Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris Johnson - Ping Pong is coming home

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Fantastic and very funny speech, and I really feel sorry for those that can't enjoy it and have to gripe and moan. You must have very sad, boring lives.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Fantastic and very funny speech, and I really feel sorry for those that can't enjoy it and have to gripe and moan. You must have very sad, boring lives.

Just watched it, Brilliant, it's characters like BJ and speeches like that which seperate us from the boring ,PC, faceless politicians that other countries have to put up with (Gordon Brown take note).

:lolol:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Just watched the clip via the link, first time I had seen it in its entirity, the news last night only showed the last 30 seconds or so. When taken out of context the ping pong is coming home bit does sound a bit random, however when viewed with the rest of the clip it does display some sort of comic genius...Boris might be a bit of a foppish prat at times, but nobody can deny that he is funny!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It just goes to show what a f***ing shambles the UK is. The guy is a political tool. His has empty policies, sound bite politics and his administration is in a shambles. 3 out of the 7 advisers on his board have resigned since he appointed them. He does a bit of stand-up and everyone thinks he´s god.

No wonder the UK is such a mess.

BTW the way, I´m not bitter and leading a boring life as some suggested of those who knock this plonker. I´m sitting on a f***ing hot beach waiting for a 2 Many DJs gig at the moment.....life is okay.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
most of the news I saw wondered how the UK could put on 2012 games with 'just' £9 BILLION .?!

we cannot compare with the Beijing budget, as that was no doubrt backed by a country that has 20 times the amount of people living there.. most of which have embraced the olympic ideals.. (either that, or have been bribed/forced/hidden away from the cameras..)

isnt there enought lottery ££ sloshing about, to pay for this anyway?

i mean, how hard can it be to build a new stadium or two, arrange a few games, and charge people to come and watch?

someone is going to make squillions out of it, and i dont think it will be the greta british public.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It just goes to show what a f***ing shambles the UK is. The guy is a political tool. His has empty policies, sound bite politics and his administration is in a shambles. 3 out of the 7 advisers on his board have resigned since he appointed them. He does a bit of stand-up and everyone thinks he´s god.

No wonder the UK is such a mess.

BTW the way, I´m not bitter and leading a boring life as some suggested of those who knock this plonker. I´m sitting on a f***ing hot beach waiting for a 2 Many DJs gig at the moment.....life is okay.

The guy has more wit, repartee, personality and character in his little finger than his detractors. If people do not see this speak for the genius it is you just have to feel sad for their cynical bitter souls.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Imagine how boring that speech would have been if Ken had got back in.

Why do people think Ken delivers boring speeches? I've seen him do some excellent speeches and I'm sure the pride he had in the Olympics coming to London, the city he has lived in all his life, would have translated itself into an excellent speech.

I'm not doing down BJ's efforts, I'm just saying it is unfair to slate Ken when it must be remembered how much work he did to help secure the Olympics, and he must have had to deliver a rousing speech or two in that time.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The guy has more wit, repartee, personality and character in his little finger than his detractors. If people do not see this speak for the genius it is you just have to feel sad for their cynical bitter souls.

On the contrary, he is a tory buffoon. Cameron was only to pleased to get him off his front bench before he dropped another bollock. He is likeable enough but is not a serious politician.

As I have said on earlier posts, I think Ken Livingstone has his feet up stroking a lizard having a great laugh knowing what Boris has to come up with in 4 years time on a budget of crumbs !

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
On the contrary, he is a tory buffoon. Cameron was only to pleased to get him off his front bench before he dropped another bollock. He is likeable enough but is not a serious politician.

The rumour I heard was that when Boris decided to go for Mayor, Cameron saw it as a good way of putting him out to pasture and stopping him repeatedly asking for a return to the Shadow Cabinet. He would let him run for mayor, see him get beaten, then that would be it. Remember Cameron thought the position was so hard to win he wanted Greg Dyke to stand jointly for the Tories and the Lib Dems in an attempt to unseat Ken.

Of course it didn't quite work out that way, partly due to our friends at the Evening Standard and many other factors.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Hes probably more intelligent than the collective IQ of NSC so a Buffoon ?, I think not.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Hes probably more intelligent than the collective IQ of NSC so a Buffoon ?, I think not.

I believe you are in the financial business US ?..... one can now better understand the crisis in the banking/finance sector.
So, he is more intelligent than the COLLECTIVE IQ of NSC ? so, that means the collected IQ's of several thousand past and present subscribers ? The highest IQ on record was put at about 220 so this means the average IQ of NSC'S is something like 0.0005 in order to be subservient to the genius, Boris ? :thud:

I think you need some new batteries in your calculator

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I believe you are in the financial business US ?..... one can now better understand the crisis in the banking/finance sector.
So, he is more intelligent than the COLLECTIVE IQ of NSC ? so, that means the collected IQ's of several thousand past and present subscribers ? The highest IQ on record was put at about 220 so this means the average IQ of NSC'S is something like 0.0005 in order to be subservient to the genius, Boris ? :thud:

I think you need some new batteries in your calculator

Sounds about right.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Sounds about right.

Lord have mercy...... The Mamma Mia has rotted what little intelect you had.....

mind you that means that you also must have an IQ of 0.0005, so for your job, you are overqualified :thumbsup:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I think the biggest impression he made for such an important occasion was that he looked like a total scruff.

Is he naturally a slob?

Jacket undone, gut hanging out and hands in pockets.

Quelle surprise. Sorry if you don't get the subtle nuances of our humour. It's all in the clever wordplay you see.

Nice to see you're still not bitter about the mother country whopping your arrogant Aussie arses. You lot take defeat so well.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Lord have mercy...... The Mamma Mia has rotted what little intelect you had.....

mind you that means that you also must have an IQ of 0.0005, so for your job, you are overqualified :thumbsup:

Probably I could have done something more worthwhile than getting mortgages for people but it is a cross I have to bear especially at the moment.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I think Boris is a genuine breath of fresh air in today's cynical politics, whether or not he's a buffoon. But will he still be mayor in 2012? Does he have to get re-elected before then? :drunk:

[Just realised the drunk has 2004 on his hat. Why's that?]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here