Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth v Brighton - Official Match Thread

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Does anyone else think the overall standard in this division is the worst ever though?
Haven't people *always* said this though? We're in division THREE, of course it's shit football. :D

I'lll agree with FRANK on this one - it was "job done" last night. Even if the only difference was two goal scoring opportunities successfully TUCKED away, that'll do me on a cold Tuesday night away from home - I don't care who we're playing.

I bet the Bournemouth boards are full of bumpkins moaning at how shite Brighton are and how the hell couldn't they even beat a side as crap as us. But that's the thing really - we're all shite in this league (except maybe 2 or 3 teams) but some are just consistently shite *every single* game - and they end up in division FOUR. Teams like Bournemouth, in fact.

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
Not really. I honestly think it was better last year with a number of fair away team perfomances at Withdean. 2001/2 better too.

Just my opinion like. I agree it was 'job done' last night.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not really. I honestly think it was better last year with a number of fair away team perfomances at Withdean. 2001/2 better too.

I must admit, it is quite alarming that Orient are top of the league. Although not for long, obviously.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I must admit, it is quite alarming that Orient are top of the league. Although not for long, obviously.

shows what two quality summer signings can do for a team

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Haven't people *always* said this though? We're in division THREE, of course it's shit football. :D

I'lll agree with FRANK on this one - it was "job done" last night. Even if the only difference was two goal scoring opportunities successfully TUCKED away, that'll do me on a cold Tuesday night away from home - I don't care who we're playing.

I bet the Bournemouth boards are full of bumpkins moaning at how shite Brighton are and how the hell couldn't they even beat a side as crap as us. But that's the thing really - we're all shite in this league (except maybe 2 or 3 teams) but some are just consistently shite *every single* game - and they end up in division FOUR. Teams like Bournemouth, in fact.

Indeed these are the games we normally come unstuck against, I was expecting a 1-0 defeat to be honest so I'm well happy.

Roll on Saturday! :drink:

Results suggest that teams came to Withdean last season trying to get goals.
But looking at the oppositions so far this season, not much has changed. Southend certainly weren't looking for a measly point! Yeovil got all 3.
Millwall just got completely outplayed before they could have any say in the matter, and N'hampton I didn't get to see.

Bristol Rovers' away record is not too shabby, 2 wins 2 draws and 0 losses on the road so far. We can expect them to make a fist of it, much like Southend did.
Saturday should be a cracking game, if Brighton are up for the challenge, and get it right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here