Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BNP's Election Broadcast

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Well what you state about Brittain and Lawson is open to conjecture and I should imagine any politician whom has gained access to the highest of cabinet posts of any party whom is Jewish has had to put up with some with some racist insult somewhere along the line in his career (because of petty jelousness of what they have achieved). However, the fact that Michael Howard, Nigel Lawson and Leon Brittain can reach the absolute top echelons of the Concervative party and governement of this land shows that the Tories are not racist.....and if Tory party politicians whom bring up immigration controls aren't shouted down as being racist the first minute they suggest any controls we may have a more sensible debate on the subject.

The Jewish culture in the UK cuts through the political divide. There are Jewish people high up in the Trade Union movement as well as high up in the Conservative Party.

To say the Tory Party is not racist on the back of that doesn't tell the whole story. Of course the party is not institutionally racist, and many business leaders (and hence Tory supporters and/or members) who are Jewish are welcomed in.

But racism takes many forms, and you'll find that Jewish people are, for the most part - and quite importantly - white. To some, that matters.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
The Jewish culture in the UK cuts through the political divide. There are Jewish people high up in the Trade Union movement as well as high up in the Conservative Party.

To say the Tory Party is not racist on the back of that doesn't tell the whole story. Of course the party is not institutionally racist, and many business leaders (and hence Tory supporters and/or members) who are Jewish are welcomed in.

But racism takes many forms, and you'll find that Jewish people are, for the most part - and quite importantly - white. To some, that matters.

Are you saying that the Tory party don't have black, asian members then as well?

Dandyman

In London village.
What has ethno nationalism got to do racism. Many people all over the world of different races and cultures define themselves in ethnic terms. You are even asked about it when filling out forms. what is your ethnicity? Recently they had a white English option. They didn't have a black option for this but did for the usual British option.

Its quite funny how its the liberals and their side kicks the marxist. Defined people in racial terms and now its blowing up in their faces :lol:

Ethnic monitoring is an attempt to ensure that all service users and/or job applicants receive fair treatment. What does it have to do with favouring one ethnic group over another ?

I'm well aware that some people define themselves in ethnic terms - frankly it always seems rather limiting to me and not a reflection of the complexity of identity.

Ethno-nationalism, unless you want to provide another definition, clearly suggests championing one ethnic group ("Volk") over others ergo racism regardless if it is ring-wing Zionists or Holocaust deniers like Griffin.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Are you saying that the Tory party don't have black, asian members then as well?

I'm not saying that at all. I'm not sure where that leap has come from.

To clarify, you're saying that the Tory Party isn't racist because it has Jewish people throughout its membership, including at Cabinet/Shadow Cabinet level.

What I'm saying that racism takes on many forms, and it's not necessarily a one-consideration-fits-all point that every racist hates every non-white, non-British, non-Protestant person. My point is that not everyone (a tiny minority) in the Tory Party is happy with these non-white, non-British, non-Protestant being there in the same party, and that every now and then the odd member will prick up about it, before being swatted down by the central party.

So I'm challenging the point that the Tory Party isn't racist for the reasons you give, especially when it has certain members who do have a fair dose of racism within them. Incidentally, I am sure that no party can claim 100% cleanliness on the issues of racism.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Your previous post said it was rented on the open market. Make your mind up.
Perhaps you should just read my post properly and then respond, it states, quite clearly, that my flat is rented on the open market, and the gay poles and the congolese asylum seeker are tenants of the housing association, then i open brackets and put 'IE not on the open market', is that clear enough for you ?

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Ethnic monitoring is an attempt to ensure that all service users and/or job applicants receive fair treatment. What does it have to do with favouring one ethnic group over another ?

I'm well aware that some people define themselves in ethnic terms - frankly it always seems rather limiting to me and not a reflection of the complexity of identity.

Ethno-nationalism, unless you want to provide another definition, clearly suggests championing one ethnic group ("Volk") over others ergo racism regardless if it is ring-wing Zionists or Holocaust deniers like Griffin.

I wasn't talking about ethnic monitoring favouring one group over another. I was talking about how it defines people by ethnicity. Hence people belong to an ethnic group. May be it is rather limiting but no different than defining people by class. Its a fact of life.

