Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bobby's coming home?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I was not overly impressed with his work rate for England against Sweden. Not the player we want any more ???

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Has Gus even heard of Bobby Zamora? Do people presume we've still got Micky Adams in charge? Is Mauricio Tarricco actually Alan Cork?

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
What makes you think he's loved at West Ham, he was crap there wasn't he?!

Scored the goal that got them promoted back to the prem didnt he? I know alot of hammers that really rate the Zamora and would love him back, he even has his own song made about him by some guy that played Dean Martin in the Rat pack at the Savoy made about him (also a hammer)

D

Deleted member 18477

I was not overly impressed with his work rate for England against Sweden. Not the player we want any more ???

maybe not a player a team wants... but a player a team NEEDS! holding the ball up is key. thats why we got paynter...

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Scored the goal that got them promoted back to the prem didnt he? I know alot of hammers that really rate the Zamora and would love him back, he even has his own song made about him by some guy that played Dean Martin in the Rat pack at the Savoy made about him (also a hammer)

Was it the one that went:-

When the ball clears your head

And it lands in Row Z

That's Zamora... ?? ???

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Can Palace really afford to lure BZ to South Croydon with the promise of a Winnebago ?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Bobby Z is the best TARGET MAN TYPE forward for England. Just like we brought in our target man from Leeds who may not be in the top 7-10 strikers we could have signed, but is the best realistic TARGET MAN TYPE to make up the SQUAD, Bobby should be going for the SQUAD. Also clearly better than Carroll currently, Crouch in the eyes of the boss, and so you have Rooney, Bent, 2 of Defoe, Welbeck and Sturridge (so many goals in Prem) who all too similar to take all 3 especially since not Defoe fan or inexperienced, plus Bobby!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Bobby Z is the best TARGET MAN TYPE forward for England. Just like we brought in our target man from Leeds who may not be in the top 7-10 strikers we could have signed, but is the best realistic TARGET MAN TYPE to make up the SQUAD, Bobby should be going for the SQUAD. Also clearly better than Carroll currently, Crouch in the eyes of the boss, and so you have Rooney, Bent, 2 of Defoe, Welbeck and Sturridge (so many goals in Prem) who all too similar to take all 3 especially since not Defoe fan or inexperienced, plus Bobby!

Exactly. And what are the chances of all of that lot being fit come June? At least 1 will be injured. He has a chance, definitely.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Definitely this.

I really, really wouldn't want Zamora back as the chances of him having the sort of impact he had first time round are surely less than ten to one.

Have you been smoking something?

I must admit, on reflection I might change my opinion. Zamora, like Murray, is great at holding the ball up, and I still think that is the main reason we are not in the top six.

Ahhh good you're back. Zamora and CMS up front would score goals for absolute fun!

Very unlikely to happen of course for reasons outlined numerous times on this thread.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I doubt this would happen unless his season starts to fade big time from now till January, his link up play with Andy Johnson this season has been nothing short of class. If Zamora was to return then it'd probably be when we're serious contenders for the Premier League but right now this season we're not.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I doubt this would happen unless his season starts to fade big time from now till January, his link up play with Andy Johnson this season has been nothing short of class. If Zamora was to return then it'd probably be when we're serious contenders for the Premier League but right now this season we're not.

Bah. Let's sign Andy Johnson TOO. That would be very very funny.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here