Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blue Brigade - Brighton Ultras

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Great idea boys, but you're up against it. First thing required is to write to the club and ask their permission to take flags in with something bigger than a twig which snaps when waved. Otherwise we'll get no further than the Health and Safety Nazis who'll confiscate everything at the turnstiles. But we all see places like Anfield with those giant continental flags on poles being waved. Yet we're not allowed anything bigger than those crappy flags the club sells for £10 made from polyester and with print on just a single side, because they could be used "aggressively". The same idiots banned bog-rolls being thrown, something away keepers always used to enjoy banter with the North Stand over, because of "Health and Safety". Because we all remember the thousands of casualties caused by flying toilet roll don't we? The fact that we're all treated like hooligans whilst at the same time football boasts it has moved on is a complete double standard. Besides, anyone who can throw something like a flag pole into the Withdean Away fans stand should be singled out and developed for 2012 Great Britain team given the distance it is from the home fans.

Biggest problem is the stewards are not football fans let alone Brighton fans. As Stephen Fry said "Health & Safety.....the 3 most dangerous words in the English Language". That needs to be tackled from the top. Without the club's endorsement we'll be allowed nothing more than wartime bunting.

:angry::angry::rant::rant:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Ive emailed the club so keep an eye out on the blue brigade forum as I will post it there when I get a reply.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Jimmy - I've not seen this at a game? Has anything happened yet with it?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
What is the facebook page called? Link above shows as incompatible browser for me

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Blue Rinse Brigade more like. It's boy scout embarrassing. Ultras my arse! Please stop. Now.

You know how spontaneous unplanned pissups are always the best ?? I suspect the same is with ' fans groups '.

Tad harsh lads - have u seen the scums ultra stuff at scumhurst - even that looks good. It's getting the money together to have the massive sheet type flags which may be the problem. Get behind them for doing something about the shite atmos at withers - it will also look great...

Good work Jimmy

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Tad harsh lads - have u seen the scums ultra stuff at scumhurst - even that looks good. It's getting the money together to have the massive sheet type flags which may be the problem. Get behind them for doing something about the shite atmos at withers - it will also look great...

Know what you mean sheebo. And fair play for that. But there's nothing worse than enforced jollity.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Know what you mean sheebo. And fair play for that. But there's nothing worse than enforced jollity.

Forget the jollity bit for a min tho - if it just ensures we get lots of flags and colour present at Falmer it will surely be worth it. The atmosphere will come on its own at Falmer for sure - once everyone who's been used to Withdean wakes up :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here