Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth willing to let Murray leave on a free

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Christ on a bike page 18 on a player reportedly on £30k a week who is getting close to the twilight of his career.

Let us move on, that kind of money is reserved for the Premiership and we should not be looking to spend anywhere near that. We should be looking at young fresh exciting blood from abroad not journey men, and over priced nearly men.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Can you name a player who could replace BZ more effectively?

It's not my job to scout players, the club have people looking at potential signings from all around the globe so it's likely to have found a few to try sign but more likely to be someone you haven't heard of (maybe someone like a Jonathan calleri or Vicente type target)

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Christ on a bike page 18 on a player reportedly on £30k a week who is getting close to the twilight of his career.

Let us move on, that kind of money is reserved for the Premiership and we should not be looking to spend anywhere near that. We should be looking at young fresh exciting blood from abroad not journey men, and over priced nearly men.

Amen to that.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's not my job to scout players, the club have people looking at potential signings from all around the globe so it's likely to have found a few to try sign but more likely to be someone you haven't heard of (maybe someone like a Jonathan calleri or Vicente type target)

I accept that it is not your job but this is a fans forum for them to express views and many are quick to slate those who favour GM or are prepared write of GM as an expensive waste so I am just asking if that is your view what is the alternative in your opinion.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Completely agree. Murray on a reasonable deal would be a decent option. 30K a week is not a reasonable deal. If you listen to some on here, you would think he's Messi and Ronaldo combined.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I accept that it is not your job but this is a fans forum for them to express views and many are quick to slate those who favour GM or are prepared write of GM as an expensive waste so I am just asking if that is your view what is the alternative in your opinion.

For £30K a week we could get almost anyone in the Championship. I know the argument is they would cost a transfer fee but Murray on £30K a week, even on a free, might upset a lot of players as I doubt any of our current players get close to that.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
If Murray wasn't an ex Brighton or Palace player and had an identical goal scoring record at other clubs we'd be delighted to have him in the squad. It's as simple as that in my eyes. He's 32/33, hardly past it and has never based his game on pace. He's a clever player. Bobby Zamora is two years older. We were delighted to have him back and he did a good job. If he's available at the right money. I think he is a player the club should be considering.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Have we not tried that route before with CMS.

Meaning what, you don't go after anyone from a lower league no matter how prolific?

Jamie Vardy did quite well in the PL for Leicester seeing his previous clubs were FC Halifax Town (37 games, 27 goals) and Fleetwood Town (36 games, 31 goals)

Bobby Z, when we first signed him, was a reserve at Bristol Rovers (a Division 2 team) and had only played 4 league games in his entire career - pretty sure he did ok

Going for a known player doesn't guarantee they will succeed (Torres to Chelsea)

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Bournemouth say they want someone to take on the £30k but that doesn't mean it will happen. That's what they want ideally but for that to happen you have to have a club that want to take on that salary and you also need Murray to want to go to that club! If Murray doesn't want to play for Fulham for example, then Bournemouth need to do a deal. If they want his £30k of there books then they might have to meet halfway.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He is 33 in September and earning big bucks at Bournemouth - we need to be careful here. This one could go 'Vydra' as B-Muff and Howe hold out for big big money whilst waiting for a tinpot overspending mug club like Reading to come along and snaffle him up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fortunately for many on NSC, if the transfer doesn't work out this summer, I'm sure we'll pick it up again in 12 months time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here