Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Breaking News: statement from PM on Falmer!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
****ing YES!

:clap2: :clap2:

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Sounds very positive to me.
All the vibes seem good at the moment. I think
having the conference in Brighton has really helped
our cause

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
So in other words Blair has aknowledged our plight but couldn't give a rats arse due to him being a glory *ahem* 'Newcastle' fan.

I'd rather he kept his mouth shut really and let JP do the talking.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Muzzman how on earth you could get any negative vibes from that statement is beyond me.
I suppose you can't please all the people all the time.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
n1 gull said:
Muzzman how on earth you could get any negative vibes from that statement is beyond me.
I suppose you can't please all the people all the time.

I'm not getting negative vibes.. I'm just not getting excited about it.. Blair has NOTHING to do with the enquiry, it's all down to what JP decides. I'm just trying to gain a sense of reality here. Blair could say we definately have the stadium but I wont start craking out the champagne until I see the JCB's rolling in.. and even then I may consider keeping it on ice.

Seagull Stew

CAFC Matt said:
That won't happen. Early next year I reckon but the vibes do seem to be positive

I think he means the football season, rather than the season of Autumn :D

Six months ago we were still fighting to get this issue recognised as being more than a provincial football club seeking a ground improvement.

Today we have the Prime Minister totally understanding our frustration and saying that the law must be changed to make it easier for these major planning issues to be resolved.

We've come a long way, baby.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Blair's statement is as vacuous as a vacuum cleaner on vacation.

Last edited:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
this is fantastic that the PM is aware of our situation - obviously the RIGHT way of making our plight heard is the correct way - peaceful and fun demonstrating actually works in getting the right message across!!

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
That reads to me as......

"I totally agree and if it was up to me I would have already said yes. However i am not allowed to express and oponion on the matter."

Can only be good news.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Lush said:
This is great! Which hack managed to persuade the pm to find time to make these comments?

He was interviewed on BBC South East. I watched the interview.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I have always been very positive even in the darkest hours but this really is wonderful news.

If the Prime Minister now as good as accepts we deserve a new ground it will happen :clap2: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here