Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Breaking the bank for a player would have been better than this.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Dies Irae said:
But that is what I am getting at.

What about all those people who will come by car and be dropped off.

Everyone thinks that people will toe the line and use Public transport......they wont. Its crap. Trying to get a bus to the park and ride has shown that......I do not know why the club persist in this nonsence.

Look at the area around Withdean on matchdays. i am sorry but it is full of cars.

The more hassle you present to people the less likely they are to be arsed and that is the issue about getting people back to support us.

Why was the gate 1500 less on easter Monday? Because people couldn't get tickets. If people could turn up, we would have filled the place. And when they did organise tickets for the game by phoning in, no-one from the club had the brains to get the ticket machjine over to the ground to print the things off so leaving the staff to get abused by people not getting tickets to go through the turnstiles till 30 minutes gone in the first half. It smacks of a mickky mouse club and mickey mouse organisation

I am getting pissed off to the back teeth on being told what I can and can't do just to watch my football team.

And I am not alone

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Re: Re: Re: Breaking the bank for a player would have been better than this.

Black N Tan said:
What a stupid question. Buying known hasbeens are good for 1 year, then, when they are over the hill you are left with nothing, you can't even get a return on your money.

If a known 'has-been' (such as Noel-Williams, perhaps) was good enough to score goals at Championship level and had helped to keep Albion up, then he would've saved the club £1 million according to the Argus.

What's to say the club will eventually get any great return on Kazim-Richards? He has talent, but he didn't exactly set the Championship alight, did he?

All signings are a gamble. McGhee and Knight chose to take a long-term gamble with their Coca Cola money. The short-term result has been relegation and a £1 million loss. Of course, that is not CKR's fault, and there's no guarantee that a decent target man would've kept Albion up. But the chances would certainly have improved with such a player in the ranks.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
mmmm,, maybe Dies, but I use the P&R for every home game, as do hundreds of others, they reckon on 250+ cars in Mill Road for each game, don't know about Mithras House.

And I can assure you, if I lived in Brighton, Hove, etc I would use the travel voucher, it's convenient, free (well incuded in the price) and you can have a few beers before the game.

Falmer will be held up as a success Because of its sustainable transport policy, and we all will be playing a part in that.

I don't think it will fail, and I don't think LDC will be complaining once it's up and running.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Meade's_Ball said:
I do hope you're right. Have them spend some of the summer together. They can holiday and share girls and boys at experiments with glue and booze. When they return they become fit and form a friendship in one team. They tell the others what to do and alert everyone to when they'll run. I like the thought of them. Desire, trust, alliance, curlers, bingo.
The thought of a deeply bonded group of thrusting young BUCKS does indeed carry some appeal M B, I'd agree. But they also need the watchful gaze and steadying hand of a few gnarled old scrotes to keep them in order.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
neither do I, however if the current fan base are regarded as die hard regulars, and they are the ones parking in Withdean area, then are we really expecting people who havent gone for God knows how long to suddenly start catching trains and busses?

I can see Moulescombe and Coldean being used as parking areas ( if their cars are still left when they get back is another thing..LOL) it is bound to happen.

All over this land, the government is trying to get people out of their cars and for the last 30 years, it has not happened. Park and Ride is all very well but there is still the hassle factor.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Dies Irae said:

I can see Moulescombe and Coldean being used as parking areas ( if their cars are still left when they get back is another thing..LOL) it is bound to happen.

It'll be like matches in Liverpool, park your car and get a little tyke coming over "mind yer car mister", give him a couple of quid and your car is still there when you return, don't pay and expect the wheels to be gone at least.

:lolol:

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Dies Irae said:

Everyone thinks that people will toe the line and use Public transport......they wont. Its crap. Trying to get a bus to the park and ride has shown that......I do not know why the club persist in this nonsence.

Look at the area around Withdean on matchdays. i am sorry but it is full of cars.

The more hassle you present to people the less likely they are to be arsed and that is the issue about getting people back to support us.

