Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bradley Johnson

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
So you're moaning about us spending money on wages? Is spending no money better then?

It clearly IS a choice right now between no signing or a midfield signing, because if we had a striker sorted it would have been announced. This in no way will stop us getting a striker. Adams, Knight, and everyone at the club knows damn well we need one, and if we don't have one tomorrow I'd stake a LOT of money on us having one by the weekend.

Also, didn't you start a thread SLATING McLeod on Saturday, so criticising Adams for bringing in someone in his position is surely a bit hypocritical?

I can't even be arsed to have this debate. When we've signed a striker i'll be happy, but when we're resorting to pushing Colin f***ing Hawkins up front in the last 15 minutes tomorrow night i'll still question what the hell Micky is playing at.

Yes, I was slating McLeod, because he needs to shift some weight. But that was largely due to his inclusion AHEAD of Thornton. Now, we'll probably have BOTH of them on the bench! Ridiculous!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Yeah at the current moment we can't make another loan signing as we already have five you can have as many as you like over the course of the season but only five in a given time period
Don't think so, you can only PICK five but sign as many as you like. It's somewhat counterintuitive to do that but it can be done I'm sure.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I can't even be arsed to have this debate. When we've signed a striker i'll be happy, but when we're resorting to pushing Colin f***ing Hawkins up front in the last 15 minutes tomorrow night i'll still question what the hell Micky is playing at.

Yes, I was slating McLeod, because he needs to shift some weight. But that was largely due to his inclusion AHEAD of Thornton. Now, we'll probably have BOTH of them on the bench! Ridiculous!

You happy? :lol: Don't make me f***ing laugh.What you need is your first girlfriend.Perhaps then you won't have such a negative outlook on life.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Yeah at the current moment we can't make another loan signing as we already have five you can have as many as you like over the course of the season but only five in a given time period

hmmm thought i put that earlier :bla:

NO

We can have as many as we want, could sign two more tomorrow if we want.

However only 5 of our loanees can make the matchday 16

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
That second option would NEVER score a goal. We'd effectively be playing for a 0-0.

If we don't sign a striker, I reckon McLeod or Anyinsah will be upfront alongside Virgo and BRAD in midfield.

Score a goal? What the f*** would we want to do that for, against such a BIG club as Leicester Micky will SURELY be playing for another 0-0.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Brett my good man, the phrase that comes to mind is clutching at straws. Most of those you mention are PROVEN to be not good enough, and 'do a job' is not exactly a ringing endorsement. Is that really what you want? People who can 'do a job'? I think we're better than that. Get rid of the dross like Fraser and El Abd. They're NEVER going to be good enough in a league one midfield, so let's concentrate on bringing people in who are.

You say McLeod and Anyinsah are good enough out wide, but one is unfit and one is needed upfront. Cox, this season at least, has been rubbish. In the middle, Savage hasn't pulled up many trees, Fraser and El Abd are pointless, Loft isn't good enough to start games against Leicester, Thomson is mediocre, Chamberlain is a kid. The ONLY one I actually want to see in there is Thornton.

Nonsense. A midfield of:

McLeod Livermore Savage Thornton

is as good as any in this division (all four players have spent the last few seasons playing in either the Championship or The Premiership).

Unfortunately, that hasn't happened because Micky fucks around with Livermore's position and then drops him, and leaves the outstanding Thornton on the bench. If he had played that midfield four in the last few games (with Murray and Anyinsah up top) we wouldn't need to get this Bradley Johnson in, because we would have won a couple of them.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Nonsense. A midfield of:

McLeod Livermore Savage Thornton

is as good as any in this division (all four players have spent the last few seasons playing in either the Championship or The Premiership).

Unfortunately, that hasn't happened because Micky fucks around with Livermore's position and then drops him, and leaves the outstanding Thornton on the bench. If he had played that midfield four in the last few games (with Murray and Anyinsah up top) we wouldn't need to get this Bradley Johnson in, because we would have won a couple of them.

Correct.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

hmmm thought i put that earlier :bla:

you did but you are wrong there is no limit to how many you can sign the limit is how many we can name in a squad and that is 5.

MA said he is still trying to sign a striker for tomorrow what would people rather we do; play with a team that has not a cat in hells chance of scoring or bring in somebody who may be able to find the net.

WW why are you concerned about the wages that we are playing it is not coming out of your pocket and I am sure that after what we have been through the board would not permit spending that could not be covered in some way by somebody; so relax and hope for a good result to morrow and Saturday to kick start out season.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
WW why are you concerned about the wages that we are playing it is not coming out of your pocket and I am sure that after what we have been through the board would not permit spending that could not be covered in some way by somebody; so relax and hope for a good result to morrow and Saturday to kick start out season.[/QUOTE]

And then wake up again!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
We'll have to rename the team soon, Albion touring XI or something.

Does anyone else look back to last season and wish we were giving our youngsters a chance and some experience rather than helping out an old mate to get fit or blooding someone elses youngsters for them?

I wouldn't mind if it meant we were winning but we're not!! I would rather pay to watch proper Albion players fighting for their places than someone who is here for a short time and then goes back to some other club a better fitter player.

An emergency loan for a striker would obviously make sense but can't see why we need more and more midfielders. Shuffling the pack every week is always a mistake, just decide who your best four are and give them a run.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
A view from a Leeds fan on Johnson

Pretty much what was said above, guaranteed to give 100% and i think he'll prove to be a good signing. Think he'd get into most teams in this league but we have a lot of quality in midfield and so surplus to requirements at Elland Road for Macca. A lot of Leeds fans are a bit disappointed by this as he was one of our best young players last season

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
From what I've seen of him he's a very good player and is exactly what we need.
I know we need a striker but i was very pleased to see this signing.

Sullivan
Whing Elphick Virgo Richards
Livermore Thomson
Robinson Johnson Thornton
Anyinsah

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Brighton sign nobody = Thicky Adams is useless.

Signing somebody = Thicky Adams is useless.

God, anyone remember when NSC was worth reading?

nope :p

but just to be different - Micky Adams will come good and Bradders will be the loanee we need

SEAAAAAAAAAAAAGULLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSS:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here