Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth willing to let Murray leave on a free

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
On the first point, Murray has an agent, he will absolutely make sure Glenn Murray makes as much money as possible from what will very likely be his last contract as a player, I would suggest he will say, here is a player that was worth £4 Million just one year ago, we want a minimum £500k signing on fee. If you think he will just sign for the love of playing for Brighton, then i would suggest he would have accepted the terms offered to him before he left.

On the second point, even on a two year contract, with the signing on fee, you are looking at £3.5 Million for a 33 year old player who has not played regular football for the last 3 seasons, i dont really care which way you twist the figures that is a huge amount of money that can be better spent elsewhere.

If He can stay fit, he may have scored the goals, or he may not have stayed fit and joined Bobby Zamora in the treatment room, very big IF.

Again If he can stay fit.

Our aim for next season is top two, we are talking about a player who has been deemed not good enough for the premier league by both Crystal Palace and Bournemouth, in fact i believe Reading even had the chance to make his deal permanent after his loan there, they chose not to, i have no idea why, maybe they thought he isn't the player he once was, even at Championship level.

Bournemouth paid a rediculous amount for him, on huge wages, why the hell should we bail them out, let him bleed them dry, we can do better.

:thumbsup:

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Oh for the love of god there will be thousands of players on the move globally this summer we don't need to chase ex players. The club and most of us have moved on ( having said that I have never forgot or forgiven Tranmere away). We want and now expect better things to come after this magnificent season including future players in. I think we will spunk the cash bigtime on a quality striker and again go for a young premier league starlet to supplement the attack.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Is anyone else begining to find this relentless desire to re-sign ex-players a bit tedious?

With our scouting and recruitment team, I'd prefer them to find us another Ulloa or £100k Zamora.
I don't get all this "32 year-old will / would take us up" - needs someone younger that will take us up and then keep us there for a few years.

So, it's a "no" from me .....

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
no we weren't - nothing like it

You seem quite sure. Bobby WAS on a lot at QPR, when fit still looked like a Prem striker and he outscored Baldock and Wilson with considerably less game time. Surely he can't have been on less than £20K p.w?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
To be honest I hope we're looking for a better, younger striker than Murray. I like him obviously and I'd have him back but it would be as a back-up to whomever our first choice would be.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Surely wages would be down to Murray and Brighton and nothing to do with Bournemouth?

True but you'd quoted me regarding the loan and not the free transfer. In terms of the loan negotiation it's my understanding that we couldn't reach an agreement between the two parties on the terms - i.e. loan fee and proportion of wages we'd pay.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
You seem quite sure. Bobby WAS on a lot at QPR, when fit still looked like a Prem striker and he outscored Baldock and Wilson with considerably less game time. Surely he can't have been on less than £20K p.w?

Bearing in mind he was never going to get much gametime due to age and predisposition to injury (which proved correct), I would be surprised if he was on any more than £10k per week. Half a million quid for relatively little match time seems a reasonable deal all round bearing in mind he scored 7 goals. (£70k a goal)

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide

knock it in half and you are nearer the mark - dunno about image rights and all those extra bits

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
That's a tough ask.

Anyone would think NSC has been unhappy by this seasons recruits.

We've had the most exciting season since football began #skysports.
A fantastic influx of brilliant players, perfectly complimenting those already here.
Yet, even though the seasons corpse is still warm the clamour begins for Murray and Barnes.

I loved it when we signed Bong.
Nobody had heard of him.
Even the fans at Wigan away that watched him play hadn't heard of him.
Yet were it not for injury he may well have ended up Player of the Season.

Skalak's goal - Skalak's goal - say no more.
Connor Goldson - Just how gutted where we when he went off injured?

Every (bar one) new arrival has made a massive mark in Albion folklore and yet it 'Murray & Barnes please'.

My major reservation for this summer is:-

'Shirley the recruitment team can't be that good again, can it?'
Agree with every word !

( Although, as an exception, I think Leo would be decent for us if he came back ).

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Let him go on a free, but loan hi to Brighton for the run in - no. I don't like their manager much.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Because his opinion of his ability doesn't match most other peoples.
In short, thinks he's too good for low to mid PL teams

Love that use of 'low to mid' suggesting Norwich and Palace might have placed 12th or so. The word you're looking for is just 'low'.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
That's a tough ask.

Anyone would think NSC has been unhappy by this seasons recruits.

We've had the most exciting season since football began #skysports.
A fantastic influx of brilliant players, perfectly complimenting those already here.
Yet, even though the seasons corpse is still warm the clamour begins for Murray and Barnes.

I loved it when we signed Bong.
Nobody had heard of him.
Even the fans at Wigan away that watched him play hadn't heard of him.
Yet were it not for injury he may well have ended up Player of the Season.

Skalak's goal - Skalak's goal - say no more.
Connor Goldson - Just how gutted where we when he went off injured?

Every (bar one) new arrival has made a massive mark in Albion folklore and yet it 'Murray & Barnes please'.

My major reservation for this summer is:-

'Shirley the recruitment team can't be that good again, can it?'

You could add peeps being underwhelmed by Knockers signing because he wasn't the 'star' forward....look how that one turned out

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
True but you'd quoted me regarding the loan and not the free transfer. In terms of the loan negotiation it's my understanding that we couldn't reach an agreement between the two parties on the terms - i.e. loan fee and proportion of wages we'd pay.

It certainly aligns to other comments I've heard that the club don't like paying big money for loans given no residual value. Given vydra was c2m to loan and Hemed was roughly the same cost, delivered more and has a potential return then your can understand it. (i do recognise thay vydra talks were after we had signed tomer buy you know the point I'm making)

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
Invest the money instead - get McCormack in

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here