Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blue Brigade - Brighton Ultras

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Seven Stands, if we did anything like that at Withdean the Stewards would have a field day LOL. Shame though, it would be good to get the whole East Stand co-ordinated to something like that. But we would have to be sitting down, and Doris in Row 15 would complain that the noise was hurting her ears and that some nasty young man knocked her flask of minestrone soup over, and she got a ticket for West Ham so she shouldn't have to be subjected to these horrid oiks ruining her afternoon peace.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
It would be great if we can get this going... the scarf day was great... even if we only got people bringing there scarfs and waving and singing at first it would be 10X BETTER than it is now.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
That sums it up pretty well, sadly. Withdean is a lost cause. When we get Falmer, though, there's no excuse not to make the place BOUNCE with every single game. :)

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Agreed but we can still try even if its just constricted to getting the east stand rocking.

:ascarf::ascarf::ascarf:

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings
Seven Stands, if we did anything like that at Withdean the Stewards would have a field day LOL. Shame though, it would be good to get the whole East Stand co-ordinated to something like that. But we would have to be sitting down, and Doris in Row 15 would complain that the noise was hurting her ears and that some nasty young man knocked her flask of minestrone soup over, and she got a ticket for West Ham so she shouldn't have to be subjected to these horrid oiks ruining her afternoon peace.

if we did this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2emsJ4MwUvM we may lose a few fans of either side of the stand :laugh:

and know i dont know how to add videos

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham
No offence but I find the 'Ultra culture' of football support pretty crap. It is also only mainly embraced by the 'latin' countries such as Italy, Spain & South America. It would appear that despite a few exceptions 'Ultra culture' is not embraced by the more Northern European coutries such as Germany, Great Britain, Scandinavia and the Benilux region. It is sometimes confused in such coutries who have fanatical supports that they are Ultras but that is not the case.

I think Falmer will help sort atmosphere out, I mean it is not as is we have not had great atmosphere's before. People say the one against Millwall the other Friday is the best they have known at Withdean but for me nothing beats the 6-0 over Mansfield...The whole place was rocking.

Anyway, I can never see it taking off over here as we are already entrenched in our own football culture which is much better...You know, beer, programme and dodgy pie!!!

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Fair enough that you dislike the whole ultra country, but it is not true that the countries you stated don't have many ultra groups. Germany have some of the biggets groups in Europe, and the Dutch and Scandinavian groups are getting very big as well. Admittedly the idea of ultras is very new to Great Britain, but around half of SPL teams have groups, and the scene is really growing.

One thing we don't want to do is get rid of our British culture of having a few pints, etc. We just want to add to that a louder atmosphere and bring more colour to games.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Ultra's...brilliaqnt.

can I get out my old Doc Martin Boots and braces?

ooops

Err, which part of this:

The word ultra is often (wrongly) associated with violence and hooliganism, it must be stated that the group have nothing to do with this, and are not in any way, shape or form a hooligan group. We completely discourage football violence in all it’s forms.

did you not understand?

Personally think it is an excellent idea Kukev31 :thumbsup:

Rabeen

Jul 11, 2003
Worthing
During the summer I went to Athens to see a friend of mine - and went to see a pre-season friendly at the Olympiakos stadium. Their Ultras are called Gate 7 and didn't stop making noise and waving scarves and flags for 90 minutes - this against another Athenian team, Panionios, but not one of the bigger, AEK / Panathinaikos sides. They lost 2-1 too. Just made them louder.

I think this could be a great idea. Millwall was enjoyable, but one or two people saying about it being one of the best atmospheres at Withdean really brought home to me how much I miss the Goldstone. MAny of those games, especially the night games were simply brilliant. The 'newer' fans - or younger fans, have rarely, if ever felt the excitment that we used to, at home anyway.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Great idea - The atmosphere at Gillingham was shocking (not that I sang much due to a hangover) but more colour, scarf waving and giant flags sounds good. I always love watching Liverpool in the Champions league because the Kop looks amazing in a sea of Red and loads of flags specific to the club.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Not enough flags and FUN at football if you ask me. I don't mean inflatables and those plastic clappy things you bend and bang together, but just COLOUR and a carnival of NOISE.

Some people will sneer and baulk at the idea believing it not very British or tacky or whatnot, but bollocks to that. When a team visits Falmer and they come out to the pitch, at least one end of the ground should be awash with colour, flags and noise for EVERY game. Huge bastard flags waving around.

Football shouldn't be about blokes getting larey and being COCKS. It should be for everyone to go and have a bloody good time. Whatever happened to good old fashioned football RATTLES, anyway?

abso-bloody-exactly

you can tell from a few quotes on here that some people fear something like this might affect their HARDNESS rating, but they just need to grow up some time. Good luck with it.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Not sure how singing your heart out for 90 minutes, backing your team regardless of the result or creating a massive show of colour could affect a hardness rating...I would have thought that it would enhance the club (and our) profile around the footballing World...I reckon it is a superb idea...count me in for away games where you don't need membership of the AMS.

Does anyone own a megaphone?

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Not sure how singing your heart out for 90 minutes, backing your team regardless of the result or creating a massive show of colour could affect a hardness rating...I would have thought that it would enhance the club (and our) profile around the footballing World...I reckon it is a superb idea...count me in for away games where you don't need membership of the AMS.

Does anyone own a megaphone?

err yeah, that's what I was saying:rolleyes:

It would seem one or two people, from a few quotes on here, wouldn't like to see it though (god knows why), that's what I meant.

They have Ultras at this converted running track too:-

italy07030.thumb.jpg

Behind the goal at last Saturday's Siena -v- Milan match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here