There you go again trying to link ethno nationalism to nazism. :wrong:

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
Immigration will always be a problem in this country until the people coming in try to integrate and not make their own communities where only they live. As I've said on another post I've been the only person in the restroom at work and shops where I'm the only English speaking person there. My local schools are over run with Asians who are born here yet are bought up in their traditional way. As I don't like curry I haven't even had the benefit of enjoying the food. I'm sure some of the posters here do, or have lived in an area like mine and don't have a problem, I think the majority, however, have no idea what it's like. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but don't label all BNP voters as racists, many of them have been pushed into a corner where no major party will listen to their concerns.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
I'm not saying that at all. I'm not sure where that leap has come from.

To clarify, you're saying that the Tory Party isn't racist because it has Jewish people throughout its membership, including at Cabinet/Shadow Cabinet level.

What I'm saying that racism takes on many forms, and it's not necessarily a one-consideration-fits-all point that every racist hates every non-white, non-British, non-Protestant person. My point is that not everyone (a tiny minority) in the Tory Party is happy with these non-white, non-British, non-Protestant being there in the same party, and that every now and then the odd member will prick up about it, before being swatted down by the central party.

So I'm challenging the point that the Tory Party isn't racist for the reasons you give, especially when it has certain members who do have a fair dose of racism within them. Incidentally, I am sure that no party can claim 100% cleanliness on the issues of racism.

It has got off track a bit from the original thread but the problem is this. If the right wing mainstream party (Cons) are called racist (when they are not) and literally shouted down and booed out when they even propose a solution then we as a country can't have a proper debate on immigration.

However, the problems concerning immigration are still there in certain communities and it is totally naive to believe that it doesn't exist. Because nothing ever gets done by the mainstream parties because there is no sensible debate, then people will be driven to the extreme parties (BNP)

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Immigration will always be a problem in this country until the people coming in try to integrate and not make their own communities where only they live. As I've said on another post I've been the only person in the restroom at work and shops where I'm the only English speaking person there. My local schools are over run with Asians who are born here yet are bought up in their traditional way. As I don't like curry I haven't even had the benefit of enjoying the food. I'm sure some of the posters here do, or have lived in an area like mine and don't have a problem, I think the majority, however, have no idea what it's like. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but don't label all BNP voters as racists, many of them have been pushed into a corner where no major party will listen to their concerns.

I lived in a predominately Asian area of Bolton for 2 years and I'm afraid to say I am one of those who had no problem with it. Never got any hassle, even late at night, shops were always open and some Asians girls are as fit as fook.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
I lived in a predominately Asian area of Bolton for 2 years and I'm afraid to say I am one of those who had no problem with it. Never got any hassle, even late at night, shops were always open and some Asians girls are as fit as fook.

I live in Coventry as you know. Its quite interesting that with the recent mass immigration into this city. It is not only the English people that have a problem with it. The local asians, Irish and west Indian communities are also unhappy about it.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Discrimination

Are you racist? Scroll down for the poser ....

Would you let a Carib, somebody from the Mob (Pompey), or from Bromley? or an Anglo-Saxon wanker? marry your daughter?

:tantrum:

Last edited:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I wasn't talking about ethnic monitoring favouring one group over another. I was talking about how it defines people by ethnicity. Hence people belong to an ethnic group. May be it is rather limiting but no different than defining people by class. Its a fact of life.

There you go again trying to link ethno nationalism to nazism. :wrong:

How can you NOT link ethno-nationalism to Nazism? The Nazis wanted to create a society of their perfect Aryan race, anybody who didn't fit this blueprint was to be removed (and they went into some quite 'scientific ways of working out if someone 'qualified'.). By far the largest group that didn't fit into this plan were the Jews, and all of us except dear Mr Griffin know what became of them.

The BNP's policies are exactly the same in this regard. They wish to create a master race of 'ethnically British' people, or whatever their slogan is, and conveniently ignore the fact that we're all descended from Scandinavia and central Europe anyway. Thus the BNP can quite easily be linked to the Nazi party, but they will try their damndest to avoid it because they know they will only get the vote of actual Nazis if they say what they really believe.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
How can you NOT link ethno-nationalism to Nazism? The Nazis wanted to create a society of their perfect Aryan race, anybody who didn't fit this blueprint was to be removed (and they went into some quite 'scientific ways of working out if someone 'qualified'.). By far the largest group that didn't fit into this plan were the Jews, and all of us except dear Mr Griffin know what became of them.

The BNP's policies are exactly the same in this regard. They wish to create a master race of 'ethnically British' people, or whatever their slogan is, and conveniently ignore the fact that we're all descended from Scandinavia and central Europe anyway. Thus the BNP can quite easily be linked to the Nazi party, but they will try their damndest to avoid it because they know they will only get the vote of actual Nazis if they say what they really believe.

