Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris Johnson - Ping Pong is coming home

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Did anybody else notice his legs when he was waiting to sort-of 'wave' that flag? It looked like he has rickets - but in reverse! :eek:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I forsee easy pickings for the muggers, overcrowded public transport, a huge influx of east european prostitutes and huge embarrasment for all of us

well don't bloody watch it then you miserable git, let the rest of the country celebrate the worlds greatest event and you can keep moaning to yourself

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
If you didn't know him you'd think he was a prat, probably what the rest of the world is thinking.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Oh dear, I'm sure London will be great, but Boris gave the impression he's looking forward to an It's a Knockout comeback.

I thought the whole thing was hilarious, multi-million pound spectacle interupted momentarily by London transport.

Brilliant

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I think the biggest impression he made for such an important occasion was that he looked like a total scruff.

Is he naturally a slob?

Jacket undone, gut hanging out and hands in pockets.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Maybe the greatest speech since Churchill in 41.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Absolutely hilarious! While I'm somewhat ashamed to admit this, he made a far better job of the handover speech than Ken Livingstone would have done. I particularly liked his comments about other nations looking at a dining table and seeing the opportunity to have dinner. Unlike the British...

He is a throwback to the age of the "bon viveur"! Nobody else would even considrer, let alone actually go ahead and use, the term "wif waf".I find his use of quaint old phrases quite endearing. Anybody who saw this week's episode of "Who do you think you are" will have noted the use of such stalwarts of the old school as "cripes!" and "stone the crows!":laugh:

Whilst I still have doubts about his ability as a mayor (but then again, lets be honest, big business runs London, not the mayor), I think he actually projects a caricature stereotype to the world of what many people think the English are like. I certainly prefer him to be our public face for something like this than the miserable po-faced newt worrier.:)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Imagine how boring that speech would have been if Ken had got back in.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
History

Most authorities agree that table tennis is of English origin and that it was first played with improvised equipment on dining-room tables. Around 1900, when celluloid balls began to replace rubber and cork balls, the game became very popular in England and the U.S. Early manufactured sets were called Gossimar, Whiff- Whaff, and, more commonly, Ping-Pong, the latter being a patented trade name. Its popularity as a parlor game quickly waned, but about 1922 a simultaneous movement started in several parts of the world to revive table tennis as a serious sport. A meeting held in 1926 in Berlin among five nations resulted in the formation of the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF). The U.S. Table Tennis Association (USTTA), founded in 1933, governs tournament competition in the U.S. The annual national championships consist of matches in more than 45 different classifications, such as men's singles and doubles, women's singles and doubles, and junior and senior events with players under the ages of 10 to over 75. The USTTA joined the ITTF in 1933. The International Federal, composed of about 140 member nations, sponsors individual and team play at the world championships held every two years. From the 1960s through the early 1980s China often dominated these championships; interim titleholders came primarily from Japan, Sweden, and Hungary. In the late 1980s, however, with the entry of table tennis into the Olympic Games, South Korea and Sweden finally ended China's dominance.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And who could forget....

[yt]uOivzoRc0I8[/yt]

He DOES actually get the ball first

:lolol:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The sum of BJ is a cleverly constructed and very thought out piece of work that suckers people into buying into his 'cult of baboon' with well prepared speeches and blundering, schoolboy delivery and demeanour to match.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
An embarrassing start to the 2012 Cheapskate corner cutting British Olympics.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here