Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth v Brighton - Official Match Thread

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I haven't been away this season, but from what I've heard, we've been fairly unlucky on the road (except Gillingham which sounded gash). The home performances have been an improvement on last season, so I'm just dandy thanks. I would have been happy with us sitting in the top half of the table after nine games this season.

I just get very bored with the unrealistic expectations that so many fans seem to have and the constant negativity. We just got a credible draw at Swansea and are winning away at Bournemouth. Is that not a good thing? Do you think your reactions to us scoring are a little odd for a "fan"?

D

Deleted User X18H

Ernest speaks sense Wilkns will change it around again Saturday and we will be shit

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
..but in general do you think performance have been good enough?

You may have indulge us with your definition of "enough", I'm struggling to understand what you would be expecting.

They've been good "enough" to get us a point short of play offs, a fifth of the way into the season.

For what it's worth, I've only been to Yeovil so far. Second half was better than anything I saw last year, possibly even the year before.

Personally, I think we're more than good enough. It's our consistency that will govern where we end, that and an ability to grind out results when things aren't going well.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
I just get very bored with the unrealistic expectations that so many fans seem to have and the constant negativity.

You are right...We do need to be realistic...mid table will be more than acceptable to me ...and many others...its the way we go about some of the games that pisses me off..I want to see them have a go regardless of winning or losing..I think we are often too negative in our approach

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Yep, every silver lining has a f*** off big cloud.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets pissedoff with all the pathetic whining. You would have thought 4 points from 2 away games would please people, but we're obviously going to lose on saturday so lets not enjoy tonight's win.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
You are right...We do need to be realistic...mid table will be more than acceptable to me ...and many others...its the way we go about some of the games that pisses me off..I want to see them have a go regardless of winning or losing..I think we are often too negative in our approach

Sounds like you need to get yourself off to White Hart Lane. They're rewriting the text book on the cavalier approach that you're craving and isn't it serving them well?

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004

Do people generally believe that we purposefully approach games in particular ways, either positively or negatively, or is it just the consequence of how other teams are playing against us?

I'm not having a go, just interested in people's thoughts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here