Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bradley Johnson

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
very good signing.
mickys finding it hard to get a striker in, which is frustrating. people seem to think he can get anyone in willynilly. brighton are missing 2 very good strikers... possibly one of the best strike pairings in the league. you look at a team like liverpool for instance... without theyre 2 strikers (keane and torres), what do they have instead? Man U without Rooney and berbatov wouldnt be the same either. Obviously the quality of the squad is far greater but it would be a massive blow for any team in the world if theyre best 2 strikers were missing at the same time.

brad looks like a good player. good reviews etc. savage is leaving soon and he could be the ideal replacement. we are not scoring any goals from anywhere else apart from our strikers this season, so bringing in a goal getting midfielder is surely a great signing?

i dont see why people have to be so negative. when forster and murray are back, the team we could potentially put out on the field would probably be better than any other brighton team ive seen before. its just up to micky to get the right players playing in the right positions and with the right mentality etc.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
having seen your insipid display at elland road a few weeks ago johnson wouldn't have been the sort of player i would have been pleased to see sign if i were brighton. good luck to him, he is alright but was a typical wise signing something to tide us over at this level but not much scope for the future. very much surplus to requirements for us.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
having seen your insipid display at elland road a few weeks ago johnson wouldn't have been the sort of player i would have been pleased to see sign if i were brighton. good luck to him, he is alright but was a typical wise signing something to tide us over at this level but not much scope for the future. very much surplus to requirements for us.
is

Hello Starry, amazing how opinions differ about things, a Leeds poster on Palace's board is quite disappointed that Johnson has gone and says he was one of Leeds' better players at the back end of last season playing Left Midfield and got plenty of assists. Apparently has had a fall out with McAllister? Still thats what makes football what it is, if we all agreed on the same thing it would be pretty dull and there wouldn't be much point in messageboards eh?

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
oh i think he is a good league one player, but given what i saw of brighton at elland road i would have thought an out and out scoring machine or a box to box creative, clever, pacy midfielder was top of the shopping list. johnson is neither of those.

yes he fell out with gary mac. or rather didn't like it when gary mac changed things around at the training ground/pre game routines etc. i am not sure why someone would be disappointed in him leaving, we have far better players at the club, he has played once this season and made a couple of sub appearances and for all the other games he has not been missed.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
oh i think he is a good league one player, but given what i saw of brighton at elland road i would have thought an out and out scoring machine or a box to box creative, clever, pacy midfielder was top of the shopping list...

Obvously, but can you suggest anyone who is available who fits either of descriptions?

Beggars can't be choosers :nono:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
oh i think he is a good league one player, but given what i saw of brighton at elland road i would have thought an out and out scoring machine or a box to box creative, clever, pacy midfielder was top of the shopping list. johnson is neither of those.

To be honest mate i think every club is looking for those type of players

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
yeah but some need them more than others ;)

and no titanic, i can't. but i am not sure stuffing your squad with temporary make weights is the solution. i try not to be too gobby on here about your team because not really my place after all, just think from what i saw at elland road and have read on here that johnson is the wrong sort of player to turn things around for you. i hope i am wrong, however.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Hasn't that been the problem all season?

absolutely. the whole virgo not playing at centre back thing really doesnt make any sense. our best centre back being played everywhere but centre back! and i guess other players being played out of position too. we've just been unfortunate with our injuries and its obviously proving very hard to get a striker in. perhaps it would have been a better idea to try some of the younger lads who actually know how to play upfront, rather than a centre back and a winger.

i think this signing is a positive move though. we do have a lot of midfielders but its allways good to have options, and a few of them are going soon anyway.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Christ thats a hell of a lot of midfielders dear o dear:nono:

If our sack of shite are that bad then surely they need to be ofloaded or loaned out asap,far to may shite players underperforming at this club at the moment:rant:

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Brad Johnson = great signing! First saw him on loan to Stevenage from Northampton & couple of seasons back. So good we wanted to keep him but N'hampton took him back straight into their first team & soon sold him to Leeds. Will be the attacking [and scoring] midfielder you need. Enjoy him play!

Told you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
That second goal is one of the best I can remember from an Albion player at Withdean for a long, long time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here