Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Breaking News: statement from PM on Falmer!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I drank the other half!!!:smokin:

Can't leave alone.. me

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
As i think i and lord B have said on previous posts, if Prescott wanted to turn the application down, he would have done it and not reopened the enquiry. The reason why the enquiry is being re-opened is so that the Nimby's cannot call for a judicial review.

When and i mean when the new planning inspector goes back to the planning inspectorate and says that the other sites which Charles Hoile and the Nimby's feel are better sites cannot be developed, whether it be because it goes against Government policy on transport and green issues or because one of the sites is not viable(eg Brighton Station) - then Prescott will say that the Falmer site is the ONLY viable site within Brighton & Hove and therefore rather than the city losing one of it's most famous constitutions, he will agree to give the stadium the go ahead.

One thing that Hoile did was cross the line inso much that it is his job to say whether or not the Falmer site is suitable to build a sports complex and this must be from an independent point of view. The problem with Hoile's report is that it does not say whether or not a stadium CAN be built, he only goes on to express HIS personal reasons why it should not be built, which goes against planning guidelines....Such questions like whether the Albion building the stadium at Falmer is of national importance is of completely no relevance at all, as is whether or not we need a 23000 all seater stadium - the only question which he should have answered is whether the site is suitable for a sports complex which unfortunately he has not covered in his report.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Lord Bracknell said:
Six months ago we were still fighting to get this issue recognised as being more than a provincial football club seeking a ground improvement.

Today we have the Prime Minister totally understanding our frustration and saying that the law must be changed to make it easier for these major planning issues to be resolved.

We've come a long way, baby.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

A good point, well made !!!!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here