Why was the gate 1500 less on easter Monday? Because people couldn't get tickets. If people could turn up, we would have filled the place. And when they did organise tickets for the game by phoning in, no-one from the club had the brains to get the ticket machjine over to the ground to print the things off so leaving the staff to get abused by people not getting tickets to go through the turnstiles till 30 minutes gone in the first half. It smacks of a mickky mouse club and mickey mouse organisation

I am getting pissed off to the back teeth on being told what I can and can't do just to watch my football team.

And I am not alone

Excellently well said sir :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

I hope you keep telling Superwife her hair looks nice:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :angel: :angel:

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Another Paul Kitson scenario is probably a key reason we plumped to invest the coke money in CKR. I think CKR is well capable of adding the goals to his exciting style. He may be Trundlesque next season.

The real dissapointment is the money spent on the Turienzo transfer and Dodds wages being wasted. With Turi there is still hope we get our moneys worth next year.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Dies Irae said:

And I am not alone

As our old NSC nemesis Taffy would put it we are "small fry"

absolute jokers the lot of them when will they realise people want to drive to games getting buses and trains can be a right pain. They want tickets on demand at the turnstiles and somewhere to park their cars.

Kinky Gerbils said:
Dennis Wise till the end of the year?

Hutchinson or Cameron on loan.

Seemed to have done well at the clubs they went to.

Cameron? Did you go to the Millwall game? :)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Breaking the bank for a player would have been better than this.

The Laughing Bluebird said:
If a known 'has-been' (such as Noel-Williams, perhaps) was good enough to score goals at Championship level and had helped to keep Albion up, then he would've saved the club £1 million according to the Argus.

What's to say the club will eventually get any great return on Kazim-Richards? He has talent, but he didn't exactly set the Championship alight, did he?

All signings are a gamble. McGhee and Knight chose to take a long-term gamble with their Coca Cola money. The short-term result has been relegation and a £1 million loss. Of course, that is not CKR's fault, and there's no guarantee that a decent target man would've kept Albion up. But the chances would certainly have improved with such a player in the ranks.

But those sums don't add up. We could not have got anyone near the class of GNW for a transfer fee of £100,000 and wages of less than £1k a week over 3 years.

If you'll do the sums, that's the £250,000 Coca-Cola money. And remarkably, we were told by club sources that there was some Coke money left over from the CKR deal, so the figures we spent on CKR were actually LESS than the above.

Kinky Gerbils said:
Sorry, where are those people said said relegation wouldnt cost much?
For the sake of a couple of players wages for half a season this could have been avoided.

200k or a million?
No one said relegation wouldn't cost much, Dick Knight said months ago the cost would be about £1 million.

£200k or a million? There is unfortunately another option, spend money you don't have, forestall on a debt and you go into administration.

So the choice then is a club in League 1 or no club at all. What's your answer now Kinky?

We will lose income next season but all the players will now take an automatic wage cut and we will live within our means, it's as simple as that.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Re: Re: Breaking the bank for a player would have been better than this.

London Irish said:
No one said relegation wouldn't cost much, Dick Knight said months ago the cost would be about £1 million.

£200k or a million? There is unfortunately another option, spend money you don't have, forestall on a debt and you go into administration.

So the choice then is a club in League 1 or no club at all. What's your answer now Kinky?

Who says the clubs cost by going down wont forse the club into admin - Rotherham would be the club to be an example - a club about the same size and same sort of wage bil go down and now they are screwed.

Kinky Gerbils said:
Did you see the Watfod millwall game when he had a part to play in both goals?

So he had a couple of assists. So what? How many assists has Carole had this season for us, yet you still think he is useless?

Re: Re: Re: Breaking the bank for a player would have been better than this.

Kinky Gerbils said:
Who says the clubs cost by going down wont forse the club into admin - Rotherham would be the club to be an example - a club about the same size and same sort of wage bil go down and now they are screwed.

1997-8

1998-9

1999-0

2000-1

2001-2

2003-4

Six seasons when the current board have successfully guided us through seasons in the lower leagues with as little revenue as now.

You know how they did that?

By not giving into loudmouthed fans like you who want them to spend money we haven't got.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
So he had a couple of assists. So what? How many assists has Carole had this season for us, yet you still think he is useless?

A Yes a winger that cant cross,How usefull :lolol: :jester:

Cameron has more to his game that assists

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here