Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth willing to let Murray leave on a free

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Bournemouth will be holding out for a club desparate enough to pay a fee on transfer deadline day.

Hope we've sorted out our 2 new strikers way before then.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
if Murray is that desperate to play for the Albion he would pay any fee himself
and its still a NO from me
someone younger and a little more thrusting thankyou

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Bournemouth holding out for £1M+ for a 33 year old
What with their £170M sky money again this year must be really desperate for that extra £1M
Shame we let them have our 2 defenders For next to nothing Elphick & Cook that have helped them get promotion and stay in the top flight
Hope they get relegated

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bournemouth holding out for £1M+ for a 33 year old
What with their £170M sky money again this year must be really desperate for that extra £1M
Shame we let them have our 2 defenders For next to nothing Elphick & Cook that have helped them get promotion and stay in the top flight
Hope they get relegated

a transfer fee of £1m plus a sensible wage demand would make him a cheap proven struiker for this division hence Reading Fulham and QPR said to be interested.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
a transfer fee of £1m plus a sensible wage demand would make him a cheap proven struiker for this division hence Reading Fulham and QPR said to be interested.
Why will there be a sensible wage demand ?

He is on 30K per week for 2 years just for turning up to training.

He'll never get another contract like it, so why won't he just stay put and count his increasing amount of coins ?

It'll cost Bournemouth to shift him, and they are unlikely to do it by asking for a transfer fee.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

He's not cheap. If Reading, QPR and Fulham were prepared to cough up Bournemouth's initial demands / fee/ wages then no doubt a deal would already have been done.
But they aren't and they haven't. Albion, are as interested as the rest of em but all of em , I suspect, but are wary of paying a £m fee for a 33 year old with no resell value and potentially high(er) wages than the rest of their squad.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He's not cheap. If Reading, QPR and Fulham were prepared to cough up Bournemouth's initial demands / fee/ wages then no doubt a deal would already have been done.
But they aren't and they haven't. Albion, are as interested as the rest of em but all of em , I suspect, but are wary of paying a £m fee for a 33 year old with no resell value and potentially high(er) wages than the rest of their squad.

In one sense, £1M transfer fee, plus £3M in wages (two years at £30K a week), £4M in total, doesn't seem unreasonable. But if I understand correctly, £30K a week would break our wage structure somewhat, and might leave the rest of the team feeling pretty disgruntled, thus losing a large chunk of the togetherness that has helped so dramatically this season.

Hmmm ..... a tricky one! I think it's marginally a 'no' for me.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I doubt we'll pay more than 20K per week to Murray, so if Bournemouth want to stop paying him £1.5 million this year and next year they will have to take a financial hit to make a deal possible.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why will there be a sensible wage demand ?

He is on 30K per week for 2 years just for turning up to training.

He'll never get another contract like it, so why won't he just stay put and count his increasing amount of coins ?

It'll cost Bournemouth to shift him, and they are unlikely to do it by asking for a transfer fee.

He must be quite comfortable so perhaps he would accept a lower wage and play evsry week near home with no travelling to training. I do not know as per anybody else.what his attitude would be to that prospect. My post of it being cheap is based on the fact the quoted £1m is correct.

Last edited:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
It's a no from me.

Would have liked him on loan to help us over the line but any major expense on a 33 year old who hasn't played much football for 2 seasons isn't really what we need.

I'd rather we spend some money on a Baldock upgrade to play alongside Hemed and then maybe a season long loan for a Hemed backup/ competition.

Shippers

Jan 12, 2016
Bournemouth are stuck with him, as in not in match day squad and taking 30k aweek for no real return. So why panda to a fee plus match his current wage? It's all a game, clubs will take him on but wan to pay zero fee, and smaller wage but Bournemouth will market him as best they can and hold out right to last min.
only worth 10k a week tops imo for 1 season with option at his age.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
someone younger and a little more thrusting thankyou
Have you been dumped?

In one sense, £1M transfer fee, plus £3M in wages (two years at £30K a week), £4M in total, doesn't seem unreasonable.
That seems pretty unreasonable to me. We don't need to be spending £2m a year with no hope of recouping it.
But if I understand correctly, £30K a week would break our wage structure somewhat, and might leave the rest of the team feeling pretty disgruntled, thus losing a large chunk of the togetherness that has helped so dramatically this season.

Hmmm ..... a tricky one! I think it's marginally a 'no' for me.
It's a massive 'no ****ing way!' from me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here