Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth v Brighton - Official Match Thread

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
First half was absolute turd. With the exception of Bas and Sexy George we were a DISGRACE, and possibly lucky to go in at 0-0.

Second half was miles better, and we deserved the win. In fact, I'm struggling to remember a single Bournemouth shot/chance in the second half, such was our domination. Richards also went from being pretty useless in the first to a decent left-back in the second. Hammond remains anonymous though - at one point I actually wondered if he was playing. Still, full marks to the rest of them for that second half.

A good assessment....although Coxy had a reasonable first half. Richards was APPALLING....I cannot believe he is getting in the side ahead of Rents. OK, he had a decent Bournemouth right-winger against him, but even when he got the ball his distribution was awful. I can't quite work out what changed in the second half, apart from us scoring very early. Bournemouth seemed to stop playing down their right, and Cox was more defensive. I don't really think Richards played that much better. I wouldn't get too carried away with this result, though, as at times we looked distinctly average - and I lost count of the times two defenders went for the same ball in the air. Several times this could easily have cost us a goal if the ball had fallen more kindly for Bmuff.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
:nono:
Unlike you Man of Harveys....constructive discussion ..difference of opinions...:rolleyes:

Having had the missfortune of reading you opinions earlier on this thread I wonder how you have the nerve to claim anything you say is constructive. it reads to me that basically you resent Wilkins inability to get a bunch of youth teamers, journeymen and Ipswich rejects playing as attractive football as Arsenal.

You need a reality check.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Don't agree with the comment about Hammond. Again as said on here before he did the unglamorous very well, and was the often the player with the foot in or a block at the right time.

First half wwe let a very very poor Bournemouth team dominate us, but we upped our game a little in the second half and they couldn't cope. Second half Bournemouth didn't really get a sniff. Still thought Anderton was quality for them. Found the man every time.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
absolute bloody crap tonight, Bournemouth were awful so were we, I can see us really struggling this year, no pattern, no real tactics, just 2 good moves to score, that was about it really.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
away win at bournemouth 'absolute bloody crap'? i cant catch my breath!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If we had not won this we deserved a lynching

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
absolute bloody crap tonight, Bournemouth were awful so were we, I can see us really struggling this year, no pattern, no real tactics, just 2 good moves to score, that was about it really.

:D:D And people say i moan!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
it was well worth the entrance fee alone to see richards nearly costing us a goal with what can only be described as a russian dance over the ball. actually, bas getting absolutely hammered in the bollocks was arguably the best bit - although in fairness, such is the size of his penis, i imagine if it hit him in the knee it would catch it

good to see that within a minute of wilkins appearance in the dug out, we had scored. and was he wearing a SUIT?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Very average performance tonight and we beat a very poor side.

Still 4 points out of 6 away from home is a good return but not all teams will be as poor as Bournemouth and we will have to up our game to remain in the upper half of the table.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
In the Queens Park pub before the game we were talking to a Brighton fan from Ontario.
He has never seen us lose a game whenever he comes over. He's here for a fortnight and will be at Withdean on Saturday.
I think we ought to club together to get him a season ticket and for his air fares. :lol:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Last night was a job done. To be honest I can't get wildly excited about beating a bottom of the table team with only thirteen fit players. Still it's three points away and that's what was required.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Well done to Dean and the boys.

A win is a win and it's 3 points we didn't have at the start of the day.

Let's hope the team is sponsored by a cheese making company when we move into our new ground.

It'll go well with some people's whine.

Last edited:

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
. it reads to me that basically you resent Wilkins inability to get a bunch of youth teamers, journeymen and Ipswich rejects playing as attractive football as Arsenal.

my point was I dont understand why we play "sit and soak it up tactics" againsts teams we can attack and beat ..we let points get away with our less than positive approach at Gillingham and Crewe and possibly Tranmere

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
I was there...an away win is always special. As has been said already, you play whoever is put in front of you and if you win then fine!

Hammond not totally anonymous btw-he defends very effectivelyall over the pitch;it is easy to miss this. We look solid as usual at centre back. Savage offers something unexpected.

Does anyone else think the overall standard in this division is the worst ever though?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here