Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bradley Johnson

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
From what I've seen of him he's a very good player and is exactly what we need.
I know we need a striker but i was very pleased to see this signing.

Sullivan
Whing Elphick Virgo Richards
Livermore Thomson
Robinson Johnson Thornton
Anyinsah

You must be having a laugh!!! Hawkins will never be dropped unless he has all of his limbs amputated.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
That midfield has NO right sided player, so straight away it's unbalanced. It also has the problem that Thornton and Savage may well not be here in a week or two. Sorry, but I refuse to accept that signing a midfielder is a BAD move, or an unnecessary one. I agree we need to start playing Livermore though.

And the side that started against Hereford didn't have a left midfielder. Didn't stop Micky leaving Thornton on the bench though.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Whether we like or not, I think we all know come 7 45 tomorrow night, we will see Savage in that starting line up.
He shouldn't start, yet i could bet any money he will start...

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Adams is fast turning into a f***ing EMBARRASSMENT. Are we going to start playing the 10 man midfield formation at any point soon?

For crying out loud! You lot just love to bloody moan don't you!! Murray and Forster are injured so Anyinsah will go up front, Savage hasn't been great, Fraser and Cox aren't very good, Thornoton's not fit enough, McLeod's just come back and can't play a whole 90minutes etc.

You of all people have been moaning that we haven't played well, so obviously the midfielders we have at the moment aren't doing it so he gets another in (attcking midfielder, just what we need) and he still gets bollocked??

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
Leeds fan here, many of us don't know what has happened with Brad he was one of the first names on the team sheet last season and now he is no where. He has played CM/LM and even LB for us, by far he is best used getting forward from CM he has a hell of a left foot and will no doubt score a few free kicks for you guys.

Once he gets match fit you've got a real good 'un.

What worries me a bit about some of these loan signings is that we seem to be carrying out the job of getting unfit players fit for their various clubs. This is certainly the case with Savage and Thornton. One plus with this guy is that at least he is with us for a while

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Adams is fast turning into a f***ing EMBARRASSMENT. Are we going to start playing the 10 man midfield formation at any point soon?
:shutup:

You annoy the tits off me with your constant moaning. Not enough attention as a child cyber-twat?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
So now with a DESPERATE situation where we need a goalie and a striker we have

Thomson
Livermore
Savage
Thornton
Fraser
Loft
Robinson
Cox
Anyinsah
El Abd
McLeod
Chamberlain

and now JOHNSON

AND VIRGO

Mr Blunt

Apr 21, 2008
Brighton
For crying out loud! You lot just love to bloody moan don't you!! Murray and Forster are injured so Anyinsah will go up front, Savage hasn't been great, Fraser and Cox aren't very good, Thornoton's not fit enough, McLeod's just come back and can't play a whole 90minutes etc.

You of all people have been moaning that we haven't played well, so obviously the midfielders we have at the moment aren't doing it so he gets another in (attcking midfielder, just what we need) and he still gets bollocked??

:lolol:

They will never be happy as they think the season is over in OCTOBER!!!

Good player Johnson is and should do well

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Leeds fan here, many of us don't know what has happened with Brad he was one of the first names on the team sheet last season and now he is no where. He has played CM/LM and even LB for us, by far he is best used getting forward from CM he has a hell of a left foot and will no doubt score a few free kicks for you guys.

Once he gets match fit you've got a real good 'un.

Oh great stuff - another utility player !!!
Not knocking him at all mate - you've seen him whereas i have not but I am a bit fed up of utility players who can play reasonably anywhere but not shine anywhere. However I hope to be proved wrong !!! I see he goes back before we play you though . . . (unless we beat Derby and I expect he won't be allowed to play in that match - possibly cup tied anyway)

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
My problem with the signing, although I think he is a good player, is that we are going to lose a balance with the team.

With Virgo, Anyinsah, El Abd and Johnson we are shoe horning 4 of 10 outfield players into positions which they are not accustomed too.

A team could work with one player out of position, two is pushing it, three is asking for disaster, and four is just a joke.

Virgo is likely to lead the front line, which I guess is fair enough when the other options are Robinson, Gargan, Gatting and Anyinsah

Anyinsah doesnt look like a striker to me, but may end up playing there. Id rather he was on the right wing

Johnson is an attacking left or central midifielder, but will probably play upfront as we have Thornton and McLeod

El Abd is a central defender and looks out of place as a centre midfielder, yes he wins challenges and headers, but he struggles with passing and any sort of attacking nouce.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Brad Johnson = great signing! First saw him on loan to Stevenage from Northampton & couple of seasons back. So good we wanted to keep him but N'hampton took him back straight into their first team & soon sold him to Leeds. Will be the attacking [and scoring] midfielder you need. Enjoy him play!

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Nonsense. A midfield of:

McLeod Livermore Savage Thornton

is as good as any in this division (all four players have spent the last few seasons playing in either the Championship or The Premiership).

Unfortunately, that hasn't happened because Micky fucks around with Livermore's position and then drops him, and leaves the outstanding Thornton on the bench. If he had played that midfield four in the last few games (with Murray and Anyinsah up top) we wouldn't need to get this Bradley Johnson in, because we would have won a couple of them.

Agreed, that is a very good midfield if all fit and if we had Forster and Murray in front of them i think we could be going places, just need to get players fit and for Mickey to stop moving players about......the seasons not over yet lads!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here