Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth fan in peace.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
we took 4000 midweek in the carling cup you numpty

Its not like your going to Plymouth midweek (388) is it ?

Thats your biggest derby game, with cheap tickets for a cup game, and about 20 miles away, if that i'd guess. Added to the fact you havent played them for years.

Oh, and if Plymouth on a tuesday comes into it (a game where i dont believe it was possible to get back on the train the same evening), where were all your fans at Tranmere? 230 ish you posted yesterday. There was 600 up there last week. Dont get into an argument about away support :lolol:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Hi guys, im an AFCB fan. Just wanted to say that im sorry, you were robbed of 3 points by a joke of a linesman, it was clearly outside the area and possibly even your free kick, too blurry to tell. Our team was shocking today, were usually a much better team than that! I have no idea what Symes was playing at, he should have been sent of for the elbow, not so much the incident with your keeper. Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season and hope to see you up the top of the league come the end of the season!

Respect to you for telling it how it is/was. Oh, & fair play to your support for enduring a crap performance & even crappier 'view'. Best of luck to ya. :thumbsup:

Guerrero

Jul 17, 2010
Near Alicante.Spain
Fair play Bruv for your comments.Don't spoil it by getting into a spat with the muppets.Most decent supporters will have appreciated your sentiments.Have a good season.

Just to say,it was a definate deliberate kick to the head.When seen on the box there is a movement TOWARDS the keepers head by the strikers foot.

All the best.:thumbsup:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Oh, f***ing hell!

The Seagulls fail to win a game at home and so out come all the men with clipboards counting the number of away fans.

To sum up:
- We didn't sell out the home end. Even in our tiny ground.
- The view from the away end is crap. Everyone knows it.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
This is posted on a Bmuff Forum, do you blame them for not coming ?

It comes with the tagline." After 15 mins my mate asked me if they'd kicked off yet." :lolol:

get-attachment.asp

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
At least they got to see the penalty.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Thats your biggest derby game, with cheap tickets for a cup game, and about 20 miles away, if that i'd guess. Added to the fact you havent played them for years.

Oh, and if Plymouth on a tuesday comes into it (a game where i dont believe it was possible to get back on the train the same evening), where were all your fans at Tranmere? 230 ish you posted yesterday. There was 600 up there last week. Dont get into an argument about away support :lolol:

Thread closed :thumbsup:

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
that Tranmere game coincided with the national zimmer frame and colostomy bag conference down here hence the poor crowd ;-)

which was a bloody shame as we pissed it and won 3-0

how did you on get against the bin dippers?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
did you sell out your home end?

just asking

Ignore him, more interested in the reaction rather than the substance of the post itself.

I thought it was a good turn out, early kick off SKY, rubbish view etc..

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
we took 4000 midweek in the carling cup you numpty

Its not like your going to Plymouth midweek (388) is it ?
Yeah your biggest game ever and how far away?:facepalm:
Yeah brilliant following to plymouth on a tuesday and we had 460 at carlisle the saturday before.

Come the end of the season we will be miles ahead of you anyway:p

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Just to say,it was a definate deliberate kick to the head.When seen on the box there is a movement TOWARDS the keepers head by the strikers foot.

I saw that several times and wasn't sure that there was a deliberate kick to the head, their player kept going in the same direction and our keeper was moving towards him...however, he made no attempt to jump or avoid the foot to head collision.

That said, how he didn't get a straight red for the elbow is a complete and utter mystery to me...if we had had a Danny Wilson or Steve Foster in the team today he would have left the field on a stretcher!

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I saw that several times and wasn't sure that there was a deliberate kick to the head, their player kept going in the same direction and our keeper was moving towards him...however, he made no attempt to jump or avoid the foot to head collision.

That said, how he didn't get a straight red for the elbow is a complete and utter mystery to me...if we had had a Danny Wilson or Steve Foster in the team today he would have left the field on a stretcher!

I thought all players at least make an effort to move their foot away from an opponents head which he did not in any way shape or form, sorry to say but that f***ing prick symes has put such a downer on the day for me and my boy, you kind of expect the ref to be blind and his assistants to fail to see anything they should but for a professional footballer to go in on another professional footballer in such a manner is shocking and just plain f***ing nasty IMO (and murray's elbow just after flapper restarted was not too clever either)

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I agree with you totally, most players do attempt to avoid a collision with the keeper...for many reasons, not least that they don't want to injure the keeper or themself, but also because historically refs protect the man between the sticks, anything that is near 50:50 will go in favour of the man wearing the gloves, less than that and you will probably get booked.

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
A nasty bastard that Symes.Lucky Elphick was either too honest or too dumb to go down.His challenge on Ankergram was nearly as bad as the one that smashed Cech's head in.Really nasty and uncalled for.
Someone will take him out big time soon.
He is like the El Abd of two years ago.
El Abd is now concentrating on his football rather than being a plastic hardman,and showing that he can play.

UTCIAD

Oct 9, 2010
What WAS pathetic was not selling out your away end.

Whilst I found the pub next to the ground and the people inside very welcoming, if I never again step foot in that ground or the sorrounding few yards, it will be too soon. It is shocking and it's not just me that thinks it, other away fans and even your own do.

I was going to go to the game but working until 6:30am and with it being on Sky, I decided to save my money.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
It is shocking and it's not just me that thinks it, other away fans and even your own do.

Spot on, it is shocking but when the alternative was oblivion it was a no brainer to move to Withdean...however, we are moving to a new stadium next season, which is likely to be second only to the Emirates in the classiness stakes...so, nobody is that bothered about where we are now...the promised land is looming large on the horizon. Be sure to visit when we are at Falmer, you will be most welcome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here