Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bobby Robson - RIP

Pinkie

Feb 22, 2009
Italia 90 was when I first really got into football. I loved that team, Bobby and the tournament, not to mention New Order's cracking track WIM.

Bobby was indeed one of the few managers who was (a) bloody good and (b) a genuinely pleasant and throroughly decent guy. It shows that you don't have to be an arsehole to be a winner.

A very sad day for football, and obviously, especially his family. But a top, top guy who was a complete ambassador for the game. RIP.

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
i was lucky enough to have met Bobby prior to a world cup warm game in Tunisia in 1990, there was a small group of us pool side and Bobby took time out to come and chat with us.. he said he truly believed we would do really well in Italia '90, .... how close we were to winning it ! It showed to me what a true Gent and a great manager he was in coming to talk to the fans.

RIP Bobby ,you will be greatly missed

ironic that he should die on the anniversary of this....................

379_0_1233754556.jpg

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
RIP.. England were alright under Bobby Robson..but nobody noticed.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Always had a lot of time for Sunderland and their excellent supporters. My view has not dimmed after hearing their fans have been laying wreaths and the club has flown it's flag at half-mast in tribute.

Touch of class.
Couldn't agree more. Sunderland are and always have been a class outfit. :clap:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Thank you so much for everything you did for football. If it was not for that cheating midget you would have won the world cup.
A true gentleman and true role model if ever there was one.
R.I.P Sir Bobby..............

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Bobby was one of the old school who has earned and gained the respect of football fans the world over.

As has been previously mentioned, the grace & dignity with which he carried himself is something for us all to aspire to and something which i doubt we will see again

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
RIP Sir Bobby. Sometimes you hear bad news and you`re stopped in your tracks because that person was special. Today was one of those days for me. A man who had tremendous dignity and a man who REALLY loved the game and the people who played it.
A sad day indeed.

franks brother

I made a point of reading his book last year and my overiding feeling was that he was an absolute gentleman and a true legend of the game.

Those heady days in the summer of 1990 will be forever remembered.

God Bless you Sir Bobby, RIP

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here