Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournmouth - 1st sell out?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I know its on Sky, but even still Bournemouth should be more a less selling out that end in my opinion. A team second/third in the league should take more than 500 fans to a top of the table clash even if it is a shocking away end. We took that many to Carlisle.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I know its on Sky, but even still Bournemouth should be more a less selling out that end in my opinion. A team second/third in the league should take more than 500 fans to a top of the table clash even if it is a shocking away end. We took that many to Carlisle.

Indeed we did take that many and we had a good view and when it rained we stayed dry..........

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
we took 1500 to Charlton first game of the season, 4500 to Southampton in the Carling cup last month and 3200 to them again yesterday (although to be fair we could have sold 5000).....and we had loads in the home end.

We have a good home counties exile following, however many of us just feel a bit flat at the moment, for some reason the game against you hasnt even been mentioned on our forums.

Yesterday was marred by some troublesome scenes in the ground and outside and I think a few people just need to draw breath and get a grip and get it out out of their system.

I also think the club are showing it live in an effort to entice fans into the supporters club and obtain some dosh...

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
we took 1500 to Charlton first game of the season, 4500 to Southampton in the Carling cup last month and 3200 to them again yesterday (although to be fair we could have sold 5000).....and we had loads in the home end.

We have a good home counties exile following, however many of us just feel a bit flat at the moment, for some reason the game against you hasnt even been mentioned on our forums.

Yesterday was marred by some troublesome scenes in the ground and outside and I think a few people just need to draw breath and get a grip and get it out out of their system.

I also think the club are showing it live in an effort to entice fans into the supporters club and obtain some dosh...

So how many are you going to bring?

Less than a 1000 tickets on sell now.

477 in East stand
93 in South A
8 in South B
18 in South H
385 in South J

Total = 981

Currently selling about 100 a day, so reckon that about 500 tickets will remain unsold + 100 in the teeny weeny stand + say 300 in Bournemoth end. With 450 no shows, I am expecting a crowd of 7,500

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You say that, but we can't sell out the home end.

Withdean is a crap place to watch football, and it's on Sky. I expect Bournemouth to bring around 5-600.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

Lets not flatter yourselves:facepalm:
Southampton is a long trip for you:lolol:

How many did you take to oldham?:lolol:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
if i had to go to the worst away stand in the football league, get soaking wet and pay £25 for the privilege of entry alone when i could just go to the pub or stay at home and watch the game, i know exactly what i would do

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
if i had to go to the worst away stand in the football league, get soaking wet and pay £25 for the privilege of entry alone when i could just go to the pub or stay at home and watch the game, i know exactly what i would do

It's only £21 to get in now. What a STEAL!

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
How come your not selling out each time? Your top of the table, playing attractive football and it shouldnt be difficult selling out a relatively small ground should it??

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
you mean we soon got rolled over by the referee. You were the better team without doubt, however two very dodgy penalty decisions by the ref ensured your win as you really didnt look like scoring from open play.

We dont think of you as rivals (how can we, we have hardly met)but we do call you scummers i admit, we have for the last 30 odd years. We dont like you because everywhere we go we come across the same condescending premiership attitude from your fans (as you are displaying now) which is ridiculous considering a hefty portion of your support comes from Dorset and really should support their home town/ club.

I cant see us selling out next reason for obvious reasons, its on TV and the away end situation, 500-600 should be realistic, although I would loved to be proved wrong!

First pen was pure stupidity from your guy and as for the 2nd, the ref will always give it if you charge into the back of someone as they are about to shoot. Apart from that you couldnt handle our wing play, fouling us again and again ultimultaley resulting in a red card.

Seagulls4life

Jul 30, 2010
Brighton
How come your not selling out each time? Your top of the table, playing attractive football and it shouldnt be difficult selling out a relatively small ground should it??

Because some people can't afford our ridiculous prices and simply because the stadium is utter shit

Jesus wept. You really do love tapping away at this. We've lost generations of fans thanks to being potless, homeless and playing shit football in a shit ground for sky high prices. We've had 14 years of it. But you knew all this. Save the condescension for Bournemouth please.

dje shoreham

Nov 2, 2009
I am very wary of the BBC 5 day weather forecast - however i hope the 18 degrees and sunny forecast for Saturday is right. Its always the last stand to sell out but at least you get a suntan in the W stand! Should help the attendance.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Why flat? By all accounts you've been playing good football, scoring goals and (with all due respect) rather dramatically exceeding expectations...how can you, of all clubs, be feeling flat? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here