Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth willing to let Murray leave on a free

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You wonder how many agents are touting their man to Chris / Paul Winstanley? We've missed out on automatic promotion by a whisker and our list of wingers reads Knockaert, Skalak, March, Murphy and KLL. That's a target man's sweet trolley!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
We should be looking to do better than Murray. Fair enough to have him as a back-up replacement for zamora but his recent record suggests he's not the main man to see us finish above newcastle, norwich etc .

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I may have misread it that Bournemouth are prepared to let him go free if somebody takes over his contract but not that it had to be exactly as is. Surely once they have released him it is up to him to get the best available contract which may be stay at Bournemouth on £30k per week and not play or go to another club for less and play each week. It depends on what he really wants as either way it wont cost Bournemouth and also save them £30k per week if he leaves as not being in their future plans.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Without doubt he would be the perfect replacement for Bobby, someone to come off the bench to hold our lead or try and nick one, or if need be start if Hemed is struggling for goals/too tired. He would score goals in this team, no question.

Murray and Hemed can share the burden of the target man - that should leave money available for a quality poacher in the second striker role with Baldock/A N other as back up.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I may have misread it that Bournemouth are prepared to let him go free if somebody takes over his contract but not that it had to be exactly as is. Surely once they have released him it is up to him to get the best available contract which may be stay at Bournemouth on £30k per week and not play or go to another club for less and play each week. It depends on what he really wants as either way it wont cost Bournemouth and also save them £30k per week if he leaves as not being in their future plans.

They won't release him till someone has agreed to take over the contract, otherwise they would have to pay him off

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I don't think Murray is that good. He's decent but he has only ever had one season at this level where he got that many goals. He would certainly not guarantee promotion and potentially would upset other players as I doubt many of them are on £30K a week.

Seriously???

He's only played two full seasons in this division, both for Palace. In his first, he got 7 goals in 44 appearances, not a good return but then their top scorer, Ambrose, only got 10. Perhaps that says more about the team as a whole. Second season he got 31 in total in 43 appearances. He had a loan spell with Reading where he got 8 in 18 appearances. So that's 46 goals in 105 appearances (includes 2 cup goals).

Personally, think he would be a great addition to the team and almost certainly more prolific than Baldock!!!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

They won't release him as they have a contract with him, and have to pay him £30k a week.

He won't agree to a lower amount per week because he has a contract for 3 years at £30k a week.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We should be looking to do better than Murray. Fair enough to have him as a back-up replacement for zamora

We should be looking to upgrade in all positions wherever possible, including back-up squad. Current day GM would be a definite upgrade on current day BZ. And that's not to disrespect BZ in any way. And it's probably a buyer's market for this particular transaction so we should be able to get a decent deal done.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think it is certain he would subject to fitness, be either a starter or on the bench every game coming on in many if not all of them.

... at Brighton / not Whitehawk!! ;-)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes at BHA as you only have to remember the number of times CH substituted both strikers so GM would be great for 1 to start and blow himself out in 50 - 60 mins then be replaced by the other.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
bench warmer these days

his career will go full circle and end up back at Rochdale

who finished a very respectable 10th in div 3 last year

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
There's an awful lot of conjecture being put across as fact in this thread.
I cannot believe so many people cannot recognise class, even when it's right in front of them.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Personally, think he would be a great addition to the team and almost certainly more prolific than Baldock!!!

this would be true but also not a like for like comparison. Baldock (and Hemed) is covering alot of ground and making up an extra man in midfield. Murray isnt going to do that, so he'd more likely be alongside Baldock, replacing Hemed.

going back to that goal/game analysis, the thing that concerns me is why he hasnt had more games, why Palace decided he was surplus, why Reading didnt play him much, why Bournmouth seem happy to let him go. theres been an injury, is he even properly fit yet?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I would have him like a shot ! Bobby's replacement and use him in a similar way

IF Glenn were to sign, (and note the big IF), I feel sure he would, unlike Bobby, demand regular first team football.

Would Chris Hughton be prepared to start Glenn and Tomer Hemed together? I think not, after all, he didn't play two out and out target men up top very often this past season.

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
And he scored how many goals this season? He is proven at this level, and certainly younger than Murray.

He is not long term - but could score the goals that get us to the Premiership.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here