Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bobby's coming home?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Is this comedy hour ? At least six other current players in his playing position will have to be injured / failed a drug test or retired for BZ to go to the Eurofinals.

? He was very good last night, all our good moves linked through him, he would play very well with Rooney. Imaging if we had had Bent up front on his own again last night, would have been dreadful.

strange strange thread this

D

Deleted User X18H

What garbage. At least 7 premier league clubs would be interested in signing Zamora. No chance of him dripping down.

Or dropping down I would imagine. I mean Blackburn, Wigan or Everton wouldn't even wet the nib on their Parker for him would they. Let alone West Ham or Lester (play on words)

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Is this comedy hour ? At least six other current players in his playing position will have to be injured / failed a drug test or retired for BZ to go to the Eurofinals.

I just read this again, and it's even more bollocks than I thought it was first time around.

6 eh?

Rooney
Bent
Sturridge
Welbeck
Carrol
Defoe

You think all 6 of these would have to be injured for BZ to be one of the 5 strikers in the squad? Which means there must be another 4 ahead of him after this lot. Who are they?

Why do people post such rubbish?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Zamora brings something different for England. If they take five strikers (I can't believe some people are talking about only four, including Rooney who's out for three games) he has a chance.

As for Brighton, it's going to be all about the timing, whether there is a match between where his career is at and where we are as a club. This might be him at say 32, and us pushing for promotion. I believe he would love to come back, and while he's not the out-and-out goalscorer we first saw with the blistering pace, he has developed as a player and now has many other attributes.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
For me the players that would be selected before Bobby would be

Rooney
Welbeck
sturridge
Defoe
Crouch
Carroll
Agbonlahor
Bent

Crouch is borderline

Remember this is a manager who insisted on playing Emile Heskey. He won't touch Crouch any more, doesn't rate Carroll's fitness and doesn't rate Defoe full stop. If he has no plans at all for Zamora and the Euros I doubt he'd have been on the bench last night let alone starting up front on his own.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
It's very difficult to imagine him returning in January though the mutual antipathy with Jol seems to be genuine. Just as an aside, would the return of the prodigal son shift all or a significant proportion of the newly requested seats?

D

Deleted member 18477

best english strikers around atm?

IMO:
1. Rooney
2. Bent
3. ZAMORA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4. Welbeck
5. Defoe
6. Agbonlahor
7. Sturridge
8. Crouch
9. Carroll

there aint many better than BZ atm!

D

Deleted member 18477

It's very difficult to imagine him returning in January though the mutual antipathy with Jol seems to be genuine. Just as an aside, would the return of the prodigal son shift all or a significant proportion of the newly requested seats?

YES! hes an england international, europa league finalist, one of the best strikers in the prem on his day and a brighton legend!!!

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
If you are correct, dig, it'd be self financing. Which removes one huge hurdle. I'd be surprised if he was prepared to drop a division prior to the Euro squad announcement however.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Definitely this.

I really, really wouldn't want Zamora back as the chances of him having the sort of impact he had first time round are surely less than ten to one.

Disagree.

Bobby is now a much better player than he was when he was with us before.

No chance in January. ZERO.

Next summer, who knows. Still highly unlikely IMO

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I must admit, on reflection I might change my opinion. Zamora, like Murray, is great at holding the ball up, and I still think that is the main reason we are not in the top six.

D

Deleted member 18477

If you are correct, dig, it'd be self financing. Which removes one huge hurdle. I'd be surprised if he was prepared to drop a division prior to the Euro squad announcement however.

i agree. i'd be very surprised to see him back at brighton ever! hes gone on to bigger and better things and im very happy for him. would he want to come back and maybe run the risk of not living up to the expectations? only he knows that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here