Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brentford TRAIN tickets

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Brighton to Clapham (4 beers) , Clapham to Richmond 6mins , Richmond to Brentford 27mins (3 beers) then 5 mins stroll to next boozer/ground

Can't be arsed with 35 min on the alcohol free tube followed by a hike from south Ealing.

Or for more leisurely journey - for me, free - you can take the 337 bus to Richmond (beers) followed by the 65 to Griffin Park (ditto).

Might take a while though.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Brighton to Clapham (4 beers) , Clapham to Richmond 6mins , Richmond to Brentford 27mins (3 beers) then 5 mins stroll to next boozer/ground

Can't be arsed with 35 min on the alcohol free tube followed by a hike from south Ealing.

:lolol:Good effort.

Drinking on the tube isn't really that difficult, the chances of getting caught are MINIMAL, if that.

:REBEL!:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Shit.
Engineering works between Barnes and Hounslow.
Buses replacing trains between Barnes and Kew Bridge

:angry:

Take the old man to The Sun Inn, Barnes, if you fancy breaking up the journey. They have a BBQ every saturday, outdoor seating, opposite Barnes Pond (pleasant setting) and serve Westons Organic.

Ps Why is it such a mission to find cheap train tickets?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'll be having a few Strongbow on the way to South Ealing :drink::drink:

Watch out for BTP , Russ , you know that Dabbzy will shit himself if you are both caught being naughty. :laugh:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
It was all meant to be so easy, quick train and 5 minute walk. Not impressed.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Slightly confused, thought the national rail site incorporated any engineering works into the planner? The 12:19 from Brighton don't say anything about buses or anything of the like and seems a straight trip from Clapham to Brentford (44 minutes), is that wrong?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Slightly confused, thought the national rail site incorporated any engineering works into the planner? The 12:19 from Brighton don't say anything about buses or anything of the like and seems a straight trip from Clapham to Brentford (44 minutes), is that wrong?

Probably correct, it is only about 20 minutes to Brentford from CJ. They have probably used the route via Richmond as opposed to the (now impossible) direct/fast route to Brentford.

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
do what i do, go to ticket machine, get ticket ..press railcard, press disabled..you get 1/3 off... nobody ask for your disabled card..only if you board a train going up north they do... easy as abc !!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Yeah Clapham to Brentford is 45 mins no changes. So basically one change from Bton to Brentford. 1hr50 although 20 mins at Clapham so oppurtunity to have a munch up and get some more beers.

Train back at 17:08 gets to Brighton before 7pm so easy enough overall

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
SAKE

there are now CLOSURES on the victoria line that weekend, so I'm now going from Hove -> Brighton -> Clapham -> Twickenham -> Brentford. Still, return was only 12 quid ordered online (with railcard).

Yeah Clapham to Brentford is 45 mins no changes. So basically one change from Bton to Brentford. 1hr50 although 20 mins at Clapham so oppurtunity to have a munch up and get some more beers.

Train back at 17:08 gets to Brighton before 7pm so easy enough overall

There is a replacement bus service on that line.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
SAKE

there are now CLOSURES on the victoria line that weekend, so I'm now going from Hove -> Brighton -> Clapham -> Twickenham -> Brentford. Still, return was only 12 quid ordered online (with railcard).

There is a replacement bus service on that line.

Only between Barnes and Kew Bridge.

The 44 minute service will be the Hounslow loop.

I.e.

Through North Sheen, Twickenham, St Margarets, Syon Lane etc.

Attachments

• Hounslow.jpg
    Hounslow.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 156

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Only between Barnes and Kew Bridge.

The 44 minute service will be the Hounslow loop.

I.e.

Through North Sheen, Twickenham, St Margarets, Syon Lane etc.

Well, according to the trains website my route will take me 2hrs door to door with no buses via Twickers...

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
all i want to know is what route is best from victoria,i have the cheap tiks?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here