Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blue Brigade - Brighton Ultras

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham
Due to the decline in atmosphere at Brighton matches, and football in general. A few of us have decided to set up an ‘ultra group’. Our aims are to improve the atmosphere at both home and away matches. Increasing not only the noise, but the range of songs, the colour and just trying to have more fun whilst watching football.

We will remain independent of the club and will therefore fund all of our own projects. We will continue to support the team through thick and thin, and will be only supportive throughout the game.

Ultra groups massively increase the atmosphere on the continent, and there are a number of burgeoning groups in England and Scotland, that have done tremendous amounts to bring back atmosphere to British grounds eg. Aberdeen, Celtic, York etc. We have been renowned for having a good away support and this is something we want to build on, as this has seen a recent dip. We also aim to improve home support and ultimately hope to have Brighton renowned as some of the loudest fans in the League.

The word ultra is often (wrongly) associated with violence and hooliganism, it must be stated that the group have nothing to do with this, and are not in any way, shape or form a hooligan group. We completely discourage football violence in all it’s forms.

The group is very new and is looking for as many people as possible to help, whoever you are, and however many games you get to. All that is asked of potential group members is that they are willing to do as much as they can to support the team, any contribution to the group, no matter how big or small will be greatly received. This group is about bringing to Brighton matches what football should be about, enjoying yourself, watching football, and supporting the Albion.

Our forum is here.
bluebrigade.forumotion.com

We want to make our average game, a bit more like this.
Hamburg
17973210.jpg

Lodz
25u5ytz.jpg

Frankfurt
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N10r3uuRaZk

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Myself and a small number of NSCers are already registered on there, but new members and support would be fantastic.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
No offence but I find the 'Ultra culture' of football support pretty crap. It is also only mainly embraced by the 'latin' countries such as Italy, Spain & South America. It would appear that despite a few exceptions 'Ultra culture' is not embraced by the more Northern European coutries such as Germany, Great Britain, Scandinavia and the Benilux region. It is sometimes confused in such coutries who have fanatical supports that they are Ultras but that is not the case.

I think Falmer will help sort atmosphere out, I mean it is not as is we have not had great atmosphere's before. People say the one against Millwall the other Friday is the best they have known at Withdean but for me nothing beats the 6-0 over Mansfield...The whole place was rocking.

Anyway, I can never see it taking off over here as we are already entrenched in our own football culture which is much better...You know, beer, programme and dodgy pie!!!

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
We want to make our average game, a bit more like this.
Hamburg
17973210.jpg
I may be wrong but isn't that Eintracht Frankfurt? Who have struggled to shake off a persistent hoolie problem over the years?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ultra's...brilliaqnt.

can I get out my old Doc Martin Boots and braces?

ooops

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
....anyone remember the arsenal game where the police made the arse fans take their boots off and they were all left outside the ground in the gutter.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Good for you, we could do with a bit of passion at last.

On the Hoolie thing, I reckon that this type of highly visible support tends to attract the bell-ends from other clubs who fancy some ag, but that is no reason not to be proud of your club and show it.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Not enough flags and FUN at football if you ask me. I don't mean inflatables and those plastic clappy things you bend and bang together, but just COLOUR and a carnival of NOISE.

Some people will sneer and baulk at the idea believing it not very British or tacky or whatnot, but bollocks to that. When a team visits Falmer and they come out to the pitch, at least one end of the ground should be awash with colour, flags and noise for EVERY game. Huge bastard flags waving around.

Football shouldn't be about blokes getting larey and being COCKS. It should be for everyone to go and have a bloody good time. Whatever happened to good old fashioned football RATTLES, anyway?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
....anyone remember the arsenal game where the police made the arse fans take their boots off and they were all left outside the ground in the gutter.

Yep. Our first ever game in the top flight. First 5 mins we were on top. 3-0 down at half time. Final score 4-0 to the gunners.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
We know how to make an atmosphere at my local team, too:

[yt]UFYANFqpSj8[/yt]

This was the local derby, but take away the coloured cards and even regular games are not a million miles from this.

Falmer will have 2000 more seats than this place, so it just shows what can be done! (And this is 20000 shy, passive and meek Japanese, remember - surely you Brits can do better! ;) )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here