Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brentford Sign Neil Shipperley

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
SJ's Love Monkey said:
We have just signed a bloke born in Brighton and played for Millwall but Palace fans cheered him when he came on Saturday. Move on

:clap:
Quite right...we need players who will do the job and not be worrying that they have "unsuitable" history

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
enigma said:

Except that noone was saying they didn't want a former Palace player and noone stated that we are happy with what we have.

Plus, there are very valid reasons why we might not be able to match other clubs!!!!! THAT IS FAIRLY f***ing OBVIOUS!!! Surely...?

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Race said:
He's a West London boy and and he's probably got property there so not much travelling, maybe that was part of the reason.

I think he has property in Richmond. (I've certainly seen him a few times in a poncy cocktail bar there). That is within pissing distance of Brentford.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Barrel of Fun said:
Fallon would have been a decent target, yet he has been sold to Plymouth for £300k.

Alledgedly....We could have had Fallon last year ...but DK wouldnt sanction the purchase prior to the window opening

E

enigma

Barrel of Fun said:
Except that noone was saying they didn't want a former Palace player and noone stated that we are happy with what we have.

Plus, there are very valid reasons why we might not be able to match other clubs!!!!! THAT IS FAIRLY f***ing OBVIOUS!!! Surely...?

Plenty of people on here said they didn't want him. We might well not be able to match what he earns, in which case fair enough, but for people to say they wouldnt want him as he played for Palace...ridiculous.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
What would be tragic is for anyone to think this will put an end to the 'Let's go for Shipperley' threads that have been keeping us going for three years.

I mean, he's only 32. And this is a four-month deal. So with any luck Brentofrd will release him in June, and away we go again.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
enigma said:
Plenty of people on here said they didn't want him. We might well not be able to match what he earns, in which case fair enough, but for people to say they wouldnt want him as he played for Palace...ridiculous.

That is ridiculous. I would have thought it was tongue in cheek, but then there were some that never accepted Coppell and Simon Rodgers.... :thud:

The Auditor said:
Alledgedly....We could have had Fallon last year ...but DK wouldnt sanction the purchase prior to the window opening

I thought that we got beaten back by Swansea who could afford the asking price. It must be nice to be on the board and find out what is going on!

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Barrel of Fun said:

I thought that we got beaten back by Swansea who could afford the asking price. It must be nice to be on the board and find out what is going on!

Swindon were looking to sell in October/ November as they were short of funds...Swansea werent in the chase at that stage....I might not be on the board but could have reliable sources !!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
SJ's Love Monkey said:
You are kidding right?! :lol:

I thought we were talking about this thread in particular. :dunce:

The Auditor said:
Swindon were looking to sell in October/ November as they were short of funds...Swansea werent in the chase at that stage....I might not be on the board but could have reliable sources !!

That wasn't a swipe at you, just that it is very frustrating not knowing what is going on. The danger of the internet. So many rumours, but those with decent sources are muddled in with the stirrers...Grrr!

Wilf

Jan 20, 2007
Brentford
Shipperly came to a nice arrangement with Sheff Utd, which means he wont need to sign on for a few months.

Brentford arent paying him much, and the money to fund him has come out of fans pockets....Brentford fans have raised nearly £40,000 in the last month to pay for some last chance saloon signings.....

Questions over his fitness remain, but he raises to stock of the squad, fit or not...

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Wilf said:
Shipperly came to a nice arrangement with Sheff Utd, which means he wont need to sign on for a few months.

Brentford arent paying him much, and the money to fund him has come out of fans pockets....Brentford fans have raised nearly £40,000 in the last month to pay for some last chance saloon signings.....

Questions over his fitness remain, but he raises to stock of the squad, fit or not...

well thats £40,000 pounds more than that tight fisted chairman of ours is going to spend....

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
portslade seagull said:
well thats £40,000 pounds more than that tight fisted chairman of ours is going to spend....

1. Perhaps we matched them and Shipperley picked Brentford

2. Perhaps we have other targets which the money may be used for. Permanent signings as opposed to a 4 month stint.

3. Perhaps the manager did not want Shipperley.

4. Perhaps we have to spend carefully and within our means.

5. The others could surely rustle up £40k (Blooms/Chapman) if we were desperate to sign him.

6. I have run out of reasons...

7. Happy Birthday

Last edited:

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
SJ's Love Monkey said:
Just a thought but if Dick Knight had come out and said 'sorry lads but we are skint and won't be signing any new players in January' then the deflation amongst the fans would have been worse than it is now and he would have come in for even more stick.
the first time i have a scum fan talk a little sense!

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Barrel of Fun said:

Rumours had it that we could have done a player plus cash deal for Knight, but he insisted in going to Swansea rather than Swindon. This may be BS, but was a rumour I heard from some who may have been in the know. I can't provide any evidence, just what I heard.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Ernest said:
And Shipperly gets the goals that lifts Brentford out of the bottom 4 amd dumps us in it :angry: :angry: :angry:

Should we just get the club to hang a load of noose's from the Withdean Scaffolding so everybody can just put themselves out of their misery at the next home game?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Last time we signed a big time charlie was Kitson and what a waster he was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here