Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bobby's coming home?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Euros wont affect any decision made by BZ as most of the papers said he had a poor game against Sweden in terms of a goalscorer and offered nothing that others in front of him dont. I thought he played quite well but the football writers all marked him as one of the least effective of our players.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
The Euros wont affect any decision made by BZ as most of the papers said he had a poor game against Sweden in terms of a goalscorer and offered nothing that others in front of him dont. I thought he played quite well but the football writers all marked him as one of the least effective of our players.

Did they? How bizarrely strange, he played very well as a loan striker and was involved in all our chances.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

I was really surprised by the bad write up he got. I thought he played really well, virtually all of our attacks came through his superb hold up play when he was on the pitch. He was so isolated up front but did a really good job, he is now a quality target man. I got quite excited about the idea of Gerrard, Rooney and Ashley Young running onto his knock downs rather than Barry, Rodwell and Jones.

The problem is the media never really fancied him so were always going to slaughter him no matter how he played despite the fact Bent and Sturridge were annonymous when they came on.

I would definitely take him to the Euro's as he offers us something no other striker in this country can.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
The problem is the media never really fancied him so were always going to slaughter him no matter how he played despite the fact Bent and Sturridge were annonymous when they came on.

Sad but very true about the media. Bent is a lazy striker who if the ball to him isn't perfect just stands there and shrugs. We lost all attacking impetus as soon as he replaced Zamora.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I thought he did well but it's prob cause we were all looking out for his every touch! If it was anyone else but BZ the anti English who use any excuse to slag players in the 3 lions off would have made an appearace on here i assure you...!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
he wont sign for us as the number 25 isnt free as kll has it.

end of thread

The number 25 wasn't free when he signed for Fulham, he wore number 9 his first season there.

What are the chances that KLL will still be here come the Jan transfer window anyway, we may not make the deal perm freeing up the 25 shirt.

Not that I actually think Bobby will come back in January anyway.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Sad but very true about the media. Bent is a lazy striker who if the ball to him isn't perfect just stands there and shrugs. We lost all attacking impetus as soon as he replaced Zamora.

Wouldn't worry about what the papers say, it's Capello that picks the team. I think he did OK and I can see him being selected for the finals. Unfortunately there still seems to be a section of the media which regards him as a bit of a donkey due to his time at Spurs and West Ham (and also because he plays for an unfashionable club) and ignore the progress he has made over the last couple of seasons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here