Its quite simple really. Nationalism is based on a community that share a common culture, history, language etc. would you say that the Zulu nation or the native Americans are Nazis? of course you wouldn't.

The BNP cannot be linked to Nazism. Have you read Mein Kampf. It is based on a racial theory for the German people and the German people alone. It also has nothing to do with nationalism. German nationalist suffered persecution by the nazis

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
The BNP supporters on here called for a total block on immigration, that clearly includes Gus.

If you want a "sensible debate" then let's also talk about how global capital exploits the developing world and pushes the poor toward the rich countries, how the IMF, World Bank continue that dependency and how dividing up working people on the basis of ethnicity has been one of the more unpleasant tactics of the ruling classes since the Hugenots fled France 500 years ago.

fair point. as is pointed out, no one here is rushing to bangladesh. britain, or at least london, is where its at for millions of the worlds more motivated poor. we are only at the start of this mass movement of people, and thats the point. you get idiots on here talking about hugenots and other stuff they have read about, its embarrassing.

problem is we have dildos refusing to believe this will have massive consequenses for our society, as it does not appear it will for them in the near future. its this i'm alright jack attitude dressed up as worldliness or compassion that i find most distasteful, and in abundance on here. anyone including the more lefty on here who have spent more than the last decade in inner london will tell you it has been turned on its head. seeing it out the train window on the way to work does not count.

people on here defy belief sometimes with their idiotic lefty posturing.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
fair point. as is pointed out, no one here is rushing to bangladesh. britain, or at least london, is where its at for millions of the worlds more motivated poor. we are only at the start of this mass movement of people, and thats the point. you get idiots on here talking about hugenots and other stuff they have read about, its embarrassing.

problem is we have dildos refusing to believe this will have massive consequenses for our society, as it does not appear it will for them in the near future. its this i'm alright jack attitude dressed up as worldliness or compassion that i find most distasteful, and in abundance on here. anyone including the more lefty on here who have spent more than the last decade in inner london will tell you it has been turned on its head. seeing it out the train window on the way to work does not count.

people on here defy belief sometimes with their idiotic lefty posturing.

They should all sit down and read " camp of the saints "

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Its quite simple really. Nationalism is based on a community that share a common culture, history, language etc. would you say that the Zulu nation or the native Americans are Nazis? of course you wouldn't.

The BNP cannot be linked to Nazism. Have you read Mein Kampf. It is based on a racial theory for the German people and the German people alone. It also has nothing to do with nationalism. German nationalist suffered persecution by the nazis
This theory would have a lot more credence if the BNP hadn't had a policy banning non-indigenous people from membership until it was overturned in the courts.

I don't doubt that you are a proper nationalist, but you can see how there is a dangerously blurred line between true nationalism and racism - and the worry is that the BNP straddle that line, and God knows which side of that line the party is run from.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
This theory would have a lot more credence if the BNP hadn't had a policy banning non-indigenous people from membership until it was overturned in the courts.

I don't doubt that you are a proper nationalist, but you can see how there is a dangerously blurred line between true nationalism and racism - and the worry is that the BNP straddle that line, and God knows which side of that line the party is run from.

If you check my posts. You will see that I said that the BNP would allow non indigenous people into its ranks, It wasn't just down to the courts. It was something that Griffin, Darby and Wingfield tried to sell to the memership a long time ago but it was rejected. Try a few of the far right forums and see their comments about this if you don't believe me.

There is not a blurred line between nationalism and racism. That line is created by liberals who have their own political and economic agenda.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If you check my posts. You will see that I said that the BNP would allow non indigenous people into its ranks, It wasn't just down to the courts. It was something that Griffin, Darby and Wingfield tried to sell to the memership a long time ago but it was rejected. Try a few of the far right forums and see their comments about this if you don't believe me.

There is not a blurred line between nationalism and racism. That line is created by liberals who have their own political and economic agenda.
This is too funny. I can't believe you have the cheek to blame the blurred line on "the liberals", when the BNP's own membership rejected the chance to remove racial barriers to membership.

I'm not arguing your viewpoint by the way, you come across as a decent bloke. I don't agree with you, but I see where you're coming from. However, you are failing to see what is staring you in the face - the BNP will never become anything other than a marginal party appealing to racists when the majority of its own membership behave like this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here