Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bradley Johnson

blue and white army

Jan 31, 2008
Brighton
Five is the short term limit e.g. Richards, Thornton, Anyinsah, Savage and Johnson but ten different loan signings over the course of the season, send Savage back and bring in a striker :rant:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Brett my good man, the phrase that comes to mind is clutching at straws. Most of those you mention are PROVEN to be not good enough, and 'do a job' is not exactly a ringing endorsement. Is that really what you want? People who can 'do a job'? I think we're better than that. Get rid of the dross like Fraser and El Abd. They're NEVER going to be good enough in a league one midfield, so let's concentrate on bringing people in who are.

You say McLeod and Anyinsah are good enough out wide, but one is unfit and one is needed upfront. Cox, this season at least, has been rubbish. In the middle, Savage hasn't pulled up many trees, Fraser and El Abd are pointless, Loft isn't good enough to start games against Leicester, Thomson is mediocre, Chamberlain is a kid. The ONLY one I actually want to see in there is Thornton.

Centre Midfielders

Livermore would be good if Adams did the decent thing and played him in a position which he played and got Hull promoted to the Premier League.

Savage has done well apart from the last 2 games, but people slate him for looking for the ball and giving it to another Brighton player.

Thornton has always done well apart from Leeds and is the best bench warm possibly in the history of the club

Fraser, despite what you think, I like him, he has more skill than you give him credit for and his desire is probably the best at the club.

Thomson keeps disappointing
El Abd looks well out of position, but is a stop gap
Loft played a blinder against Man City but not played a minute since

McLeod needs to get fit, Cox just cant perform well for more than 15 minutes, Robinson just has mental issues that stop his undoubted talent. Anyinsah will probably play upfront your right, but as its Leicester I think we will play 4-5-1 with Virgo up on his own

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Brighton sign nobody = Thicky Adams is useless.

Signing somebody = Thicky Adams is useless.

God, anyone remember when NSC was worth reading?
Not really no. But you still make a good point, needless whining about everything gives complaining a bad name. :lol:

This seems a good signing, he was highly rated at Northampton and despite the weight of numbers our midfield is still shit (Livermore has not been given a decent chance but the rest - no thanks). Johnson is a central player as well so there's no point bringing wingers into the "debate".

I don't rate Adams but I'm still sure he knows enough that we need a striker too.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Oh right - even better. I thought we were allowed 10 loans a season, but if there is actually NO limit then what is there to POSSIBLY moan about?

I really don't get this. If it's a choice between no new signing or a new midfielder, SURELY the new midfielder is a better option?

It's NOT a choice between 'no new signing' or a new midfielder though. We're spunking MORE wages on a League 1 cast off who plays the same position as Thornton ANd McLeod! No, Adams clearly can't find a striker, so makes another pointless midfield addition instead, meaning NO chance of the centre forward we DESPERATELY need. :nono:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
So now with a DESPERATE situation where we need a goalie and a striker we have

Thomson
Livermore
Savage
Thornton
Fraser
Loft
Robinson
Cox
Anyinsah
El Abd
McLeod
Chamberlain

and now JOHNSON

Fairplay, but it doesn't mean we don't need him. He was probably on the radadr anyway

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
It's NOT a choice between 'no new signing' or a new midfielder though. We're spunking MORE wages on a League 1 cast off who plays the same position as Thornton ANd McLeod! No, Adams clearly can't find a striker, so makes another pointless midfield addition instead, meaning NO chance of the centre forward we DESPERATELY need. :nono:

You really are a thick shit. "League one cast off" That's why Leeds paid a lot of money for him is it? And that's why Leeds played him in their starting 11 for most of the season?

Adams is clearly still looking for stirker. You are just a tosser.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
You really are a thick shit. "League one cast off" That's why Leeds paid a lot of money for him is it? And that's why Leeds played him in their starting 11 for most of the season?

Adams is clearly still looking for stirker. You are just a tosser.

:lolol:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I agree Livermore needs to be given a run of games in the middle, but Savage won't be here in a week and Thornton is unfit. I really think that, while not short on quantity, we are short on quality in the middle. This guy sounds pretty good, so it can't be a BAD thing surely? As for Doug, I do think he has something to offer, but it's certainly not in central midfield for the whole 90 minutes.

I have a weird feeling that this new Johnson will play upfront with Virgo tomorrow.

Or Virgo will play upfront on his own infront of a midfield 5 of

Anyinsah Savage Johnson El Abd McLeod

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here