got those cheap deals to victoria,but what is the route if i want to go another way,because of the tube hassle

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
do you reckon they will check the times for these ,or could you go on a earlier train?????

On my last experience the guys and gals checking at Victoria are so laid back they don't even look, at our end you may get a jobs worths if your unlucky. In fact the barrier let us through at Brighton.

I had my rail card so was willing to pay if it was a problem, however al the people that checked it seemed happy it was a vakid ticket.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So what is the BEST option now for the train, don't mind a "bit" of a walk if there are pubs en route

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Personally I'm going to go the Victoria - Picadilly Line - South Ealing route I think.
I can get a direct train to Vicky in an hour so thats no hassle, then 35 mins tube along to South Ealing is quite acceptable. The walk down doesn't look all THAT far, or at worst I can bus that last bit to the ground and pitch up in the GRIFFIN for a few pre-match bevvies.

Snorted.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Personally I'm going to go the Victoria - Picadilly Line - South Ealing route I think.
I can get a direct train to Vicky in an hour so thats no hassle, then 35 mins tube along to South Ealing is quite acceptable. The walk down doesn't look all THAT far, or at worst I can bus that last bit to the ground and pitch up in the GRIFFIN for a few pre-match bevvies.

Snorted.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
The best way is Brighton,Clapham,Richmond,Brentford. I think Brentford is much, much closer to the ground too. Whereas going via Vic you have 1 more stop on the mainline, hitch-hike over to the tube, then a long tube journey. Then a 20 minute walk.

I think people are only going via Victoria because they took advantage of the 90% off offer, as it's so much longer. :wrong:.

Have fun.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here